PDA

View Full Version : GM Gets Extreme At SEMA Show in Vegas

MagicMtnDan
11-06-2003, 10:57 PM
Everything was "XTREME" in Chevrolet's portion of the GM display where it showed rubbed versions of its new Aveo minicar, Malibu sedan, Colorado compact pickup, and Equinox small SUV. With bulging fenders, 18-inch wheels, and green paint, the Aveo XTREME looks like a gangrenous thumb sewn to a roller skate, but it's otherwise mechanically stock.
http://www.thecarconnection.com/images/gallery/7471_image.jpg
The Malibu XTREME wears 19-inch wheels, a bunch of carbon Kevlar trim and gets power from the 2.0-liter, supercharged Ecotec four used in the new Saturn ION Red Line coupe.
http://www.thecarconnection.com/images/gallery/7472_image.jpg
The Colorado XTREME runs 18-inch wheels, has a slick aluminum rear tonneau cover, and is drenched in PPG Poppy Red paint, but the drivetrain is the stock 3.5-liter, 220-horsepower, in-line five.
http://www.thecarconnection.com/images/gallery/7474_image.jpg

jackpunx
11-07-2003, 11:10 AM
The older skyline.. I saw the new on in Japan.. not very impressive.. Oh.. and they are missing the twin turbo V6:D

mirvin
11-07-2003, 12:37 PM
Yeah, not very impressive. That truck is fugly as hell, the Malibu looks like it came out of Pep Boys, but I'm kinda diggin on the AVEO, I mean, at least it looks like something.

Blown 472
11-07-2003, 12:40 PM
More gm playing catch up to mopar, hehehehehe gm junk.

mirvin
11-07-2003, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Blown 472
More gm playing catch up to mopar, hehehehehe gm junk.
That's a sweet mopar in your avitar! Is that the new Viper?;)

Hotcrusader76
11-07-2003, 12:44 PM
Well GM has been less than impressive with me lately. ALL...I mean ALL of their 99-2003 Trucks are junk. Don't even let me get started on how much troubles myself and others have had with those heaps. The only thing good about them is the LS1 motors, Iron and ALuminum.
What about the Camaro? Did they ditch that design for EXTREME peices of plastic crap? What a joke:mad: ....hell I might even take my fustration and trade it in for a Ford tonight. The hell with GM.
Thank god the vettes are still around...but maybe not for long.
~Hot "just venting" Crusader76

Hotcrusader76
11-07-2003, 12:47 PM
Ya know I am so ticked off about GM I wanted to post twice....
After driving a friends Dodge I knew I had been dooped on a true "POS" GM truck....and I even traded my F-350 in for this Z-71....guess I'm the fool not GM:D
Sorry for hi-jacking the thread....
GM.....find a job

Blown 472
11-07-2003, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by mirvin
That's a sweet mopar in your avitar! Is that the new Viper?;)
Trust me, if I could get her on a mopar I would, she is blond and dont know what a real car is.:D :D

mirvin
11-07-2003, 12:50 PM
Yes, I understand. Who cares what her ass is on as long as it's "ON"!!;)

Cole
11-07-2003, 12:51 PM
ah come whats wrong with the camaro....its been around for what.... 8 years now:wink:

Hotcrusader76
11-07-2003, 12:57 PM
The only complaints I had about the Camaro is changing spark plugs on the fourth generations...No biggie....Other than that...what was wrong with the Camaro? nothing at all.
It's just that GM really screwed themselves when they gave up the competition on the Mustang. Now it seems the Mustang has taken to the killing grounds for Imports....What has society come to? Mustangs agaist Civics?
I've got my fingers crossed that GM will inspire a young engineer to kick the Camaro back into play. It won't be cheap....but hopefully it can be revived. Meanwhile take the Extreme brand and send them overseas.
~out

Bang Bus
11-07-2003, 01:11 PM
I missed that show, but I did have a booth at the adult convention this year!!!!

mayner1
11-23-2003, 10:37 PM
>>Originally posted by Hotcrusader76
The only complaints I had about the Camaro is changing spark plugs on the fourth generations...No biggie....Other than that...what was wrong with the Camaro? nothing at all.
It had gotten kinda fat though not as fat as the Firebird. When I say fat, I do not mean heavy so much as from a styling viewpoint.
>>It's just that GM really screwed themselves when they gave up the competition on the Mustang. Now it seems the Mustang has taken to the killing grounds for Imports....What has society come to? Mustangs agaist Civics?
>>I've got my fingers crossed that GM will inspire a young engineer to kick the Camaro back into play. It won't be cheap....but hopefully it can be revived.
I saw a new GTO on the way to work (Goleta, Ca. from Ventura, Ca.) a couple of weeks ago. Don't know if it was one of the magazines out testing or what. I'm pretty sure they're not out yet.
Looked great! Better than the pictures.
>>Meanwhile take the Extreme brand and send them overseas.
That's right.
Jeff
~out

Kilrtoy
11-23-2003, 10:47 PM
Do they make any of those things in man's colors or mans cars anymore

HOSS
11-24-2003, 05:40 AM
I like the Aveo. Looks like a hopped up supasitory! I`d drive it.

BIGTYME
11-24-2003, 10:23 AM
hey hot crusader,
You have a few bad gm trucks and ALL are bad? I have an 01 that is the best running truck i have ever owned, BY FAR! maybe its the jockey not the horse.