PDA

View Full Version : D&S

78Eliminator
11-12-2003, 01:27 PM
I just dropped my Schiada off at D&S. A lot of folks were either steering me away or neutral on my choosing them to do the work. Bottom line is that the work I have seen was top notch and visually stunning. Anyway, I am here to report what happens with them. Sal seems like a really nice guy. I can't wait till it's done. My Schiada is going to look like a new boat!

Blown 472
11-12-2003, 01:29 PM
what colors you doing?

78Eliminator
11-12-2003, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Blown 472
what colors you doing?
Just the basic, normal thing. Grey carpet, white upolstery with white grey and green stripes.

mirvin
11-12-2003, 01:35 PM
Sweet. Got some specs on the Schiada- year , model , etc. I would ask for pics but it seems like maybe you want to wait til she's all tits!!
Mirv:p

78Eliminator
11-12-2003, 01:38 PM
It's a 75 19' four stringer jet with a 454 .030 over. It's just a mild, booze cruiser boat. But, I was out driving it last weekend and it only pulls about 4500 RPMs. I think I could get it on the bottle and get another 500 out of her with the peanut heads.....

rvrtoy
11-12-2003, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by 78Eliminator
I just dropped my Schiada off at D&S. A lot of folks were either steering me away or neutral on my choosing them to do the work. Bottom line is that the work I have seen was top notch and visually stunning. Anyway, I am here to report what happens with them. Sal seems like a really nice guy. I can't wait till it's done. My Schiada is going to look like a new boat!
How long did Sal quote you for the entire job to be completed?

78Eliminator
11-12-2003, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by rvrtoy
2-3 weeks

Hustler
11-12-2003, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by rvrtoy
What ever he quoted will be at least double.
Justin, hopefully you will have a boat for next summer the way Sal works.

mirvin
11-12-2003, 01:46 PM
It's a 75 19' four stringer jet with a 454 .030 over. It's just a mild, booze cruiser boat. But, I was out driving it last weekend and it only pulls about 4500 RPMs. I think I could get it on the bottle and get another 500 out of her with the peanut heads.....
Sounds pretty nice. I now see why you're selling your Daytona. You lost me on the peanut heads thing. Is that like Charlie Brown or something?
I'm interested in D&S also. My Crusader needs a whole new threading too. Keep us posted.
Mirv;)

rvrtoy
11-12-2003, 01:48 PM
2-3 weeks
I'm sure you will have your boat done by summer. From my experience with Sal I would say you should bank on 6 to 8 weeks. He does excellent work though. Good luck:rolleyes:

Hustler
11-12-2003, 01:50 PM
Mirvin, if your in the south bay area you should really think about using StitchCraft. I have seen the work they do on both cars and boats and it is flawless, I had D&S do some new carpet and kick panels in my boat and it took them forever not to mention it was'nt the carpet I wanted.

78Eliminator
11-12-2003, 01:51 PM
Yeah, I like it a lot. It's not going anywhere. I might throw in a real jet drive (it has a drake now) and a motor with more juice later. But for now, it's just a booze cruiser. I mean, I have missed two seasons because of boat issues. This one runs now and I am going to leave it the way it is!!!!!!!

Blown 472
11-12-2003, 01:53 PM
Chicks dig boats that run

78Eliminator
11-12-2003, 02:00 PM
Hustler, that is one hell of an avatar!

Hustler
11-12-2003, 02:02 PM
why thank you!:D

mirvin
11-12-2003, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Hustler
Mirvin, if your in the south bay area you should really think about using StitchCraft. I have seen the work they do on both cars and boats and it is flawless, I had D&S do some new carpet and kick panels in my boat and it took them forever not to mention it was'nt the carpet I wanted.
Hustler, I have seen the work stitchcraft does. Amazing. Problem is that I've left several messages starting in July and they've never gotten back to me.
Honestly I haven't been very assertive simply because anywhere I go, it's gonna be a big chunk of cash. Open bow, rear deck, most of which needs to be rebuilt. Everytime I get close to an upholsterer I clam up.
Mirv;)

jbtrailerjim
11-12-2003, 02:33 PM
D & S does awesome work. The interior in my new Ultra is bitchin. If you took it to El Cajon how fast you get it back will depend on how many boats he has to do for Ultra right now. I know Ultra's boats take priority over whatever else he has in the shop at the time. Good luck though. You will love the job they do on your boat.

78Eliminator
11-12-2003, 02:43 PM
He told me to bring it by cause he didn't have anything going.....