PDA

View Full Version : Net Zero ????????

Jetty 468
11-03-2003, 04:36 PM
Has anyone here seen or use Net Zero ? I can't take it no mo w/ dial up !!!!!!!

Frosty_pop
11-03-2003, 05:10 PM
Net Zero is still dial-up so it sucks no matter what they claim, it is still the same old slow dial up.

Jetty 468
11-03-2003, 05:51 PM
Bummer! Cheaper ain't better

mike37
11-03-2003, 05:53 PM
get cable

Keithb87
11-03-2003, 07:35 PM
I have DSL @ work and Cable @ home.
I'll never go back to Dial up.
I visited my parents in Colorado this year, it took me 20 minutes just to check my e-mail on his old dial-up.
Never again!!!!

LASERRAY
11-03-2003, 11:04 PM
Net ZERO My ass! $9.95 ain't zero ok! I got my cable(modem) yesterday.(Adelphia) It screams! It's far better then D.S.L..(too slow)(verizon d.s.l. sucks!) I would castrate myself if I had to use dial-up. Dial-up went out with Clinton. Good luck:cool:

Jetty 468
11-04-2003, 05:50 AM
I guess I will have to chunk the ideal of net zero !

HOSS
11-04-2003, 05:53 AM
I had DSL now have cable. My DSL was quicker.

Caribbean Jet
11-04-2003, 07:58 AM
I had net zero when it was free and it sucked then, don't do dial up. Go DSL or Cable. I have DSL but i used cable and they are both good.

6 Dollar Boat
11-04-2003, 08:41 AM
I had Net Zero for years ( no cable or DSL in my town ). It was as slow as AOL but cheaper. Now I have cable, but for dial up there's nothing wrong with Net Zero.

Dr. Eagle
11-04-2003, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by Jetty 468
Has anyone here seen or use Net Zero ? I can't take it no mo w/ dial up !!!!!!!
The Net Zero "high speed" internet for 14.95 is the same as their regular internet for 9.95. The difference is that their software stores more temporary fires on your computer to try to appear to speed up the internet surfing. I guess it helps if you go to the same sites all the time.
I have cable up here in the north, my Dad has DSL down in the southland, either seems to be fast enough for me. I have considered changing to DSL because both Verizon and SBC have a one year deal for 29.95 a month. Beats the 49.95 for the cable modem.
I only use dial up on the road with my laptop, and going back to dial up is depressing...:(

Dr. Eagle
11-04-2003, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Forensic
Net Zero isnt that bad if all you want is to check hotmail or local movie times... But you only get 10 hrs on the free plan and you have to deal with pop-ups. I install it on computers for people while they search or wait for thier high speed access.
I use Cable and it flys. Its way faster, like 4 times faster, than DSL.
I really does matters if your in a neighborhood with a lot of cable internet useage though. They can put 29 people on a single node and if your all on at one time, it can really suck. It seems like I am the only one who downloads anything in my neighborhood cause I can get several downloads going at once and get 450 to 500 KB total on my downloads. DSL is limited to 128KB download Max and only gives half the upload bandwidth.
Thats my experience with Cable vs DSL. I know it can vary depending on your area.
DSLs speed depends on the distance of your house from the telephone company's central office. The closer you are, the faster the connection. My Dad's DSL runs at about 80% the maximum of my cable, but when my neighbors get on their computers the cable modem slows down to about the same rate as the DSL.
If he were not so close to the central office, his speed might only be 25% of the cable modem. The phone company also sells different base speed packages, so you can buy a 128K or a multiple of this number of 2 or 3, then up to the maximum speed. Your options will be determined based upon the distance from the CO.