PDA

View Full Version : Raiders Take Another Hit

JetBoatRich
11-12-2003, 04:18 PM
ALAMEDA, Calif. -- Rich Gannon, last year's NFL MVP, will miss the rest of the season and have surgery on a torn labrum in his throwing shoulder.
The Oakland Raiders placed the quarterback on injured reserve Wednesday.
Gannon
The 37-year-old Gannon attempted to throw Tuesday for the first time since getting knocked out of Oakland's 17-10 loss to Kansas City on Oct. 20. He was able to raise his arm to throw, but couldn't release the ball, coach Bill Callahan said.
Gannon, a 16-year veteran, flew home to Minnesota on Wednesday to be examined by the same doctor who performed his shoulder surgery after his 1993 season with Washington. He missed all of the 1994 season and then was released by the Redskins.
Callahan wouldn't go as far as saying this is a career-ending injury.
"It's extremely tough to lose a player of this caliber," said Callahan, who hadn't yet told his team. "What he provides this team not only with his play, but his leadership and preparation, to have the MVP of the league miss almost half the season is disappointing. He feels bad. If there's anybody who wants to get back on the field, it's Rich Gannon."
Gannon was hurt in the first half against the Chiefs following two sacks by linebacker Shawn Barber and several other hard hits.
With backup Marques Tuiasosopo also out for the year with a knee injury, Rick Mirer will be the starter for the last seven games.
http://ak-sports.espn.go.com/f/1917/8668/6H/espn.go.com/i/nfl/profiles/players/statsid/s430.jpg

mirvin
11-12-2003, 04:22 PM
Um, who cares, it's hockey season:D

rvrtoy
11-12-2003, 04:22 PM
Rick Mirer....With this guy in, even my shitty Chargers will look like a playoff contender:rolleyes:

jbtrailerjim
11-12-2003, 04:24 PM
Man that really breaks my heart.:rolleyes: There ****ed now. They will be lucky if they win anymore games this season with Rick Mirer at quarterback. Ha Ha Ha Raider Nation.:D :D

rvrtoy
11-12-2003, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by jbtrailerjim
Man that really breaks my heart.:rolleyes: There ****ed now. They will be lucky if they win anymore games this season with Rick Mirer at quarterback. Ha Ha Ha Raider Nation.:D :D
I think you mean "Fader Nation":rolleyes:

SCUBA STEVE
11-12-2003, 04:29 PM
F-IT the season was done anyway.
They should make try to aquire Carson Palmer!!! :D
That would make me happy. Justin Fargas Starting tail back, Palmer starting qb, We'll draft defense this year, and get Mike williams in 2 years! :D

mirvin
11-12-2003, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by rvrtoy
I think you mean "Fader Nation":rolleyes:
careful, you're gonna piss off Kilr!!!:D

Mrs Luvnlife
11-12-2003, 04:34 PM
Uhhhhh........just a little information for all you....with a record of 2-7 do you really think it matters if they win another game this season? I would say they are ALREADY screwed. They're almost last place in their division, probably will be after this weekend. Just thought I'd fill ya in.

hd&boatrider
11-12-2003, 04:35 PM
Um, who cares, it's basketball season :)

rvrtoy
11-12-2003, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by mirvin
careful, you're gonna piss off Kilr!!!:D
OOH NNOO...not Kilr....Joke:D
Hey my team looks like shit too...but we were in the cellar last year also.:frown:

rvrtoy
11-12-2003, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Mrs Luvnlife
Uhhhhh........just a little information for all you....with a record of 2-7 do you really think it matters if they win another game this season? I would say they are ALREADY screwed. They're almost last place in their division, probably will be after this weekend. Just thought I'd fill ya in.
We are all aware of the "first to worst"season they are having. I just like to poke a little fun some times:D

