PDA

View Full Version : When is Spring Break in 2004?

Essex502
11-06-2003, 02:14 PM
Hey, if any website should know it is this one...
What are the Spring Break 2004 weeks for the various colleges in the Southwest?

summerlove
11-06-2003, 02:17 PM
Are you trying to coordinate or stay away???
BTW, are we southenders on next w/e????

Up 4 River
11-06-2003, 02:30 PM
I know these so far:
University of Arizona March 13-21
Arizona State University March 13-21
San Diego State University March 13-21
USC March 13-21
Cal State Fullerton March 27- April 4
This may tell you when to go or stay away. Third week in March will be a busy one.

dimarcobros
11-06-2003, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Up 4 River
I know these so far:
University of Arizona March 13-21
Arizona State University March 13-21
San Diego State University March 13-21
USC March 13-21
Cal State Fullerton March 27- April 4
This may tell you when to go or stay away. Third week in March will be a busy one.
Why does it not surprise me that you know those schools?
DMB;) :D

Up 4 River
11-06-2003, 02:37 PM
Just doing my little part of cival service for the day man. You are probably booking those dates at the Isles right now!:D

Essex502
11-06-2003, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by summerlove
Are you trying to coordinate or stay away???
BTW, are we southenders on next w/e????
1) Trying to plan a couple of trips - one out of the country to Cancun and want avoid the SPring Break crowd there as well as avoid most of the Spring Break crowd in LHC as well. Can't stay away for the entire March/April timeframe but with a good idea which weeks are which schools we can plan to miss the worst!
The wife and I are definitely going to be in town for the November 14/15/16 weekend!

Up 4 River
11-06-2003, 02:51 PM
It looks like the best dates are the beginning of March or starting the second week of April. I went online and got those dates so you can probably check other schools if you want to. This way you are there not in the middle of a party week.
If you're planning a trip to Cancun you will want to check out a lot of the big 10, ACC and big 12 schools. They are the groups that normally fly to places like Cancun.
U4R

Essex502
11-06-2003, 02:54 PM
While having spent a lot of time in Mexico, the wife and I have never made it to Cancun and want to do it in a more peaceful environ than a big Spring Break free-for-all! Thanks for the suggestion of the schools! I didn't think of looking at the college websites. Duhhhh.....:D

Up 4 River
11-06-2003, 02:59 PM
No problem. Cancun is a beautiful place and a great place to visit. Good luck on your planning.

dimarcobros
11-06-2003, 03:04 PM
U4R - are we plannig on making our first trip of the season early this year like we did last year? Man was it cold.
DMB:frown:

Havasu_Dreamin
11-06-2003, 03:16 PM
First trip of the season!?!?!?! WTF IS THAT!?!?!?!?! It's Havasu! You go at least once every month! :p

Essex502
11-06-2003, 03:16 PM
Preliminary investigation looks like Spring Break 2004 is going to encompass February 28th thru April 24 for the schools throughout the country. yikes.

Up 4 River
11-06-2003, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Havasu_Dreamin
First trip of the season!?!?!?! WTF IS THAT!?!?!?!?! It's Havasu! You go at least once every month! :p
Yeah I think that DMB should go every month to. He's got a place on the water and needs to sac up.:D

dimarcobros
11-06-2003, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Havasu_Dreamin
I stand corrected. Going on the water in January is not as much fun as July but it still beats the city life.
DMB

dimarcobros
11-06-2003, 04:00 PM
Yeah I think that DMB should go every month to. He's got a place on the water and needs to sac up.:D
Watch your mouth little man or you will voif your pass to the Isle's. We almost didn't make it last year in Feb because you didn't want to go if I remember correctly. :p :D
DMB

Up 4 River
11-06-2003, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by dimarcobros
Watch your mouth little man or you will voif your pass to the Isle's. We almost didn't make it last year in Feb because you didn't want to go if I remember correctly. :p :D
DMB
If I remember correctly you had snowbirds in your old place and we had to use my boat. It was nine sitting in the rain that first saturday.

River Lynchmob
11-06-2003, 04:33 PM
DMB and U$R why wait untill next year? how about this weekend or next both are going to be about 80 during the day and firepit weather at night.

