PDA

View Full Version : The end of my thoughts..

integra
11-10-2003, 06:44 AM
After having thought too much,and informed a lot everywhere I maybe finally decided what boat to buy...:)
Neither the Linetti 20.5( too small for everyday use in the sea) nor the Donzi 22 ZX (very nice, but with something I didn't like), but this one:
http://www.donzi.net/photos/fcivitano206.jpg
A fantastic Donzi 26 ZX with a 496 HO!!
With the great reductoin they make me, I can afford it, it's not as fast as the linetti( I think 65 mph about) but still very exciting, more comfortable, and perfect for the sea!!
What do you think my friends???:) :confused:

HavasuDreamin'
11-10-2003, 09:16 AM
Donzi makes a heck of a boat. Good Luck

RiverToysJas
11-10-2003, 09:17 AM
Does that boat come in twin small blocks? That's what I'd want for ocean runs. Two engines is always better than one when you're out in open water.
Great boat though!!!
RTJas :D

spectras only
11-10-2003, 10:59 AM
Fede , now you're talking. I would pick that boat in a heartbeat against the others you were thinking about. Or maybe a notch better [ the 28 ZX ] ;) . Twins are safer in the open water but the maintenance is too cumbersome phisically and financially IMHO.I'm sure you wouldn't venture too far from Genoa [ most people cruise close to the coastline] and there are boats by if you radio for help. Have a backup radio and cell phone when you're venturing farther from the shoreline. Me and my friends running single engine boats and always get help in a short time if need it.I'm curious what kind of deal you're getting on this 26 with the 496 HO over there.

integra
11-10-2003, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by HavasuDreamin'
Donzi makes a heck of a boat.
I'm sorry, I can't understand your phrase sense...:( :confused: :confused:

integra
11-10-2003, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by spectras only
Fede , now you're talking. I would pick that boat in a heartbeat against the others you were thinking about. Or maybe a notch better [ the 28 ZX ] ;) . Twins are safer in the open water but the maintenance is too cumbersome phisically and financially IMHO.I'm sure you wouldn't venture too far from Genoa [ most people cruise close to the coastline] and there are boats by if you radio for help. Have a backup radio and cell phone when you're venturing farther from the shoreline. Me and my friends running single engine boats and always get help in a short time if need it.I'm curious what kind of deal you're getting on this 26 with the 496 HO over there.
I'd prefere too twins engine for "parking" the boat, beside safety...;)
but the 28 ZX it's too big and too expensive, and it has high mainteneance too...
26 is the maximum I can afford,and at the same time desire!!:)
No problem for single engine, I won't be so far from the cost and I've always my cellular phone with me!!
(in Italy we're maniacs for mobil phone, almost 1:1 ,people:phones):D
This boat should reach 65 mph,maybe 67 with another propeller...:)

Dr. Eagle
11-10-2003, 12:58 PM
That's an excellent choice. You have a large enough boat for larger water, and there is some upside in the 496 with upgrades to the engine.
Good luck and have fun with it...:D

Dr. Eagle
11-10-2003, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by integra
I'm sorry, I can't understand your phrase sense...:( :confused: :confused:
It means Donzi manufactures an excellent boat... Just with the use of a little American Slang.

spectras only
11-10-2003, 02:21 PM
Fede , I have to warn you one thing about Donzi's. Looking at brand new models this last sunmmer, I found an imperfection that bothered me .Take a close look at their graphics on the decks.I found models with the wide stripe [red ] in the middle of the deck to be off center as much as an 1" 1/2 :eek: . Don't know if it's a consistent flaw or only a few bad ones [made on friday;) :D ] Regardless of this ,you'll love the ride in a DONZI:cool:

Kilrtoy
11-10-2003, 11:39 PM
nice boat

integra
11-12-2003, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by spectras only
Fede , I have to warn you one thing about Donzi's. Looking at brand new models this last sunmmer, I found an imperfection that bothered me .Take a close look at their graphics on the decks.I found models with the wide stripe [red ] in the middle of the deck to be off center as much as an 1" 1/2 :eek: . Don't know if it's a consistent flaw or only a few bad ones [made on friday;) :D ] Regardless of this ,you'll love the ride in a DONZI:cool:
Ok I'll pay attention!!:)
it's a small problem lucky!!
;)

KCook
11-12-2003, 10:47 PM
What is the nature of this "great reductoin" and just who is offering it? If it is the Donzi company (not dealer) and the boat is to be a "fresh" one (built to your order) then you are likely Ok. But - if this is from some dealer's stock, then you need to know the true history of this particular boat. Dealers do sometimes sell "new" boats that are really 2-year old leftover demo boats. And suddenly the "great reductoin" is not such a great deal.
Kelly Cook

LASERRAY
11-12-2003, 11:06 PM
Congratulations on your new boat. Be Safe and have a ball.:D

integra
11-13-2003, 04:46 AM
Originally posted by KCook
What is the nature of this "great reductoin" and just who is offering it? If it is the Donzi company (not dealer) and the boat is to be a "fresh" one (built to your order) then you are likely Ok. But - if this is from some dealer's stock, then you need to know the true history of this particular boat. Dealers do sometimes sell "new" boats that are really 2-year old leftover demo boats. And suddenly the "great reductoin" is not such a great deal.
Kelly Cook
Thanx Kelly, but it' not this case!
It's only because In Europe we have no Donzi dealer and so I have to do everything myself!! :)

integra
11-13-2003, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
It means Donzi manufactures an excellent boat... Just with the use of a little American Slang.
Ah ok!! Excuse me but we only study some English slang, unfortunately nothing American...:rolleyes: :)

integra
11-21-2003, 06:24 AM
Finally the order started!!
I'm so happy!! in March it will arrive!!
:) :) :) :)

HAULNZ
11-21-2003, 08:49 AM
We have had our Donzi since May and love it. :) The boat is perfect for our family and boating needs. Enjoy your new boatGreat Choice

integra
11-23-2003, 10:13 AM
Thanx!!
I think it's perfect for me too!:)

Dr. Eagle
11-23-2003, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by integra
Finally the order started!!
I'm so happy!! in March it will arrive!!
:) :) :) :)
Congratulations!!!
I think you will love the boat!