PDA

View Full Version : neighbors' dam dog.....

lilrick
11-11-2003, 08:17 PM
.....keeps howling and barking all night !!!!!!!!!!!! I've pulled some crabby old man maneuvers and called animal control .They said they'd send out a post card . It just pisses me off because the neighbors ARE home but pay no attention to this puppy ! It's also tied to a six foot rope. What the hell should i do ? I need some EFFIN sleep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kilrtoy
11-11-2003, 08:22 PM
cut the rope
why do they tie it up
is it bad and chewing on everything

Cheap Thrills
11-11-2003, 08:23 PM
maybe a long shot here , but have you tried talking to your neighbors?
put a small fan on your nightstand and turn it on hi the constant sound will help you sleep atleast it works for me .
the only two legal ways I can think of at the moment .
C.T. :wink:

Larry Nebb
11-11-2003, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
cut the rope
why do they tie it up
is it bad and chewing on everything
When puppies chew they are not being bad. That is something that they have to do when their chompers are comming in. It's the owners that are bad for not giving the pup something to chew on.
They should kennel train the dog. Not tie it up. If you want I can come over and put the smack down on the owners for you.
I am sorry but bad pet owners get me upset very fast!

lilrick
11-11-2003, 08:30 PM
cheap thrills, they no speaky ingles!!!

lilrick
11-11-2003, 08:32 PM
hay larry, i think these people should have this dog taken away because it doesn't even have water!!!!!!!!!!

JetBoatRich
11-11-2003, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by lilrick
hay larry, i think these people should have this dog taken away because it doesn't even have water!!!!!!!!!!
maybe that is why it is barking, until it can't no more. Pretty much BS the way they are treating the dog:(

lilrick
11-11-2003, 08:35 PM
dogs are cool.......some owners just suck!

Rexone
11-11-2003, 08:37 PM
There are few things that piss me off more than people who get dogs and then don't care for them properly or pay attention to them. :mad: :mad: Did I mention that this makes me mad? :mad: :mad:
Let the dog loose and tie the owner up to the rope by the neck.
friggin morons. :mad: :mad:

460rogers
11-11-2003, 08:42 PM
Buy it some rawhide chews worked for my neighbors barking pup.

MRS FLYIN VEE
11-11-2003, 08:56 PM
have you tried maybe throwing him some kind of chew toy. i know it isn't your dog but maybe it will help the barking and keep it occupied. just my 2 cents. :D

Cheap Thrills
11-11-2003, 08:56 PM
NO WATER ?:eek: well that's a crime itself , the humain society here would press charges on a person neglecting to care for their pet .
ease over there with some puppy chow and a bucket of water and a sharp knife to cut him loose with .. poor puppy . :(
C.T. :wink:

StealBlueZ
11-11-2003, 09:16 PM
If the dog is not taken care of, you need to step up, for the pup. Talk to the pup thru the fence, be his friend and call animal control. He'll thank you for it. I did the same thing a while back, and I know now that the pup was taken care of. Afterwards I felt good about it. You will too!!!:)

hislittleho
11-11-2003, 11:49 PM
Look .. I say screw animal control. I myself knew a person who never feed or spent time with his pets. When I called animal control for a "welfare look" at the poor dogs, They said I need to come in to complete a complaint form. I am sorry but animal control needs to do the job. I would not cut this puppy free to run
around town. ... I would cut the puppy free, put him in my car, take him to the closest animal shelter (after closing time) and
tie him to thier front door.....They will take good care of him.
It will work...I know ..I at one time I had found a mama dog and her pups, with no home. I took them to a shelter and they asked for $10.00 each animal . I advised them they were found with no home....That night mama and her babies were placed (safely) over thier fence. No cost to me. Just a nice reward to know they were being fed and they were safe.:D

honkey1
11-12-2003, 01:19 AM
What everyone says about taking care of the dog I would and have done. Dogs deserve better on another note. Go get a paint ball gun and pop the neighbors in the ass every time you see them. When they ask( yo quero taco bell)or what ever just point to the cut dog rope. They will get the point

HavasuDreamin'
11-12-2003, 06:42 AM
Could be worse. New neighbors just move in with their pitbull. So I give them the benefit of the doubt initially. Wrong! Thugs kept the dog chained up (yes with a chain and padlock around his neck) outside for the first few nights. All day, and all night. No grass in the back yard. The dog was in the mud. Then they built a 10' by about 6' kennel for the dog and put him in their driveway. Blatent violation of the community covenants. No one pays attention to the dog. The dog gets no time with human contact. The dog has been outside now for more than a week. It has dipped into the 20's a few times at night as well as been rainy.
And people wonder why these dogs are sooooo mean? :rolleyes: :mad:

Keithb87
11-12-2003, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by Rexone
Let the dog loose and tie the owner up to the rope by the neck.
friggin morons. :mad: :mad:
I argee with Rexone. :mad:
:burningm: TIE UP THE OWNER :burningm:

