PDA

View Full Version : I'm Screwed!!!!!

topless
11-10-2003, 12:32 PM
Yesterday Dish Network debited my checking account for 1200. (thats right twelve hundred dollars!) They said they would refund me but it is going to take 10 to 14 business days. What sux is they were never authorized to debit anything. I am sooooooooo pissed off right about now. How is it that they can take my money and then it takes 14 f**king days to give it back? :mad: :mad: :mad:

miller19j
11-10-2003, 12:39 PM
Call back and talk to a Manager. If they were not authorized to take any money out then it is their fault and their responsibility to expedite the return of your money. Push harder and you will get you money right away.

miller19j
11-10-2003, 12:39 PM
PS when did you get a TV in the trailer? Is it Color and everything? :D ;)

Her454
11-10-2003, 12:43 PM
1st question, why 1200.00? Thats sounds like an error in itself that they would have to reconcile immediately. Secondly, have you EVER in the past paid by debit card or a telephone check?
Dish network is NOT supposed to keep this information after one of these transactions unless you authorized a monthly deduction in writing..........
ALSO, I received a call from DISH last month confirming
my monthly payment deduction from my account..............something I DID NOT authorize and they corrected it IMMEDIATELY because I would not get off the phone until they did.
I would call them back NOW.

GlastronGuy
11-10-2003, 12:44 PM
Damn! $1200 to get screwed and you didn't even get a kiss.
;)

Jbb
11-10-2003, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by miller19j
PS when did you get a TV in the trailer? Is it Color and everything? :D ;)
:D :D :D :D :D

topless
11-10-2003, 12:57 PM
I was on the phone with them last night for 45 minutes to get it reversed but they are idiots. I never authorized them to debit my account either. I did pay by debit card once and they told me that they do keep it on file. I also called to cancel the card but was told that since it was already authorized, they couldn't reverse it. Getting on the phone again........will fill ya in.
Oh the tv is color and the dish is almost as big as the trailer itself. :D ;)

Her454
11-10-2003, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by topless
I was on the phone with them last night for 45 minutes to get it reversed but they are idiots
I hate dealing with them for anything, period!

sorry dog
11-10-2003, 01:00 PM
I'd get your hacker buddy Brown to take those ****ers downtown.

dorC
11-10-2003, 01:03 PM
So, if I steal your car, will you let me use it for 3 weeks? Think about it.

topless
11-10-2003, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by dorC
So, if I steal your car, will you let me use it for 3 weeks? Think about it. If ya don't mind the trailer behind it.

mickeyfinn
11-10-2003, 01:23 PM
The bank is required to give your money back if you contest the charge. They are required to do so immediately. You will have to go into the bank and fill out a form that challenges the charge. That will get your 1200.00 back immediately but doesn't reconcile you with dish......Should have gone with Direct TV....

miller19j
11-10-2003, 01:30 PM
Wow Topless Color TV! You are making some improvements to the old trailer! I think its time to send Old Miller a new batch of pictures. You know I like the ones with you and the pink flamingos! ;) :D

topless
11-10-2003, 01:40 PM
The flamingos are the bomb! I think they increased the value of my trailer!:D The color TV makes it feel so much more like a home. I'll send some pictures soon. I still need to move from the Rex Marine parking lot first. ;)

Her454
11-10-2003, 02:02 PM
The flamingos are the bomb! I think they increased the value of my trailer!:D The color TV makes it feel so much more like a home. I'll send some pictures soon. I still need to move from the Rex Marine parking lot first. ;)
I'd be checking for splitters if I were you....ya might be supplying
Mikes guys with free DISH..........:D :D

miller19j
11-10-2003, 02:02 PM
I still need to move from the Rex Marine parking lot first. ;) At least there you stand a pretty good chance of getting a catalog some day! :D

topless
11-10-2003, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Her454
I'd be checking for splitters if I were you....ya might be supplying
Mikes guys with free DISH..........:D :D I knew there had to be a logical explanation! They will be cut off very soon!!!!!!:D ;)

DansBlown73Nordic
11-10-2003, 02:18 PM
I just signed up for Dish Network on Saturday:eek: :eek!: :eek:

