PDA

View Full Version : christmas lights

NorCal Gameshow
11-12-2003, 08:05 AM
someone has put their lights up already in the neigborhood...WTF...
:confused:
when do you put yours up ?? i usually do mine thanksgiving weekend.

titmouse
11-12-2003, 08:09 AM
I leave mine up all year round. That way, all I have to do is turn on the switch, and voila!
:D

JetBoatRich
11-12-2003, 08:15 AM
Pretty much traditional weekend after Thanksgiving and take them down right after New Year.
We have seen a few going up the last couple weeks, to each there own.

NorCal Gameshow
11-12-2003, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by titmouse
I leave mine up all year round. That way, all I have to do is turn on the switch, and voila!
:D
NICE:D :D maybe that's what he did and just hit the wrong switch last night...
there's a guy in simi that has a huge lit up chevy bow tie in lights on his house :cool:

anxious
11-12-2003, 08:31 AM
there's a guy in simi that has a huge lit up chevy bow tie in lights on his house :cool: [/B][/QUOTE]
:rolleyes: :D :) :cool: :sqsmile: :)

Dr. Eagle
11-12-2003, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by anxious
there's a guy in simi that has a huge lit up chevy bow tie in lights on his house :cool:
:rolleyes: :D :) :cool: :sqsmile: :) [/B][/QUOTE] \
Well, er um uh, not exactly... I did a Go Kings sign out of purple lights...can't find the friggin picture though...but here is the house...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1152Christmas_01e-med.JPG
And we are starting this week. It will be done just around the first week of Dec.http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1152Christmas_01d-med.JPG

JetBoatRich
11-12-2003, 11:55 AM
Nice job Dr.Eagle, takes me a couple days to get all the stuff up and around the house:)

Dr. Eagle
11-12-2003, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by JetBoatRich
Nice job Dr.Eagle, takes me a couple days to get all the stuff up and around the house:)
Actually looking at those pics again, we were not done yet. It usually takes about 3 weeks of an hour here and an hour there. We don't turn em on (except to check the connections) until almost finished. It takes 8 20 amp circuits maxed out to power this display...I am constantly having to re set breakers until we get the load balanced.
I really don't know what started this nonsense, but it kind of took on a life of its own with the wife and kids...:confused:

JetBoatRich
11-12-2003, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
Actually looking at those pics again, we were not done yet. It usually takes about 3 weeks of an hour here and an hour there. We don't turn em on (except to check the connections) until almost finished. It takes 8 20 amp circuits maxed out to power this display...I am constantly having to re set breakers until we get the load balanced.
I really don't know what started this nonsense, but it kind of took on a life of its own with the wife and kids...:confused:
Same thing here, my wife and i have been together for 18 years, you really start collect items and each year you have to have at least one addition:D