PDA

View Full Version : Spindals .

catcrazy
11-12-2003, 08:14 PM
I NEED 2'' LIFT SPINDALS. ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN FIND EM' ?????

Froggystyle
11-12-2003, 09:45 PM
Yes! :rolleyes:

catcrazy
11-13-2003, 07:11 AM
:confused:

TOBTEK
11-13-2003, 07:54 AM
IF you have a 2 wheel drive truck/suv "FABTECH" seems to be the place. My brother did one of their kits on a chev sub, looks great and rides better then OEM.....tobtek's .02

catcrazy
11-13-2003, 10:35 AM
NO, 4X4 JUST THINKING ABOUT LIFTING THE FRONT A LITTLE TO LEVEL IT OUT.

Chase
11-13-2003, 01:18 PM
Lower the back..that will look better

fourspeednup
11-13-2003, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by catcrazy
I NEED 2'' LIFT SPINDALS. ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN FIND EM' ?????
Whatcha got?

buck183
11-13-2003, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by catcrazy
NO, 4X4 JUST THINKING ABOUT LIFTING THE FRONT A LITTLE TO LEVEL IT OUT.
Don't think you'll find lift spindles for a 4x4. 2wd only on lift spindles. If you have an IFS truck then crank up your torsion bars. If this isn't enough for you then you're only other two options are Body Lift or a full Suspension Lift, with a minumum lift of 4" on the Suspension.
I would opt fo the Suspension over the Body lift myself.
Buck

Jordy
11-13-2003, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by buck183
If you have an IFS truck then crank up your torsion bars. Buck
If you can't get enough out of the stock torsions, GM makes a torsion key that is re-indexed to get another couple of inches for like $60 or less. I don't know how they work as I still have them sitting in my garage and haven't actually gotten around to putting them in.
Oh, and I got an honest answer from one of the offroad shops that wasn't trying to sell me a lift kit. That answer: There is nothing wrong with cranking up the torsion bars for that extra front end lift. All bullshit from the guys trying to sell you a lift, it won't kill your ball joints, your cv's, your steering arms, your flux capacitor, your Mr. Fusion, or anything else. It was nice to get an honest answer on that one. I was skeptical to say the least when they started reading a list of what was going to go wrong if I didn't buy their $2000+ lift kit. ****in' liars. :rolleyes:

catcrazy
11-13-2003, 07:02 PM
WAS TRYING TO BRING THE FRONT UP TO THE BACKS HEIGHT WITHOUT MESSING W/SUSP. AND BUYING A LIFT KIT. WANTED TO USE THAT MONEY FOR SOME OF THOSE EDGE PRODUCTS ! HAS ANYONE CRANKED UP THIER TORSION BARS ?

DogHouse
11-13-2003, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by jordanpaulk
There is nothing wrong with cranking up the torsion bars for that extra front end lift.
Jordy, there is one thing wrong, ride quality will suffer because what you're doing is forcing the suspension to ride near its max extension all the time. Makes potholes and speed bumps a real b!tch. I had the bars cranked on my GMC and while I liked the way it looked, I didn't like what it did to the suspension quality. By the way, I had 285s on 8" rims with 4.5" back spacing, and they rubbed. How do you manage to keep your 285s on 10" rims with 4 5/8" backspacing from rubbing? Just don't turn sharp? I've got some 17x9 Centerlines on the way for the new ride. Probably run my current 285s to start with, then upgrade to something a little bigger next time.
-brian

buck183
11-13-2003, 07:38 PM
If you can't get enough out of the stock torsions, GM makes a torsion key that is re-indexed to get another couple of inches for like $60 or less. I don't know how they work as I still have them sitting in my garage and haven't actually gotten around to putting them in.
Oh, and I got an honest answer from one of the offroad shops that wasn't trying to sell me a lift kit. That answer: There is nothing wrong with cranking up the torsion bars for that extra front end lift. All bullshit from the guys trying to sell you a lift, it won't kill your ball joints, your cv's, your steering arms, your flux capacitor, your Mr. Fusion, or anything else. It was nice to get an honest answer on that one. I was skeptical to say the least when they started reading a list of what was going to go wrong if I didn't buy their $2000+ lift kit. ****in' liars. :rolleyes:
jordon,
They gave you what I feel is a very honest answer. I don't try to sell my customers 2k lift kits if an inch as all they are looking for from their truck. Just don't think one will see any immediate effects of doing this. I have yet to have a customer say that their truck rides rougher after this modification either.
The new keyways you mention are a whole other ball game though. I have installed these also, with little success. They WILL make your truck ride very rough. So rough in fact, it's not even worth the $$$ you saved by purchasing them. All the customers that have purchased these and had me install them have had me remove them within a week.
PS. I work on about 30 trucks a week.
Buck

Just Tool'n
11-13-2003, 08:49 PM
Oh, and I got an honest answer from one of the offroad shops that wasn't trying to sell me a lift kit. That answer: There is nothing wrong with cranking up the torsion bars for that extra front end lift. All bullshit from the guys trying to sell you a lift, it won't kill your ball joints, your cv's, your steering arms, your flux capacitor, your Mr. Fusion, or anything else. It was nice to get an honest answer on that one. I was skeptical to say the least when they started reading a list of what was going to go wrong if I didn't buy their $2000+ lift kit. ****in' liars. :rolleyes: Your Flux Capacitor, Your Mr. Fusion
Jordy I thought I was the only guy who had these items in a truck!

Jordy
11-14-2003, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by buck183
jordon,
They gave you what I feel is a very honest answer.
I went to three different shops before I talked to the guys at Desert Rat on 19th Ave, and they all told me that I couldn't level out my truck the way I had done it with just the torsion bars, but as I suspected they were just trying to sell me a lift kit.
Brian, my tires do rub a little bit in sharp turns or coming up into a driveway off the street, but I guess that's the price you pay to look cool huh? ;) :D
I figure I'm going to ditch the gas shocks here soon and put a set of Rancho oil shocks on there and that should help the ride out a little bit, although I don't think it's that bad. Then again, my last two trucks were both 1 tons, one being a dually. :D