JetBoatRich
11-10-2003, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Dans66Stevens
I just signed up for Dish Network on Saturday:eek: :eek!: :eek:
Better watch the charges:confused:

topless
11-10-2003, 02:31 PM
I hate dish. I was led to believe that it would be less expensive than cable. NOT!!!!!! The way they get you is to tell you you are getting the popular channels. What I don't understand is why do they consider the shopping channels "popular"? Then to get the ones you want including local channels, you have to pay more.
I can't wait until my contract is up. Only 15 short months left! :(

Her454
11-10-2003, 02:40 PM
What about AT&T? I hate dealing with them for my cell service. But out on Mullet Mountain we dont have alot of choices for services.....:rolleyes: I signed up with them (for a 1 year contract) and then later added my daughter to the account with a phone of her own on a "trial" basis....NOT knowing that EVERY time I made ANY type of change on my account it extended the original contract expiration date out....I WAS SO PISSED. I am still stuck in that damn contract, with her phone that I shut off but am still paying the monthly service charge for.....and no one uses that phone. :mad: :mad: :mad:
Didnt mean to Hijack here......

topless
11-10-2003, 02:48 PM
What about AT&T? I hate dealing with them for my cell service. But out on Mullet Mountain we dont have alot of choices for services.....:rolleyes: I signed up with them (for a 1 year contract) and then later added my daughter to the account with a phone of her own on a "trial" basis....NOT knowing that EVERY time I made ANY type of change on my account it extended the original contract expiration date out....I WAS SO PISSED. I am still stuck in that damn contract, with her phone that I shut off but am still paying the monthly service charge for.....and no one uses that phone. :mad: :mad: :mad:
Didnt mean to Hijack here...... Hijack away! All cell phone services have problems. I'm with Verizon and they also extend your contract every time you make a change. Not to mention the fact that many of the cell sites are down due to the fires so almost every time I make a call now, I get disconnected at least once.

Dr. Eagle
11-10-2003, 02:58 PM
Actually I think AT&T is one of the better ones, but that doesn't say much good about the industry as a whole. I worked for AT&T Wireless for a long time too, left em in 1998.
I have heard a lot of complaints about all of them, but Cingular and Sprint seem to get special attention. That whole contract thing is stupid, but it has been that way since AT&T came up with the Digital One Rate plan back in the mid 90s, including the extending of the contract term with any changes...
That never made me any sense at all...:confused: :confused:
Oh and I had Dish Network in my apt in San Diego for about a year. I wanted to get cable, but there was no service in the Apts at the time I guess because they were new. Dish SUCKED the big one hard. My son has had them for a couple of years too and just pulled the plug and got cable. I guess if you lived in the boonies where there is no cable, Dish would be a godsend, except of course for their customer service (what customer service?)...
:rolleyes:

Her454
11-10-2003, 03:19 PM
I take full responsibility for not reading the contract in full, and the fine print in the beginning, HOWEVER, AFTER asking the salesperson in the AT&T satellite office if it would effect my contract in ANY way and being told NO, I feel it is a huge misrepresentation. AT&T claims you must return to the satellite office to dispute any issues, and the office claims it must be done with AT&T.
Live and learn.

Jordy
11-10-2003, 03:36 PM
The flamingos are the bomb! I think they increased the value of my trailer!:D
The real key here is if the value of your car fluxuates based upon how much gas is in the tank... :D :D :D

Her454
11-10-2003, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by jordanpaulk
The real key here is if the value of your car fluxuates based upon how much gas is in the tank... :D :D :D
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Dr. Eagle
11-10-2003, 03:41 PM
I take full responsibility for not reading the contract in full, and the fine print in the beginning, HOWEVER, AFTER asking the salesperson in the AT&T satellite office if it would effect my contract in ANY way and being told NO, I feel it is a huge misrepresentation. AT&T claims you must return to the satellite office to dispute any issues, and the office claims it must be done with AT&T.
Live and learn.
Honestly in their defense (if you can call it that) AT&T does a crappy job of training their sales people. In fact they have such a turnover, I don't know of a comprehensive training program that they are giving their people before putting them on the floor. I think the person probably thought it would not effect your contract because that would seem logical. Like you said, live and learn...:rolleyes:

topless
11-10-2003, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by jordanpaulk
The real key here is if the value of your car fluxuates based upon how much gas is in the tank... :D :D :D How did you know? :D

Dr. Eagle
11-10-2003, 04:58 PM
The flamingos are the bomb! I think they increased the value of my trailer!:
Yep, and if you mow your lawn and find some Flamingos...well...you might be a redneck!!!

