PDA

View Full Version : Took My Own Advice

LUVNLIFE
11-11-2003, 06:38 PM
From time to time people post on here that they need or would like a new job or are starting a new job. I usually post that sometimes you need to change lanes to get ahead. Well after thirteen years with the same company, I didn't know anything about the industry when I started and they trained me and now I'm a foreman for them, I gave them a weeks notice that I was leaving. I am totally OK ,comfortable and confident with my decision. See they were downsizing and I'm not ready to be downsized, so I beat them to the punch. I got the same package at my new place, just a tad greener if you know what I mean. It felt good to use my own advice.:D :D :D :D

Ziggy
11-11-2003, 06:43 PM
Good luck in your new position.

Kilrtoy
11-11-2003, 06:47 PM
Good luck,
But you should also leave the raiders behind with the old company......

TheLurker
11-11-2003, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
Good luck,
Hope you enjoy the new company LUVNLIFE.
Kilrtor the pic on your signature was better when it was larger. Now I have to squint too hard but i'll keep doing it:)

beached 1
11-11-2003, 06:57 PM
Very ballzee. Good luck man.

JetBoatRich
11-11-2003, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
Good luck,
LMAO
Good luck Cale, We talked about your move and just like your last job I am sure you will be successful;)

Dr. Eagle
11-11-2003, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by beached 1
Very ballzee. Good luck man.
Sounds kind of arrogant, and I do not mean it in that way...but I always had a theory that the good people don't wait to be downsized...they create their own destiny. I have been in that situation at least three times and I always found a new opportunity before the hammer fell.
Congrats... you made the right move!:D

beached 1
11-11-2003, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
Sounds kind of arrogant, and I do not mean it in that way...but I always had a theory that the good people don't wait to be downsized...they create their own destiny. I have been in that situation at least three times and I always found a new opportunity before the hammer fell.
Congrats... you made the right move!:D
I disagree. He stated that he worked his way up and was trained on the job so to speak. now he's throwing a little caution to wind and trying something new. I think takes a little back bone to do that IMO.
I recently did soemthing very similar and didn't know what to expect. It can be scary.

Dr. Eagle
11-11-2003, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by beached 1
I disagree. He stated that he worked his way up and was trained on the job so to speak. now he's throwing a little caution to wind and trying something new. I think takes a little back bone to do that IMO.
I recently did soemthing very similar and didn't know what to expect. It can be scary.
I think you missed my point. I think it is damn gutsy too...
Point is that he is and was a valuable employee where he was working that for whatever reason did not feel so secure. Always best IMO to make a move if you feel like you are threatened. Sorry, didn't mean anything negative...only props!!
In fact to continue, in each case with me it felt like walking on a knife edge, could have gone either way. Luckily it worked out for me...and I am sure it will for him as well.

JetBoatRich
11-11-2003, 07:26 PM
You have to do what is best for you and the family,. When it comes down to it, the boss most likely will not sacrifice his job for yours. With the need to take care of the family and worried about work day to day, no doubt you did the right thing.

Dr. Eagle
11-11-2003, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by JetBoatRich
You have to do what is best for you and the family,. When it comes down to it, the boss most likely will not sacrifice his job for yours. With the need to take care of the family and worried about work day to day, no doubt you did the right thing.
Thanks Rich, kind what I thought I was saying...tough to make a choice like that after being in a job and with a company for a long time.

beached 1
11-11-2003, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
I think you missed my point. I think it is damn gutsy too...
Point is that he is and was a valuable employee where he was working that for whatever reason did not feel so secure. Always best IMO to make a move if you feel like you are threatened. Sorry, didn't mean anything negative...only props!!
In fact to continue, in each case with me it felt like walking on a knife edge, could have gone either way. Luckily it worked out for me...and I am sure it will for him as well.
got it. Sorry for the confusion.
:)

LUVNLIFE
11-11-2003, 07:39 PM
Thanks guys. That's a good way to put it "Walking on a knife edge" because I never felt that my job was in danger right now but I didn't want to be there when the house of cards fell. Damn I never had to even look for a job then I had to find a new home.

Jetdriver
11-11-2003, 08:04 PM
Cale good job and good luck!

MRS FLYIN VEE
11-11-2003, 08:10 PM
Good luck to you in the new job. Don't you love your own advise. it always works out your way. :D

JetBoatRich
11-11-2003, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by LUVNLIFE
Thanks guys. That's a good way to put it "Walking on a knife edge" because I never felt that my job was in danger right now but I didn't want to be there when the house of cards fell. Damn I never had to even look for a job then I had to find a new home.
any openings:D

SDLifesaver
11-12-2003, 06:52 AM
I did the same thing 7 months ago. A little different circumstances but I did not let the outside voices talk me into staying where I was at and now I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much happier, and hey a little greener pastures too. Good luck. Nick

MagicMtnDan
11-12-2003, 07:02 AM
Congratulations and good luck!
It's always better to be proactive than reactive. Better that you make your move before the company makes its move.
You're responsible for taking care of yourself and your family and its your career - you did the right thing. Best of luck!

Keithb87
11-12-2003, 07:08 AM
Good Luck and Congrats ! :D

TOBTEK
11-12-2003, 07:51 AM
Good luck with your move. It takes GUTS to create change, I believe most people are creatures of habit and are afraid or just plain to lazy to make a change. You also have another advantage...A great lady behind you! Best of luck with your new position.
PS: IF it doesn't work out you can be distrubutor for "CART-TEK" by "TOBTEK":D :D

AZKC
11-12-2003, 08:51 AM
At a boy. Movin out and up $$$$ :D
Good Luck
KC

MsDrmr
11-12-2003, 09:24 AM
Good luck, I just changed jobs a few weeks ago and it was the best thing I ever did. I wish you the best of success in your move forward. Keep us posted

Froggystyle
11-12-2003, 10:31 AM
Not to mention, your confidence level and ego is a lot more intact when you go looking for a BETTER job when you currently have one. Hiring personnel can sense desperation, and having a little swagger in your step when looking is never a bad thing. You don't need the new job, you are just considering it.
My opinion of course. Congrats on the new employment!

dimarcobros
11-12-2003, 10:33 AM
That is great, best of luck.
DMB

Stupid Fast
11-12-2003, 02:02 PM
I went through the exact sme thing in april. So Far so good. I ended up with more money and less Responsibility.
Good luck.

LUVNLIFE
11-12-2003, 08:52 PM
Thanks again guys. It's nice to read all your posts. Lights that fire under my ass. My new company called me today and gave me the lowdown on my first job for them. It sounds sweet and I'm ready to kick it in the ass.:cool: :wink:

MRS FLYIN VEE
11-12-2003, 08:53 PM
kick it in the junk for me too. :D good luck.

JetBoatRich
11-12-2003, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by LUVNLIFE
Thanks again guys. It's nice to read all your posts. Lights that fire under my ass. My new company called me today and gave me the lowdown on my first job for them. It sounds sweet and I'm ready to kick it in the ass.:cool: :wink:
Good hear, Dad (HalletDave)will be so proud:D