Mrs Luvnlife
11-12-2003, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by beached 1
This Raider bashing is getting old..
seriously.
That's Rich, starting $hit again. :D I think they are trying to see if we are actually the 'violent, spitting, knifing, beer drinking' so-called nasty Raider fans. I qualify for the beer drinking, but the rest, NOT. ;)
BUT DON'T TEST ME!!!!!!!!:D

mirvin
11-12-2003, 05:03 PM
We're not all gang bangers, homies, vatoes or migrant workers.
Show some class.
:yuk:
Dude, that statement alone qualifies you as a bonefied member of the "Raider Nation"- Yes , the one that you think you don't belong too, the one that most people find distastefull.
M-shaking his head-irvin

JetBoatRich
11-12-2003, 05:09 PM
hey beached 1, you know it is all good. I just copied and pasted what I read on ESPN:rolleyes: To many of my friends are Raider fans, so we go back and forth 12 months out od the year. My neighbor directly across street and good friend, bleeds silver and black we also coach footbal together. So tonights practice, I am sure he will bring it up first. I have been hearing from him the last 5 weeks as we drop players to injuries and now drugs in their system.:yuk: :yuk:

Dr. Eagle
11-12-2003, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Mrs Luvnlife
That's Rich, starting $hit again.
Guys gotta go with his strengths....know what I mean??????

CA Stu
11-12-2003, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by SCUBA STEVE
They should make try to aquire Carson Palmer!!! :D
No way! I'm sure Ryan Leaf has some free time:)
Moo hoo haa haa haa!!
Maybe Al Davis said " Just stink, baby!":D
CA Stu <-- Always a Rams fan

Kilrtoy
11-12-2003, 05:46 PM
WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WHO DARES BASH THE RAIDERS AND NOT INVITE ME:eek: :D :D

Sandbar Junkies
11-12-2003, 05:50 PM
I will always be a Raider fan whether they end up 16 &0 or 0&16. Silver and Black rock.:yuk:

Sandbar Junkies
11-12-2003, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WHO DARES BASH THE RAIDERS AND NOT INVITE ME:eek: :D :D
Will some tell me how to remove Ky toy from my buddie list?:mad:

jbtrailerjim
11-12-2003, 05:54 PM
This Raider bashing is getting old..
seriously.
Well if it wil make you feel any better I am a Steeler fan and I won't take it personal if you want to make fun of there 3 - 6 record.:D
JB<--------Loves pokin fun at Raider fans

Kilrtoy
11-12-2003, 05:57 PM
Will some tell me how to remove Ky toy from my buddie list?
Ill give you 65 for that tub of fiberglass you call a boat and you will never see me again......:D

Sandbar Junkies
11-12-2003, 06:02 PM
Will some tell me how to remove Ky toy from my buddie list?
Ill give you 65 for that tub of fiberglass you call a boat and you will never see me again......:D
If you send all in cash and have JUST the wife bring it over we can talk.:D You can even go test drive it tonight in Watts.

Kilrtoy
11-12-2003, 06:08 PM
If you send all in cash and have JUST the wife bring it over we can talk. You can even go test drive it tonight in Watts.
Already did the test drive for FREE
The wife was already there
YOU CUT YOUR FU#$%^ WRIST FOOL......

Rexone
11-12-2003, 06:13 PM
I don't think even the great George Blanda could bail their sorry asses out this time. :)

Kilrtoy
11-12-2003, 06:21 PM
CLASS AND RAIDERS FANS
is like mixing oil and water
By the way
THE RAIDERS ARE THE WINNINGEST FOOTBALL TEAM IN HISTORY

mirvin
11-12-2003, 06:31 PM
I have a question:
What the **** happened to "Sportsmanship"?
Sports is not about being rabbid about one team or the other. it's about sport and competition. The love of the game. That's what really turns me off about Pro sports.
I love it when I see a good game. I dont' give a **** who wins as long as the game is good.
That's what's wrong with fans- they've lost track of the sport!
That's why I've become a hockey fan. THose guys are all about the sport. A code. Settled on the ice. No bs. No whining. Just competition and respect.
Just my .02;)

JetBoatRich
11-12-2003, 06:35 PM
Thanks Mirvin, if the kids would learn that:D to many on them on playing field that don't show the respect to each other.
Love to see a good game of just about any sport.