Kindsvater Flat
11-10-2003, 11:08 PM
I have had dish for 4 years with no billing problems or down time. I have used at&t for 10 yrs with no problems. I also have nextel that really sucks as a cell phone but works good for direct connect.

DansBlown73Nordic
11-11-2003, 01:09 AM
I spoke to my friend who has been a Dish Network dealer for 10+ years. He said they should fix that problem without any waiting time. If you don't make out let me know. I will hook you up with him.

NorCal Gameshow
11-11-2003, 06:09 AM
another reason to not use a debit card in these situations. break out the credit card. that way if there are any f-ups you don't lose cash out of your account.....14 days ?sounds like someone is too lazy to deal with it...

Lady Rat Attack 1
11-11-2003, 06:53 AM
I hate dish. I was led to believe that it would be less expensive than cable. NOT!!!!!! The way they get you is to tell you you are getting the popular channels. What I don't understand is why do they consider the shopping channels "popular"? Then to get the ones you want including local channels, you have to pay more.
I can't wait until my contract is up. Only 15 short months left! :(
AT & T might suck but at least you can get service.(Like out at the cliffs at Hogan). You know where I live and I can not even call out from my own front yard with Verizon. Can't wait for my contract to be up :mad:

Lady Rat Attack 1
11-11-2003, 06:55 AM
OOPPS Posted to wrong message but you klnow ahte I mean right Her454 :rolleyes:

Lady Rat Attack 1
11-11-2003, 06:57 AM
OH MY GOD I can not even type this morning. Sorry I have been at work since 230 this morning:eek:

Her454
11-11-2003, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by Lady Rat Attack 1
OOPPS Posted to wrong message but you klnow ahte I mean right Her454 :rolleyes:
Ya lost me there girlfriend...too damn early for me. :confused:

Her454
11-11-2003, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by Lady Rat Attack 1
AT & T might suck but at least you can get service.(Like out at the cliffs at Hogan). You know where I live and I can not even call out from my own front yard with Verizon. Can't wait for my contract to be up :mad:
That is true, I do have great service and can get it just about anywhere on the lake where others cant, so I DO like that. Dont get it at CFW tho.....not like I could hear it ring......;)

Lady Rat Attack 1
11-11-2003, 07:04 AM
Ya lost me there girlfriend...too damn early for me. :confused:
What the He * * are you doing on soooo early ??? Anyway I was talking about you cell phone and how you call call out from just about anywhere. And forgive my typing. Comming to work this early is realllly the pits. Way to much coffee:D

NorCal Gameshow
11-11-2003, 09:04 AM
just heard on the news that dish isn't gonna meet market expectations....look for more mistakes on your bill:D :D :D
glad i went with direct..tivo is the shiznit

Essex502
11-11-2003, 09:06 AM
DirecTV for us as well. Great service fair price....(if you call 8 receivers in two houses with local channels for about $90 fair) and excellent reception.

topless
11-11-2003, 11:11 AM
I talked to the corporate office yesterday and was told the refund was in process. I was also told it would take up to 14 days but maybe sooner to get my money back. I guess I need one of those will work for food signs in the mean time. They sux the big one!!!!!!!!!!!

NorCal Gameshow
11-11-2003, 11:16 AM
did you try to get any help from your bank?? the debit thing is nice, but with this type of problem the bank should step in...

topless
11-11-2003, 01:31 PM
I did call the bank and they said that since there was already an approval on it, there was nothing they could do. I told them that I never approved it but since it is a visa debit I would have to have Dish fax over on company letter head a statement saying they would not be debiting the account and only then would my bank release the funds to me. Dish said it was too late, the transaction had already been done and I just have to wait.