PDA

View Full Version : Any opinions on Toy Haulers???

nextasex
11-09-2003, 07:20 PM
I'm interested in getting a toy hauler this season. Just got some new sand toys and now I need a freakin trailer for them. I am basically tired of hearing salesmen brag about their trailers and trashing the rest. Anyone here own one and can give me some advice? I have looked at Weekend Warrior, Rage'n, Gearbox, Tahoe, Fun Runner, and a couple others. I don't have much experience when it comes to RV's and trailers. Any help would be appreciated....:) :)
Thanks,
Frank

riverbound
11-09-2003, 07:25 PM
We have the alfa toy house and it is awesome very comfortable and decent sized garage area we can put six quads in there no problem. We did have a few problems in the begining but they took care of us every time we had a problem.
I have a buddy who has the warrior and they seem to be the most popular choice and they are built very well with great resale.
My uncle has the baja seems to be a good choice for lower priced trailer very few amenities though. but he has not had any problems with his.

MUDXPRT
11-09-2003, 07:57 PM
I have owned a weekend warrior, looked at them all WW has to be the best quality around, cost a little more but worth it.

anxious
11-09-2003, 08:01 PM
santek makes a great trailer if you are willing to spend the $$. Talk to Victor, straight guy, add anything to the trailer you want. They just finished the new BLM trailer out at Glamis

DesertDog
11-09-2003, 08:03 PM
I went with the Rampage 289 5th wheel made by Skyline.My wife really liked the stand up bedroom up front.I see your from So. Cal.There's a huge RV place in El Toro,down along the 5 freeway that has several different toybox brands on the same lot so you can compare them next to each other.
For a 5th wheel in my size I liked the Rampage.If I was to order a pull behind I would buy the Weekend Warrior.

77charger
11-09-2003, 09:17 PM
I bought one last year settled on a a baja 18ft box.We did lookat a few and walked each floorplan some we didnt like others were perfect.We finalized on two trailers a carson(titan)21ft and a baja 18ft.There ended up a couple more things after walkin between the two that i noticed on the carson i didnt like and the baja had the features i wanted paid (10,300).Some will suggest weekend warrior as tops but i cant justify the price(at least for me) But they do make a good trailer as well as others,I looked at sierra,sandpiper,carson,and a couple of others there are many options on these type of trailers also which can make the price vary.One thing i noticed was a few had the same type of cabinets,beds,a/cs,refrig,toilets,etc just layed out differently.Just look around and see what suits your needs.Also if you like a 21 ftr get a 24,(ex get the next size up from what you like) space shrinks very fast once loaded(my only mistake)

victorfb
11-10-2003, 01:11 AM
i bought a 38' fifth wheel from wildwood, (actually "forest river") its a 2002, and at the time the only 2 trailers that came in the wide body were that, and the weekend warrior. i paid 21,900 for mine (loaded with many extras)and the Weekend Warrior was 43,000+.(everything is an extra, even the batteries) the WW did look nicer but at the time i have heard alot of problems with them then. but for the price differance it was an easy decision for me. 2 wildwoods for the price of one WW. ive had good luck with mine and love it. huge cargo area for the buggy and two quads, and a recliener chair i bring along. if money wasnt an issue id definatly go with an Alfa. they are top of the line sort of speak. but just remember, if you get to talk to the manufacturing people of all the trailers, (honest talk) they will tell you that all trailers are built to last 15 years. after that you get a new one. im not here to say mine is better than the weekend warrior, but after alot of research and looking at all of em, i thought the best deal was the wildwood (forest river) for me. i know some of you want to say "you get what you pay for" but thats not allways the case. i didnt think the weekend warrior had that much more to offer for the huge price differance. same axles, similiar frame construction, but the weekend warrior does alot of cool graphics and layouts inside and out. the weekend warriors are definatly the most popular, and are nice trailers, but for that popularity they dont seem to deal very much on em. i went to the RV show and forest river was offering some awsome deals. weekend warrior said thats the price, thats it, no dealing at all. but hey, they are selling, so i couldnt argue with them. :D

Rubths
11-10-2003, 06:51 AM
I own a 04 FS3000 Weekend Warrior and am very happy with my purchase. I looked at all the trailers before I purchased and do not agree that the WW cost more that the others. If your looking for a good deal contact my friend Shawn he works for Giant RV and is the #1 WW salesman, he even has his own website where you can contact him www.glamiswarrior.com
Here is a pic of my rig I bought from him.
http://www.glamisdunes.com/photopost/data/500/674warrior1.jpg

bohica
11-10-2003, 09:36 AM
Yeah, what Rubths said. Call Shawn, straight up guy and best price in town.

nextasex
11-10-2003, 08:03 PM
Thanks for all the info, I do appreciate your time to respond. Any word on Rage'n toy haulers?
Frank