PDA

View Full Version : Albeit

Kilrtoy
11-08-2003, 07:14 PM
What the hell is up with this word.
Everyone is all of a sudden using it, like it some big stuffy word. Do people think it makes them sound smart or something.
I just dont get it.:yuk:

Big Bear
11-08-2003, 08:06 PM
I dont know what got into me Kilrtoy. I better not let my woman hear me talking like that. She will think this dog is finally learning some new tricks. F#*K THAT!:D

Kilrtoy
11-08-2003, 08:23 PM
Ok did u write that somewhere.
The other day I was in a meeting and everyone was using it, Iwent to the store and the guy who worked there was using it.
i went home and opened my cool Dic to see if i needed to start using it. The finally straw was when my co worked called a little while ago and used it. This guy is a rock, so im curious why this word is all of a sudden so popular.
37 hits and 1 reply, i take it alot of people dont know what it means, albeit they may.:eek:

superdave013
11-08-2003, 08:26 PM
non of my friends use it.
Albeit some of the workers might be using it. How do you say that in spanish?

Big Bear
11-08-2003, 08:37 PM
No comprende!

jbtrailerjim
11-08-2003, 08:47 PM
Nope, didn't really know what it meant, so I looked it up in the dictionary. Don't think I will be adding it to my vocabulary.

78Eliminator
11-08-2003, 08:48 PM
A couple other nuggets that make me want to jump across the meeting room table and knock someone out:
Proactive
Think outside the box
Action Item
Assigned Responsibility

Cheap Thrills
11-08-2003, 09:01 PM
Must be a west coast thing, albeit I could be wrong. :confused:
C.T. :wink:

Ntwotrance
11-08-2003, 09:04 PM
another buzz word that will lose it's welcome....

Kilrtoy
11-08-2003, 09:05 PM
ALBEIT this is a VILLAGE. We must think OUTSIDE THE BOX and PROACTIVELY assume our ASSIGNED RESPONISBILTIES. HENCE we will then take our ACTION ITEMS and create our VISION of what we are COLLECTIVELY to become......
Shit I can be a CEO of a bunch of nonsense.......

Dr. Eagle
11-08-2003, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
ALBEIT this is a VILLAGE. We must think OUTSIDE THE BOX and PROACTIVELY assume our ASSIGNED RESPONISBILTIES. HENCE we will then take our ACTION ITEMS and create our VISION of what we are COLLECTIVELY to become......
Don't forget the NEW PARADIGM and MISSION STATEMENT.... :D

TheLurker
11-08-2003, 09:49 PM
I haven’t heard many people using “albeit” yet. The thing I was tired of hearing everyone say was “as well”. Like in “I like that rack (as well).” Always seemed like it didn’t need to be said.

NorCal Gameshow
11-09-2003, 08:17 AM
i used that word last week, we needed a driver to go to napa, so i said albeit :D :D :D

Sleek-Jet
11-09-2003, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
What we need is a WHOLESALE BUY IN of the PROCESS RE-DESIGN.

NorCal Gameshow
11-09-2003, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Sleek-Jet
What we need is a WHOLESALE BUY IN of the PROCESS RE-DESIGN.
To meet the GO-LIVE date.