PDA

View Full Version : Banks

Havasu Cig
11-07-2003, 06:25 AM
Talked to a guy at the gym yesterday that has a new Chevy with the Duramax and has the Banks kit on it. Banks told him that it did not violate the warranty, but the dealer says it does.
Anybody know the right answer????

jackpunx
11-07-2003, 08:54 AM
Don’t know the right answer.. but my buddy who had the Banks on his Ford. They said it was covered.. when the trannie went out.. he spent months trying to get them to pay.. They finally did.. but I think its a really sticky area.. I have talked to numerous Ford Dealers about the Banks system.. Some say they cover it .. and some don’t.. I think its a gray area.. Cause you can order the truck from the dealer with the banks system.. Its a little misleading

Jordy
11-07-2003, 09:19 AM
The Banks kit for the Powerstroke (the 7.3 anyway) had an option that included a new exhaust housing and wheel for the turbo on top of all the electronics and exhaust.
http://www.bankspower.com/product_images/SF01A_PowerPack.jpg
The Duramax kit is just the exhaust and electronics:
http://www.bankspower.com/product_images/SC15A_Stinger.jpg
I can't see that doing the exhaust would void any warranty. If the electronics are a problem, just take them off before you go to the dealer. I know my programmer has a "return to stock" setting. :D

Havasu Cig
11-07-2003, 11:40 AM
I checked out their site. Looks like a nice kit for the Duramax, 72 more hp, and puts you at about 600 lbs torque.
Interesting that the only thing they offer for the Ford 6.0 is exhaust. I wonder if they are waiting to see what Ford does with the motor.:confused:

victorfb
11-07-2003, 12:10 PM
Banks is still in the research and development stage on the 6.0
they will only release products if they have a considerable gain is what i am told. Banks is very good about warrenty stuff. if you have a problem with the truck with thier product on it, take it to them first, not the dealer.

buck183
11-07-2003, 08:35 PM
That's kind of odd that the gentlemen had problems getting Ford to take care of it. Banks is a Ford authorized aftermarket product. Meaning the Ford and Banks have teamed up to make these products reliable and powerful for the consumer. There is more than one Ford dealer around here that offers dealer installed Banks packages.
HMMMM?
Buck

Jordy
11-07-2003, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by Havasu Cig
I checked out their site. Looks like a nice kit for the Duramax, 72 more hp, and puts you at about 600 lbs torque.
When you want to do something with the Duramax you can talk to me (Gibson, K&N, Superchips, Banks) or STV Keith for the Diesel Dynamics stuff. Personally, I'm thinking more and more about the Edge boxes that Keith has with the digital display. I'll say one thing, with the Gibson exhaust, cold air intake and the programmer, my Duramax came to life.

Kyle Andersen
11-08-2003, 08:18 AM
Havasu Cig,
If you are in San Diego come check us out in Escondido we build all of the trucks for North County GMC, North County Ford and many other dealerships in the area. We have just expanded our shop to include a showroom which we are still completing but we are open for business. Tag Motorsports 760-741-9300 anyone of us would be more than happy to help you. mon - fri 8-5