HOSS
11-12-2003, 07:30 AM
Go give the gog some water. Preferrably in a bucket as to not knock it over. Then go to the front door tell then neighbors that you gave the dog water and if you ever see it without water again you will kick his ass. Worked for an inlaw when I did it to him. Or just go kick the shitout of him then take the dog.

hd&boatrider
11-12-2003, 09:18 AM
.....keeps howling and barking all night !!!!!!!!!!!! I've pulled some crabby old man maneuvers and called animal control .They said they'd send out a post card . It just pisses me off because the neighbors ARE home but pay no attention to this puppy ! It's also tied to a six foot rope. What the hell should i do ? I need some EFFIN sleep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do what I do. Write a note to them or talk directly to them. I have written notes because I never see the people at a time I could address it. Let them know that if they don't take care of the problem you will. Make sure you sign your name and put your phone number on the paper. I have done this on a couple of occasions with neighbors and it works. If they want to become aggressive then you can deal with that also. Don't puss out and do it anonomously.....

jackpunx
11-12-2003, 09:36 AM
Plan ahead.. go to the local dog grooming store... And tell them that there is a dog/puppy being miss treated.. but you cant keep him.. ask them if they can find it a home.. .. My aunt used to call me every night to come and hop the wall to feed her neighbors dog.. We finally took it.. Pretty hard to get a 90lb pit over a wall..
Unfortunately.. the people will get another one.. :mad:
so you do it again.. They will eventually say something to you.. You can reply with .. I’m not sure what happened to your dog... But it sounds like someone gave it the attention it needed... Good luck finding your dog...

jackpunx
11-12-2003, 09:39 AM
If you do the legg work with the pet shop.. Im sure that some of us would step up to help you ... Or just sit Hoss on the porch with a case of beer.. and see what happes:D

HalletDave
11-12-2003, 09:52 AM
lilrick,
I went through this ordeal a few years ago with my neighbor from HELL.
Document all the times that the dog is barking and disturbing your sleep. Call animal control every time this happens.
Eventually animal control will forward the complaints to the District Attourneys office and an order will go out to the owners to get this problem taken care of.
In my situation the dog owner and myself actually met with a representative from the D.A. My neighbor was told to take care of the problem immediately. Any further incidents will result in a fine.
Any questions, feel free to give me a call at home. My # is in my profile.
Or call the District Attourneys office at your local county court house and explain your situation.
It took a while but believe me, it was very well worth my time and effort.
Good luck
Hallett (keeping his neighbors in line) Dave ;) :D

Bad Meds
11-12-2003, 10:10 AM
Jump the fence and take the dog away from them!!!! People like you are describing shouldn't have pets!
What kind of pup is it ?
Drive him/her up north and I could find a good home !

gnarley
11-12-2003, 10:17 AM
cheap thrills, they no speaky ingles!!!
Then they probably don't know about laws in the city or state. If you take the dog they will just get another one until someone turns then in for animal cruelty. Don't get directly involved & end up in court for smacking them upside the head or for trespassing! just report it to the Humane society for cruelty to animals! They will intervene in your behalf & teach the owners what is needed if they want to own a pet in the USofA

THE VIKING
11-12-2003, 11:33 AM
Well, i say Sell the mutt to a thai restaurant, and use the money to buy beer and condoms.:cool: :cool:
And if you get a fair price for the mutt, wich we have now named "dinner", you can even buy a bitch to go with the condoms!!!!
"dinner" will suffer no more, and you will get drunk and layed, who's unhappy now, huh??????
And then maybe if your'e lucky THE MORON WILL BUY A NEW DOG!!!, meaning more of the above.
Damn i am clever.
The viking.

HOSS
11-12-2003, 01:35 PM
On second thought,,,,just go kick his ass. Just for the hell of it. And when/if he asks why you drilled him in the forehead and the temple just reply, "`cause I can".

bronco88
11-12-2003, 01:48 PM
Saw a news show about this recently.
If it is non-stop, record it and time it(your up anyway ;) ).
check with your local city shelter and find out what the laws are on this kind of thing and you may find out that non-stop activity like this can be ticketed.
this way you establish a paper trail of what you are doing to stop it.
If there are no laws concerning this, consider contacting a councilman to get one made up.

jackpunx
11-12-2003, 02:06 PM
Yea.. and while your doing this.. Just get your sleep at work.. So this dog has time to grow up and be put to sleep because it is mean from lack of attention.. You might as well shoot it now …As far as letting the city/law fix it .. It might be the right thing to do. Personally.. I think not.
Also.. Maybe I missed it.. But.. Have you talked to these people?
If so with no responce.. Take the dog and find a home for it

THE VIKING
11-12-2003, 08:38 PM
Hey Hoss, i hear they are looking for judges in Iraq, it seems you are Qualified:D
Cause i can, good one:D , what else.
The viking