River Lynchmob
11-06-2003, 04:38 PM
by the way ill be up there for every weekend of spring break this year at the Isles (right shep) :cool:

Ziggy
11-06-2003, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Essex502
While having spent a lot of time in Mexico, the wife and I have never made it to Cancun and want to do it in a more peaceful environ than a big Spring Break free-for-all! Thanks for the suggestion of the schools! I didn't think of looking at the college websites. Duhhhh.....:D
Might I suggest Playa Del Carmen instead of Cancun???(south of cancun 40miles or so) Wife and I did Cancun a year ago and were less than impressed overall. Beautiful beaches yes but otherwise it felt like Tijuana to us....and seemed to be more geared towards 20 somethings, plus stuff was outragously expensive at the resorts...
BYW, all the beaches along the carribean coastline are A+ white and fluffy.
Thought I'd just put in my .02c.:)

Up 4 River
11-06-2003, 04:44 PM
Are you going up there soon Lynch? I'm sure you and the SDSU boys will be there during Spring Break. IN Parker of course.

SCUBA STEVE
11-06-2003, 04:48 PM
Just pick a upper class resort andy you'll have no problems with the spring breakers. If your into clubbing thats another story. :D
We went in 2001 begining of April.... no problems sight seeing, or having a peacfull time at the resort.
When it came to clubbing, those places were jammed packed.
(just the way we like it!) :wink: :D

River Lynchmob
11-06-2003, 04:48 PM
well im sure we will my brother graduates this december so well see what they are all up to with thier new jobs etc. i think i may head up this weekend and or next then thanksgiving if my parents can get it together. how about you?

SCUBA STEVE
11-06-2003, 04:50 PM
Are you going up there soon Lynch? I'm sure you and the SDSU boys will be there during Spring Break. IN Parker of course.
Spring break in parker might be a better choice then what I did last year. :yuk: :mad: ;)

River Lynchmob
11-06-2003, 04:56 PM
Parker is a good choice for a trip any time.
what was your trip last year Scuba?

dimarcobros
11-06-2003, 05:13 PM
Lynch, you are always welcome at the Isles. I am sure it will be jsut as chaotic down in Parker as in Havasu. Are you going these next 2 weekends?
DMB

River Lynchmob
11-06-2003, 05:15 PM
i think Brooke and i may go up Todd is heading up with his lady this weekend. Grohs got his lot up there so i may go up with him next weekend to check it out.

Kilrtoy
11-06-2003, 10:08 PM
Spring break in parker might be a better choice then what I did last year.
yeah SCUBA
ANYTHING IS BETTER THAN JAIL....
So where and what are we going to do for spring break

Trailer Park Casanova
11-06-2003, 10:10 PM
Hey, if any website should know it is this one...
What are the Spring Break 2004 weeks for the various colleges in the Southwest?
Generally it's the week or two weeks before Easter.
Depends on what kind of scheduel the college runs.
We hit the river the week after Easter which is best for families.
In my 20"s it was the week before.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/939P8260042-med.JPG
aughter says spring break 2004 is only 19 weeks away

Essex502
11-07-2003, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by SCUBA STEVE
Just pick a upper class resort andy you'll have no problems with the spring breakers. If your into clubbing thats another story. :D
We went in 2001 begining of April.... no problems sight seeing, or having a peacfull time at the resort.
When it came to clubbing, those places were jammed packed.
(just the way we like it!) :wink: :D
We are planning on staying at the Le Meridien no matter when we go. We aren't real big "clubbers" though we might go once or twice in the week we are there.
So far it looks like late April avoids the Spring Break crowds and from the average temperatures/wind/humidity it won't make much difference either in March or April.
Ziggy - We'll probably not venture too far from the resort...may some day excursions. Hell, I like Tijuana!

SCUBA STEVE
11-07-2003, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
Spring break in parker might be a better choice then what I did last year.
yeah SCUBA
ANYTHING IS BETTER THAN JAIL....
So where and what are we going to do for spring break
Very funny!
I think a party at your place might be good! lol :D :cool:

MRS FLYIN VEE
11-07-2003, 08:50 AM
can the Vee's come. :D ;)

SCUBA STEVE
11-07-2003, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by MRS FLYIN VEE
can the Vee's come. :D ;)