PDA

View Full Version : Colorado River special on PBS

Kilrtoy
11-09-2003, 05:41 PM
Good ole Huell is doing a special on the river right now.....5:30 to 7:00 P.M.

TheLurker
11-09-2003, 06:46 PM
How do you get a job like his? I want one

LeE ss13
11-09-2003, 07:07 PM
They didn't say a word about the races at Bluewater in Parker !!! What kind of documentory is that ???

randy77zt
11-09-2003, 11:42 PM
lets see-pbs watchers=tree huggers.the type of people that go for a 2 hour hike with $1000 worth of gear from rei.with save the whale stickers on back of volvo station wagon.the type of people that dont like loud boats.the type of people that would want topock gorge and the sand bar permanently closed so they can paddle kayaks through with out noise.if i dont want any noise i shut my motor down and drift.it gives me time for a cold 1.

TheLurker
11-10-2003, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by randy77zt
lets see-pbs watchers=tree huggers.the type of people that go for a 2 hour hike with $1000 worth of gear from rei.with save the whale stickers on back of volvo station wagon.the type of people that dont like loud boats.the type of people that would want topock gorge and the sand bar permanently closed so they can paddle kayaks through with out noise.if i dont want any noise i shut my motor down and drift.it gives me time for a cold 1.
Most people that I know who watch Huel Howser are not Tree Huggers or posers like you discribe. You could not have gotten it more wrong if you tried.
Albeit seeing where you live -Modesto-, so close HOMOfrancisco and to the places that elected Jerry Brown and Willie Brown as mayors I can see how you would think that way.

78Eliminator
11-10-2003, 08:38 AM
Yeah, ripping PBS is lame. Great station with unbiased news and educational television for all ages.

Dr. Eagle
11-10-2003, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by TheLurker
Most people that I know who watch Huel Howser are not Tree Huggers or posers like you discribe. You could not have gotten it more wrong if you tried.
Albeit seeing where you live -Modesto-, so close HOMOfrancisco and to the places that elected Jerry Brown and Willie Brown as mayors I can see how you would think that way.
I agree that Huel Howser is not a tree hugger or anything other than a quirky documentarian. He is enjoyable to watch and I do catch his show from time to time when flipping around the tube.
Now, talking about some of the other content on PBS, mainly Lehrer News...it does slant to the left. And when you get to National Public Radio, now the veil is off, they are shameless liberals. What an insight the recent interview with Bill O'Reilley was...
:rolleyes:

Her454
11-10-2003, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by TheLurker
seeing where you live -Modesto-, so close HOMOfrancisco and to the places that elected Jerry Brown and Willie Brown as mayors I can see how you would think that way.
Easy on the geographical connotations hu? :rolleyes:

mirvin
11-10-2003, 12:31 PM
Everybody likes "Big Gay Huell"!!!:D