PDA

View Full Version : The Sopranos?

HammerDown
11-03-2003, 12:34 PM
So has the new season started...or is what my neighbor taped for me Sunday a repeat?
Stinking Horse was sick...I thought that horse was killed in a fire last season?
Whats-up?

dimarcobros
11-03-2003, 01:36 PM
I am pretty sure that was from last season.
DMB

HammerDown
11-03-2003, 01:42 PM
Thanks...guess I missed that one.

Essex502
11-03-2003, 01:54 PM
New season won't start until next year.

Gman
11-03-2003, 02:03 PM
It was from last year. The new season should be up in the start of next year. Does anyone watch CARNIVALE?

Stupid Fast
11-03-2003, 02:12 PM
I love Carnavale. HBO puts out some good stuff.

11-03-2003, 02:19 PM
BAD NEWS IS:
Season 5 episodes start in March of 04.
Don't worry about missing the stratup, there will be a huge PR blitz in the weeks preceeding.
GOOD NEWS IS:
Jan 16(?) Begins season 3 of The Shield!!
http://www.andovertownsman.com/news/20020321/AE_001a.jpghttp://i.cnn.net/cnn/2002/SHOWBIZ/TV/07/18/emmy02.emmy.nominations/shield.jpg

carbonmarine
11-03-2003, 02:22 PM
Nah,,,,,
After Sopranos , the best show is on fox ... Its called
" The Shield "
Rick32

Essex502
11-03-2003, 03:02 PM
Carnivale is a little too weird for me....Reminds me of Twin Peaks.

MagicMtnDan
11-03-2003, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by RiverDave
Yep... LOL That's my new one until Soprano's comes back..
I think it's a kick ass show, but I must admit it's a little confusing.. ???
I've been watching from the beginning (missed sundays, but I'll catch it this week) but for the life of me I'm still a little confused on how the Preacher and the Carnie's are integrated? It almost seems like 2 seperate story lines (so far anyways).. ??? I'm sure they will intersect sooner or later, but they haven't yet.. (To my knowledge?)
RD
As you know there was overlap in the beginning when the Carnivale was in town. You're probably right about them intersecting but I'm guessing a lot has to do with "Scudder" (who it appears is Hawkins' father).
It was interesting that the wanted poster (murder/escape from a chain gang) showed up last night. And last week's bit on the two kids (preacher and his sister) was telling.
A lot is happening but it's pretty subtle and you have to be paying attention. I see it all but don't catch it all until afterwards when I think about what I just saw. This one's a LOT less "in-your-face" than the easy to "understand" Sopranos! :D

MagicMtnDan
11-03-2003, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by RiverDave
Ney Now... There was alot going on in the Sopranos as well if you choose to look for it. When the Soprano's 1st came out I "lurked" (if you can believe that) on a sopranos message board for awhile reading some of the theories and anylization of the show.. That lasted about 3 weeks until they anylized it to the point where I was looking for subtle hints in the show instead of just enjoying it.
Now Carnivale though, it seems like there's all kinds of subleties going on in that show..
AS far as the 2 little kids.. I didn't quite understand what that was suppose to mean. The preacher is off HoBo'ing as it seems and he gets hurt etc.. and the kids won't help him and even at one point whack him over the head with a rock. But when his sister (I originally mistook her for his wife) told the story when she was a little tipsy abou the 2 kids and it kept flashing back n forth.. What was that all about? And the phone call at the end? "You knew all along what was inside of me?" Kinda eary, but WTF does it mean??
RD
The preacher's sister (Iris) is telling the story about the two little kids, a boy and his sister, and how their mother was dead and their father abused them (I think) and how they ended up in that place (I forget - was it a wreck?) - anyway, that story is about the preacher and his sister! And how the little boy (the preacher) protected her from a guy (yes, they showed the preacher as the guy but keep in mind that the preacher was, at the time, hanging out on the edge of the bridge thinking about jumping off and he was dreaming/remembering that story about he and his sister).
I forget the phone call - I'm gonna have to think about that and get back to you.

LASERRAY
11-03-2003, 11:38 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by REGISTERED USER
[B]BAD NEWS IS:
Season 5 episodes start in March of 04.
TRUE. I heard that last feb. I was in COSTCO yesterday and ALMOST bought season 4 on DVD but could't pull the trigger on the deal. I'll probably wait until a month before the new season to buy. HBO does have the best shows on tv other then NASCAR, the NFL and Lifetime.....eerrrrrrr ESPN!