PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only Pigeon

Thunderbutt
11-12-2003, 10:43 AM
Has anyone else bought a trailer connection from JetConnex, or am I the only sucker. For six feet of coiled four wire cord and a plug connector at the trailer, no connector on the other end. = $68.98. I thought it was going to be $46.00. So I will send it back.

miller19j
11-12-2003, 10:58 AM
I thought the same thing so I made my own for about 10 bucks. I can’t imagine how they can justify charging so much!

Thunderbutt
11-12-2003, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by miller19j
I thought the same thing so I made my own for about 10 bucks. I can’t imagine how they can justify charging so much!
Finding the coiled wire is the trick, I looked all over. I even though $46.00 was too much, but you know how us boat people are. Where did you find the coiled cord

AZKC
11-12-2003, 02:27 PM
Yeah, what TB said where'd ya get it? And they got any colors? Com'on Miller spill it:D
KC

jbtrailerjim
11-12-2003, 03:13 PM
Thats a freakin rip off. My cost is around $20.00 for a coiled 7-way cord for a semi truck from my suppliers at my shop.

ROBINHOOD
11-12-2003, 03:49 PM
Call me an idot but 1 bought one and by the time it got to my door with the duty/exchange rate/f@#k you taxes it cost me 103.60. Ask me how happy I was....

miller19j
11-12-2003, 03:50 PM
I did mine a little different. I didn’t use coiled wire, I used some Oloflex (I think that’s the name) wire that we had here at work. It was designed to be used in robotic applications that get a lot of motion. It also has a lot of insulation on it so it can take a lot of abuse.
I can take a picture of it if you would like

miller19j
11-12-2003, 03:57 PM
Here is some coiled cable it only has 4 conductors. It would work for some trailer set ups but not all. I like my straight cable myself.
Retractile Cable (http://www.newark.com/NewarkWebCommerce/newark/en_US/support/catalog/productDetail.jsp?id=36F1248)

Steamin' Rice
11-12-2003, 05:17 PM
I bought a Jet-connex harness last spring and I have been happy with it. I think I paid around $50 or so total and it was worth it to me.

Faster Daddy
11-12-2003, 11:04 PM
One of my dogs loves to chew on wires, sprinkler controls, trailer, etc..
Bought a jetconnex so that I could remove it from the trailer and never had a problem! Had to replace the harness on my boat 5 times, sea doo trailer 3 times and utility trailer 3 times! The jet connex seemed to be a bargain at the price.

Thunderbutt
11-13-2003, 07:37 AM
I did mine a little different. I didn’t use coiled wire, I used some Oloflex (I think that’s the name) wire that we had here at work. It was designed to be used in robotic applications that get a lot of motion. It also has a lot of insulation on it so it can take a lot of abuse.
I can take a picture of it if you would like
Miller19j, Let's see the picture. Thanks for the web site, buying there cable would be cheaper, and there is enough cable to make two connections.

miller19j
11-13-2003, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by Thunderbutt
Miller19j, Let's see the picture. Thanks for the web site, buying there cable would be cheaper, and there is enough cable to make two connections. I’ll take one tonight. I was just looking at that cable that I posted a link for. It says the extended length is 12 feet. That must have some pretty big coils!
Last night when I got home I had the new overton’s catalog waiting for me in the mail. When I opened it up it happened to open to the page that had the jet connex connector on it (funny coincidence huh!). They are listing it at $44.95 part number 70652 or 70653.

Thunderbutt
11-13-2003, 09:27 AM
I’ll take one tonight. I was just looking at that cable that I posted a link for. It says the extended length is 12 feet. That must have some pretty big coils!
Last night when I got home I had the new overton’s catalog waiting for me in the mail. When I opened it up it happened to open to the page that had the jet connex connector on it (funny coincidence huh!). They are listing it at $44.95 part number 70652 or 70653.
That is what I thought it was, and I told them I had the connector for the vehicle so I would get a credit. When I received the material the invoice in the package didn't have an amount on it so I called them, that is when they told me it would be $78.48.

Essex502
11-13-2003, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by ROBINHOOD
Call me an idot but 1 bought one and by the time it got to my door with the duty/exchange rate/f@#k you taxes it cost me 103.60. Ask me how happy I was....
If that is Canadian Dollars you got a bargain! What...$29.99????:D

jbtrailerjim
11-13-2003, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Faster Daddy
One of my dogs loves to chew on wires, sprinkler controls, trailer, etc..
Bought a jetconnex so that I could remove it from the trailer and never had a problem! Had to replace the harness on my boat 5 times, sea doo trailer 3 times and utility trailer 3 times! The jet connex seemed to be a bargain at the price.
I think I would have killed the dog if it was mine.

Dr. Eagle
11-13-2003, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Thunderbutt
Finding the coiled wire is the trick, I looked all over. I even though $46.00 was too much, but you know how us boat people are. Where did you find the coiled cord
Finding 4 or 5 conductor coiled wire is a trick...

Dr. Eagle
11-13-2003, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by jbtrailerjim
You said it...I was thinking it...:rolleyes:

Faster Daddy
11-13-2003, 11:42 PM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No shit, belive me I wanted to on many ocasions! Wife and kids would never forgive me. So I just try to be smarter than the dog. At this point the dog has me trained pretty good as I continue to pick up all the shit it finds to chew on. I can't even yell at the dog any more cause if I just look at her wrong she will yelp like I've been beating her and the wife gets pissed. Smart dog! :mad: :rolleyes:

miller19j
11-14-2003, 08:13 AM
Here is the one I made. It is not connected to the truck but you get the idea. I just give it a few turns and plug it in. When I put the boat away I disconnect is and coil it up so its not dangling there getting destroyed. It works pretty good for me.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/2/147trailerconn-med.jpg

phebus
11-14-2003, 08:17 AM
miller19j, that boat looks it it just fits in that garage. Hopefully there is room behind it, or it must have been nervous time the first time you closed the garage door.

miller19j
11-14-2003, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by phebus
miller19j, that boat looks it it just fits in that garage. Hopefully there is room behind it, or it must have been nervous time the first time you closed the garage door. Its really tight you if I put on any more weight I wouldn’t be able to fit behind it. I actually wanted to get a 21 foot daycruiser but there is no chance of it fitting in my garage so I ended up with a 19 foot jet boat with an engine cover. So its slow and small ;)

Thunderbutt
11-15-2003, 07:05 AM
Miller19j,
Thanks for the picture, that's what I'm going to do and save $70.00.

hellbound
11-17-2003, 06:45 PM
plug in the extention cord and throw it in the yard