PDA

View Full Version : Lasik

mmered8299
11-10-2003, 01:52 PM
Going in next week for the first visit. They want $1800 an eye. Seems like a lot for only couple of mintues of work. Has anybody else had the surgery?:frown:

Nokomis
11-10-2003, 02:03 PM
I had it done 3 years ago for 2K total. Best money Ive ever spent in my life. I went in -4.75 in each eye and now Im 20-15. Better than new. The price seems high from what I see locally (Wisconsin).
Good luck.

MsDrmr
11-10-2003, 02:08 PM
Dont know where you are located, however, I wanted to let you know about this co....been around forever and great work. Lasik Empire located in Riverside Ca. They have a wonderful reputation and no complaints,,,,surgery starts at 499 per eye depending on correction needed. Give them a call (909)359-5273

79 HUSTLER
11-10-2003, 02:16 PM
I had lasik done in aug/02 and it is awsome. I was 20/15 on my 3 day check up and am currently 20/10. I went to caster eye center in beverly hills. They had the nicest staff and really took care of you. They were pretty pricey (2,400 per eye) but really liked their stats. Only 3% ever had to come back for a touch-up unlike others that were around 30%. I would never hesitate to go back or send another person there. Money well spent, especially for people being around the water all the time. Good luck, KELLY

Dribble
11-10-2003, 02:17 PM
I had it done right after the FDA approved it. My vision was 20-400 before, now eight years later it's still 20-20. I would pay double that amount to have it done.

spectratoad
11-10-2003, 02:20 PM
I had it done about 7 years ago and love it. I was 20/400 (blind) and as of my exam last year I am 20/20 in both still. Not sure of the cost my insurance covered it.
The only thing I have had to get used to is that the starbust from lights at night takes some getting used to. It is not bad but at times it is annoying. It really only happens though when I am tired.

jbtrailerjim
11-10-2003, 02:41 PM
I was at the eye doctor on Saturday and the eye surgeon they recomend charges about $3700. I decided against doing it for now. The wife need's a set of tit's. I think i'll enjoy them a lot more and i'll just have to tough it out wearing contacts for a little longer.:wink: :D

burtandnancy
11-10-2003, 03:28 PM
How about for guys like me, I'm over 65. Are there any problems for us geezers getting eye surgery? Is anyone here that old?

Outnumbered
11-10-2003, 04:00 PM
My eye doctor just talked to me about this. He said the $4,000 job is a better proceedure than the $1,000. Has to do with the technique and equipment etc. Better success rate and less complications. I would'nt cut corners. I would spend the $4k. Just do a lot of homework and make sure you are getting the newest and best proceedure. Apparently, the new proceedure cuts down or eliminates the night vistion issues that Spectra Toad was talkng about.
OL

TrojanDan
11-12-2003, 11:12 AM
Best thing since sliced bread. Had it done in Dec '99 when it was about $1700 an eye at the "McDonald's Of Eye Surgery" (The Laser Eye Center). It's now about $500 an eye. I wouldn't really recommend them (the owner did recent jail time for Medi-Cal fraud, same dude who did my eyes). I was a -9.5 diopers (or whatever that term is), 20/400 vision, with bad astigmatism and large pupils (which causes the night vision problems). Needless to say I was not a great candidate but after wearing glasses since the 4th grade, I said F' it. I now have 20/15-20 natural daylight vision but don't be around me driving at night! I have those halo and starburst affects from lights. I'll probably get a touch-up to fix my night vision. At least it gets me out of driving home at night from the river! :cool:

ROZ
11-12-2003, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by TrojanDan
I now have 20/15-20 natural daylight vision but don't be around me driving at night! I have those halo and starburst affects from lights. I'll probably get a touch-up to fix my night vision. At least it gets me out of driving home at night from the river! :cool:
And to think you were the guy on the bow leading us into the midnight after op6 :D