Kilrtoy
11-12-2003, 06:44 PM
TYPICAL RAIDERS FANShttp://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/111raiders_fans.jpg

Kilrtoy
11-12-2003, 08:04 PM
This is a true raider hater and she says they can kiss her ASShttp://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/111DSCF0134-med.JPG

MRS FLYIN VEE
11-12-2003, 08:06 PM
i will i will... wait in line guys. she's mine first... :D :D

Kilrtoy
11-12-2003, 08:08 PM
real men drive Spectras my boy
Isnt he in JAIL on Murder

MRS FLYIN VEE
11-12-2003, 08:08 PM
uh wait where do the DCB men fit in. oh i forgot we are too high up on the high horse. J/K :D :D

Kilrtoy
11-12-2003, 08:11 PM
You dont have a high horse
you have alot of horses, I saw that bad boy up close and personal,
it even turned on MRS. Kilrtoy

MRS FLYIN VEE
11-12-2003, 08:12 PM
i'm just kidding. we are no different then anyone else. we started small and worked our way up. we are all equal. as long as we all have something to drive on the water. :D :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
11-12-2003, 08:14 PM
You dont have a high horse
you have alot of horses, I saw that bad boy up close and personal,
it even turned on MRS. Kilrtoy
vroooommmm vroooommm kilrtoy. i know she liked the blower right. i know i do. :D :p

Kilrtoy
11-12-2003, 08:17 PM
She like the WHINE when the BLOW HER is whined up

MRS FLYIN VEE
11-12-2003, 08:18 PM
LMAO!! like i said i like it too. :D

beached 1
11-12-2003, 08:18 PM
This shit's childish. I'm done
Sorry to diss on your boat and your wife Klrtoy. That was uncalled for.

Kilrtoy
11-12-2003, 08:19 PM
This shit's childish. I'm done
Hey no offense taken, im just having fun on here....:D
Its only a football team

MRS FLYIN VEE
11-12-2003, 08:19 PM
he doesn't take things personnal. he's not like that.. ;)

sandblasted
11-12-2003, 09:08 PM
GO RAIDERS!!!! Well, maybe in 2005, or 2006...This season is shot...
I find it interesting that the other team that was in the Super Bowl last year has a losing record also...
Weird season in the NFL this year thats for sure...

JetBoatRich
11-12-2003, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by sandblasted
I find it interesting that the other team that was in the Super Bowl last year has a losing record also...
Weird season in the NFL this year thats for sure...
It is real possible both teams will miss the playoffs:rolleyes: how often has that happen before (Trivia time)

sandblasted
11-12-2003, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by JetBoatRich
It is real possible both teams will miss the playoffs:rolleyes: how often has that happen before (Trivia time)
There is one thing a Raider fan and Bronco fan can have in common...
We can both hate those damn Kansas City Chiefs!!

jbtrailerjim
11-12-2003, 09:20 PM
I think it was the year after your team (Bronco's) and the Falcons went to the Super Bowl. Was it 1999?

JetBoatRich
11-12-2003, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by jbtrailerjim
I think it was the year after your team (Bronco's) and the Falcons went to the Super Bowl. Was it 1999?
How often has it happened???
second part to the trivia?

MRS FLYIN VEE
11-12-2003, 09:22 PM
TYPICAL RAIDERS FANShttp://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/111raiders_fans.jpg
i think i'm in there somewhere. :D i look good in orange. :D :p

JetBoatRich
11-12-2003, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by sandblasted
There is one thing a Raider fan and Bronco fan can have in common...
We can both hate those damn Kansas City Chiefs!!
We do right now, Chad Johnson from Bengals guarantee a win this weekend:o

jbtrailerjim
11-12-2003, 09:26 PM
How often has it happened???
second part to the trivia?
Not sure. I think it's only happened a couple of times though.

