PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Familiar With Gear Vendors Under/Overdrive?

MagicMtnDan
11-05-2003, 07:50 AM
"GEAR VENDORS gives your vehicle up to twice the forward gear ratios for unparalleled performance. Most auxiliary transmissions are just dual ranges (put them in low for towing, high for running empty) but you still have the big gaps from one gear to the next that rob performance. You could actually go slower than you do now. The UNDER/OVERDRIVE™ is built for giving you a progression of gears with 1/2 the drop in rpm of the stock vehicle so that you stay in the power with close ratio performance. More power than just an underdrive or overdrive and just one of the reasons the GEAR VENDORS UNDER/OVERDRIVE™ is the most industry awarded transmission you can buy."
Gear Vendors Web Site (http://www.gearvendors.com/index.html)
Anybody here ever use them? Anyone familiar with their product?

HammerDown
11-05-2003, 07:56 AM
Go out to http://forums.thedieselstop.com/ubbthreads/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=UBB28 (7.3 IDI none power strokes thread). There's quite a few people on that forum with it...and from what I've herd, there very happy with what it has to offer.

wsuwrhr
11-05-2003, 07:57 AM
I have heard good things about them, I know they are pricey and bulletproof.
I have no direct experience with them though.
Brian

HammerDown
11-05-2003, 08:00 AM
Do a search on the above link I offered...

SchellSchock
11-05-2003, 08:15 AM
I live in the area their plant is in. If You want I can stop and pick up brochure and snail mail to ya'. Let me know.

Terrible Buddhist
11-05-2003, 08:39 AM
my unlce just put one on his blown 502 1 ton...loves it.

MAXIMUS
11-05-2003, 08:40 AM
My brother has one in a 78 lincoln mark 5 with a 510 inch dual quad motor, c6 trans & 456 31 spline rear end! It works very well & is bullet proof! I will be installing one on my 71 mach 1 which has a 429 cj with a c6 & a 410 rear end! Well worth the money...

Rexone
11-05-2003, 06:32 PM
Ran one in a pre overdrive suburban for many years. Great unit. Bullitproof. Can shift under full throttle towing, not a problem. I'd not hesitate to use one again.

blownfear
11-05-2003, 09:45 PM
knew a friend that had one on a cummins dodge and loved it.
he would toggle between high and low in every gear. worked pretty good to tow a 42' toy hauler......

burtandnancy
11-05-2003, 11:13 PM
Yes, I had one in my BBC dually. Pulled about a 7500 lb boat/trailer and loved it. Used it only for gear splitting and one overdrive, but this was in the days of the turbo 400, three speed and much heavier duty. I had 4:11 gears and the overdrive helped a little. It was a little rough back shifting so I left it alone unless I was pulling up hills such as Cajon or Baker Grade...