PDA

View Full Version : Chevy tech question....1997 S-10

AZKC
11-04-2003, 04:10 PM
So helpin a friend out with a turn signal problem, all light up but no flashing. Probably the flasher, we hope. Where did they hide that thing. I have heard its buried behind lower dash left of the cig lighter :(
Any help out there:)
Fishin but I'll post in Gear Heads also
KC

mikev
11-04-2003, 04:59 PM
its on the fuse panel under the dash by the e brake

PowellScooter
11-04-2003, 05:09 PM
Try the hazzards, do they work? You may have a bad multi function switch.. Remember too there are 2 flashers one for turn sigs and 1 for haz flashers:eek:

RiverRatMike
11-04-2003, 05:20 PM
usually hazards and turn signals have there one seperate relay circuit.

AZKC
11-05-2003, 06:47 AM
Originally posted by mikev
its on the fuse panel under the dash by the e brake
Nope, this fuse panel is on the left side of dash by the door you have to have the door open to access it. Truck may not be an 97 I'm dealing with a clueless kid :rolleyes:
KC

AZKC
11-05-2003, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by PowellScooter
Try the hazzards, do they work? You may have a bad multi function switch.. Remember too there are 2 flashers one for turn sigs and 1 for haz flashers:eek:
Hazards work fine, and all the bulbs light up with the turn switch just don't flash. So I kinda ruled out multi-funtion switch. I was cking out an auto forum and a guy there said it was buried behind the cig lighter area of lower dash which seemed odd they used to be easy to get to.
KC

carreraelite
11-05-2003, 06:54 AM
I'm sure it's like my dads '96 S-10 Blazer. It's near the bottom of the dash ,under the ash tray , near the center of the truck.:D

AZKC
11-05-2003, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by RiverRatMike
usually hazards and turn signals have there one seperate relay circuit.
Sort of, Usually they share the same circuit, and have seperate flasher/relays. Hazards are constant hot and signals are hot with ignition on only. Some imports are a one piece relay/flasher/hazard.
KC

AZKC
11-05-2003, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by carreraelite
I'm sure it's like my dads '96 S-10 Blazer. It's near the bottom of the dash ,under the ash tray , near the center of the truck.:D
Thats sounds like where I'll start, just odd to hide them. Just another way to make you take it to the dealer/shop:yuk:
KC