SandbarScot
11-13-2003, 12:33 AM
I'll be a Raiders Fan forever, but my money is on the Titans in the Superbowl. They will spank the chiefs in the playoffs, McNair style;)

Mrs Luvnlife
11-13-2003, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by mirvin
Dude, that statement alone qualifies you as a bonefied member of the "Raider Nation"- Yes , the one that you think you don't belong too, the one that most people find distastefull.
WRONG!!!!!!!

JetBoatRich
11-13-2003, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by SandbarScot
I'll be a Raiders Fan forever, but my money is on the Titans in the Superbowl. They will spank the chiefs in the playoffs, McNair style;)
He is Playing like a MVP this year, the next weeks will make it or break it for the other teams. Playoffs not being so far away, teams struggling need to pick it up:rolleyes:

boatnam2
11-13-2003, 08:50 AM
im a dard hard fan but it was time to give someone else a try rich hasnt done shit this year and just cant seem to get over his shitty performance of superbowl.reminds so much of curt warner head case.

CMABadseed
11-13-2003, 11:27 AM
hahah the raiders.......i dont knowwhich is funnier the QB vs. coach outburst, or beating each other up, or old timers dropping passes, or rick mirer, is sebatian janikowski in jail yet?, al davis, damn there is alot of laughs to choose from....i wonder why oakland isn't a happier place. hahaha.
AFC west wrap up
oakland headed for implosion
denver drug addict RB
KC probably perfect
man SD looks like a second place team this year! do i smell wildcard?? hahaha riiite
go chargers!

rvrtoy
11-13-2003, 12:03 PM
I'm a huge Charger fan....They looked good against the Vikings last week. I think the Broncos will put us back in the loosing mind set this weekend. After all, they do have a Defense. Maybe next year...doubtful...but maybe:D
Go Bolts:p

JetBoatRich
11-13-2003, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by rvrtoy
I'm a huge Charger fan....They looked good against the Vikings last week. I think the Broncos will put us back in the loosing mind set this weekend. :D
:p
I hope you are right:D

beached 1
11-13-2003, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by CMABadseed
hahah the raiders.......i dont knowwhich is funnier the QB vs. coach outburst, or beating each other up, or old timers dropping passes, or rick mirer, is sebatian janikowski in jail yet?, al davis, damn there is alot of laughs to choose from....i wonder why oakland isn't a happier place. hahaha.
AFC west wrap up
oakland headed for implosion
denver drug addict RB
KC probably perfect
man SD looks like a second place team this year! do i smell wildcard?? hahaha riiite
go chargers!
Yawn..

mirvin
11-13-2003, 04:37 PM
Yawn..
:sleeping:
Yup.:sleeping:

Kilrtoy
11-16-2003, 02:15 PM
2nd period, they are winning
Dont worry its still early and plenty of time for them to F$%^ up

JetBoatRich
11-16-2003, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by titties and beer
the chargers are SUCK'NNNNN:( :D
:D :D :D
Go Broncos:D :D

JetBoatRich
11-16-2003, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by titties and beer
AZ is getting beating :(
From the look of the score, the Card's never showed up:(

Kilrtoy
11-16-2003, 05:39 PM
Whose the cards, AZ has a team

JetBoatRich
11-16-2003, 07:42 PM
Just read this:
Four Oakland Raiders have tested positive for the newly discovered steroid THG and face four-game suspensions, CBS reported Sunday.
CBS' "The NFL Today" and SportsLine.com reported that defensive tackle Dana Stubblefield, center Barret Robbins, linebacker Bill Romanowski and defensive tackle Chris Cooper were notified in letters from the NFL this past week that they tested positive for THG, or tetrahydrogestrinone. It wasn't clear when the tests were conducted or the urine samples were taken.

Kilrtoy
11-16-2003, 07:58 PM
Two blacks eyes now, WHAT NEXT,
raiders fans go in drag