PDA

View Full Version : Laquer Paint

GottaJet
11-02-2003, 07:34 PM
Can anyone recommend a good paint store where a guy can get his hands on some laquer paint mixed to o.e.m. colors?? Somwhere in so.cal. or the surrounding area... Any help you can provide will be a big one! Thanks GJ:D

boatdude
11-03-2003, 06:38 AM
I would suggest calling DiAngellos in Vegas. Might be a dead end as I believe that material is somewhat rare now. I still have 2-3 unopened quarts of PPG "high performance clear" if you want em ?

manuel
11-03-2003, 07:44 AM
I needed to paint my hood only and started searching for OEM Lacquer only to be told it's no longer being made, House of Kolor has some left over but only weird colors, people acted like I was asking for heroin or something was wrong with me for even wanting to spray such bad things in the air, I LIKE Lacquer ! it's easy to fix scratches and chips and it last's a long time but anyway, these are the only people who would mix it for me that I found, Hibernia Auto Restorations,
http://www.hiberniaautorestorers.com/
you have to call them and either have the code# or send them a chip, Good luck (California was the first state to outlaw Lacquer so I doubt you will find it locally)

GottaJet
11-03-2003, 11:52 AM
Thanx Guys I've pretty much had the same results..GJ