PDA

View Full Version : The Veteran

hot_diggity_dog
11-11-2003, 08:46 AM
Most of us have seen part or all of this but it is a good reminder of just who we need to be thankful of.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/55vet1.bmp
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/55vet.bmp
It is the VETERAN, not the preacher, who has given us freedom of religion.
It is the VETERAN, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press.
It is the VETERAN, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech.
It is the VETERAN, not the campus organizer, who has given us freedom to assemble.
It is the VETERAN, not the lawyer, who has given us the right to a fair trial.
It is the VETERAN, not the politician, who has given us the right to vote.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/55vet4.bmp
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/55vet2.bmp
Who serves under the flag,
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/55vet3.bmp
ETERNAL REST GRANT THEM O LORD, AND LET PERPETUAL LIGHT SHINE UPON THEM.
I don't know if you saw this in the news but it really impressed me.
Funny, our US Senate/House took 2 days off as they couldn't work.
On the ABC evening news, it was reported that, because of the dangers from Hurricane Isabelle approaching Washington, DC, the military members assigned the duty of guarding the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier were given permission to suspend the assignment.
They refused. "No way, Sir!"
Soaked to the skin, marching in the pelting rain of a tropical storm, they said that guarding the Tomb was not just an assignment, it was the highest honor that can be afforded to a serviceperson.
The tomb has been patrolled continuously, 24/7, since 1930.
I don't usually suggest that many emails be forwarded, but I'd be DAMN proud if this one reached as many as possible.
We can be very proud of our young men and women in the service no matter where they serve.
God Bless them.
HDD:cool:

BUSTI
11-11-2003, 09:42 AM
HD I am proud to be your fellow boater! Thanks for starting this thread!
This holiday is routinely passed over by most Americans and I find it a crying shame. Veterans of this country especially those that have made the greatest sacrafice an American can make for their country, is why we are able to enjoy the freedoms we have today in this great country.
As I have said before on these boards personal courage is the rarest personal trait of all human characteristics. Everybody has common traits of generousity, anger, competitiveness, happimess, selfishness, witt, humor, ect., ect., however personal courage in the face of mortal danger is the rarest trait of all. To actually put your life on the line for innocents is the ultimate act of personal courage. Not in self defense however self defense is a great motivator, but to actually die for your countryman or die in the defense of the freedom of others less fortunate than Americans ,eg Europe and other countries of the world, is the greatest act of personal courage a soldier can exhibit. Not only is this trait rare but the circumstances that allow you to demonstrate that you have personal courage rarely do they present themselves with the opportunity for the regular person to exhibit it.
US soldiers have demonstrated their personal courage more often than anyother group of people on the face of the planet in the worlds entire history. More Americans have died saving and protecting the freedom of others more than any other country! We should all remind the rest of the world and many in this country as well, that with out the American Veteran this world would be a much different place.
THANK YOU VETERANS FOR THOSE OF YOU LIVING I SALUTE YOU AND FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT HAVE DEMONSTRATED THE GREATEST ACT OF PERSONAL COURAGE I PRAY FOR YOU AND THAT REST IN PEACE AND GRATITTUDE!!!!!!!!!!
GOD BLESS THE AMERICAN VETERAN!

Her454
11-11-2003, 09:52 AM
That was awsome. Actually brought tears to my eyes.
Thanks HDD.

Hustler
11-11-2003, 09:55 AM
Very Cool HDD, A great way to start out this day.

hot_diggity_dog
11-11-2003, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by BUSTI
HD I am proud to be your fellow boater! Thanks for starting this thread!
This holiday is routinely passed over by most Americans and I find it a crying shame. Veterans of this country especially those that have made the greatest sacrafice an American can make for their country, is why we are able to enjoy the freedoms we have today in this great country.
As I have said before on these boards personal courage is the rarest personal trait of all human characteristics. Everybody has common traits of generousity, anger, competitiveness, happimess, selfishness, witt, humor, ect., ect., however personal courage in the face of mortal danger is the rarest trait of all. To actually put your life on the line for innocents is the ultimate act of personal courage. Not in self defense however self defense is a great motivator, but to actually die for your countryman or die in the defense of the freedom of others less fortunate than Americans ,eg Europe and other countries of the world, is the greatest act of personal courage a soldier can exhibit. Not only is this trait rare but the circumstances that allow you to demonstrate that you have personal courage rarely do they present themselves with the opportunity for the regular person to exhibit it.
US soldiers have demonstrated their personal courage more often than anyother group of people on the face of the planet in the worlds entire history. More Americans have died saving and protecting the freedom of others more than any other country! We should all remind the rest of the world and many in this country as well, that with out the American Veteran this world would be a much different place.
THANK YOU VETERANS FOR THOSE OF YOU LIVING I SALUTE YOU AND FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT HAVE DEMONSTRATED THE GREATEST ACT OF PERSONAL COURAGE I PRAY FOR YOU AND THAT REST IN PEACE AND GRATITTUDE!!!!!!!!!!
GOD BLESS THE AMERICAN VETERAN!
Busti,
I'm thankful I live in a country that has so many great people willing to die for us, to have a better life.
My dad is a veteran and served in Korea and Vietnam.
He currently drives Veterans from all parts like bullhead, Parker, & Havasu, to recieve their medical treatment in Phoenix. He does this as a volunteer.
God bless the Veterans!
A photo for our Veterans on their special day from HDD
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/55AllAmerican.gif

Sea Esta
11-11-2003, 10:16 AM
Thanks HDD. I have posted on another board to keep this going....Thanks again.

rrrr
11-11-2003, 10:41 AM
My thanks to all that served, and to those that continue to protect our country.
http://www.navy.mil/homepages/cvn68/Index/fairwinds2.jpg
On the Edge of Danger
"Most of us, most of the time, live in blissful ignorance of what a small, elite, heroic group of Americans are doing for us night and day. As we speak, all over the globe, American Sailors and submariners and aviators are doing something very dangerous. People say, 'Well, it can't be too dangerous because there are no wrecks.' But the reason we don't have more accidents is that these are superb professionals; the fact that they master the dangers does not mean that the dangers aren't real.
" Right now, somewhere around the world, young men (and women) are landing high-performance jet aircraft on the pitching decks of aircraft carriers -- at night! You can't pay people to do that; they do it out of love of country, of adventure, of the challenge. We all benefit from it, and from the very fact that we don't have to think about it tells you how superbly they're doing their job -- living on the edge of danger so the rest of us need not think about, let alone experience, danger. "
--George Will
"Fair Winds and Following Seas -- Always"

summerlove
11-11-2003, 10:51 AM
Nice Job HDD...Appropriate.

Hot H20 Babe
11-11-2003, 11:56 AM
this is very nice

Blown 472
11-11-2003, 11:57 AM
Thanks to the vets.

Hot H20 Babe
11-11-2003, 11:58 AM
Hi Blown 472. :)

Blown 472
11-11-2003, 12:03 PM
Howdy.

MagicMtnDan
11-11-2003, 12:18 PM
God Bless America and the men and women who have served this country in the efforts to win and keep it free.
Without their courage and unselfish sacrifice we would be just like all the other lousy countries in the world.
Thank you to every veteran for your gift to us!

Lakeshow
11-11-2003, 12:20 PM
Right On Folks - GOD BLESS AMERICA AND THOSE THAT HAVE SERVED HER!!!

titmouse
11-11-2003, 02:01 PM
Happy Verterans Days in the USA and Rememberance Day in Canada.
A lifetime of thanks to the veterans of North America.

beached 1
11-11-2003, 04:57 PM
Very cool.
Going to see my dad tonight at the VA hospital. This day means a lot to me.

fourspeednup
11-11-2003, 08:29 PM
Just got off the phone with my Grandpa, thanks for posting

j-rod
11-11-2003, 08:36 PM
Nice touch HDD, You're top notch, More American than 3/4 the people who live in this country I served my country so we all can
BE AMERICANS so we can wear pink wigs, eat fish tacos and hang out at the sand bar (you couldn't do any where else in the world) Thanx for the post .See you at the "Festival of Lights"

MRS FLYIN VEE
11-11-2003, 09:09 PM
thanks for the thread it is awesome to see people like you and everyone else here. also thank you to all the vets on the boards and in this wonderful country. WE WILL NEVER FORGET. and neither should you. GOD BLESS ALL OF US. :) :)

hot_diggity_dog
05-16-2004, 06:38 AM
Never can have enough reminders
HDD:cool:

hot_diggity_dog
11-11-2004, 08:41 PM
To all who serve :smile:
Thank You!! :smile:
HDD :cool:

switchin'addiction
11-11-2004, 08:53 PM
I have never seen that, very touching. Thanks for posting, I too have posted an another forum to keep it going.

mbrown2
11-11-2004, 09:02 PM
May god grant strength to those who serve us,
May god look over those who served us,
May god bless those who gave their lives for our freedoms.

BarryMac
11-11-2004, 09:20 PM
Thanks HDD, these are the things that help us remember...

Back Forty
11-11-2004, 09:41 PM
The veteran...
Thanks for this post.
It is almost impossible to convey in writing what our true veterans had to go through to be a guiding light today. Some might say that they weren't deserving... I respect them the most...

hot_diggity_dog
11-12-2004, 02:10 PM
Hdd :d