PDA

View Full Version : Drinking and Driving

Kilrtoy
11-13-2003, 04:50 PM
I have this really cute friend(FEMALE) who usually emails me everyday with some joke or comment. Well i havent heard from her in 6 days , so I call her work. They recognize that it is me and say we have bad new. She was in a really bad car accident and is in intensive care. I almost fall out of my chair, So needless to say I rush over to the hospital to see her.
Her aunt tells me she was out with her friends and they were on their way home at 4:00 A.M Friday night/Saturday morning. When the driver fell asleep(PASSEDOUT) hit another car, then a tree and flipped over. She was in a coma for 5 days came out of it yesterday but doesnt know anyone or anything. She Broke her leg, pelvis , shoulder and arm. Pierced her liver and almost bleed out.
Ok, so I walk in and she recognizes me, VERY GOOD, and ask where my buddy is, also Very good. Her face looks like the ELEPHANT WOMAN and she is in extreme pain on heavy morphine.
So as I want to cry, but I can't infront of her. I tell her how beautiful she is instead. I fell my entire body get hotter than I have ever felt and I thought I was going to pass out. So I sat on the floor for what felt like eternity trying to regain myself.
I do and leave after a very short but confusing chat with her.
So I come to find out that the Driver who agreed to be the designated one , GOT WASTED, they didnt know and almost lost their lives.
She got hooked up with her broken arm.
Think before you drink and drive , the life you ruin may not be your own.........

Keithb87
11-13-2003, 04:55 PM
Dude, that's too bad.
My thoughts and prayers to you and yours.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
11-13-2003, 04:57 PM
Damm Kilr,
that sucks! :( My thoughts and prayers go out to your friend. I hope she recovers and is the same ol' friend you had before. ;) You are a good friend.
Linda

mirvin
11-13-2003, 05:02 PM
Man that's terrible. Good she has you for support. I hope she recovers soon.

rvrtoy
11-13-2003, 05:03 PM
I'm sorry to read about your friend. My thoughts and prayers go out to her family and friends.
What happened to the person who was driving and /or any other passengers?:mad:

Dr. Eagle
11-13-2003, 05:16 PM
Good god, what a story. Unfortunately someone that agreed to be responsible wasn't. Now everyone will be marked for life...bad news.:frown:

JetBoatRich
11-13-2003, 05:25 PM
Sorry to hear about your friend, good thing she has a friend like to you to help through this. I hope she a has a quick and full recovery

mike37
11-13-2003, 05:27 PM
thats sad but good she is alive
hope she gets better fast

MRS FLYIN VEE
11-13-2003, 05:43 PM
miguel.. i am so sorry to hear about this accident with your friend involved.. our prayers go out to her , her family and also to you.. this is a tragidy but one thing to be thankful of is that she is still alive and we hope she has a speady well recovery.. if she could remember you hopefully she will start remembering everyone else. :)

Ziggy
11-13-2003, 05:50 PM
Real sorry to hear the bad news Kilr..wishing her a speedy and complete recovery.
Even sadder to hear that the one responsible was not really responsible enough to care.....one never knows so live life to the fullest, huge and kiss the ones you love every day.

Kilrtoy
11-13-2003, 08:40 PM
Thank you everyone for you kind thoughts and prayers,
She has along road ahead of her and It looks like life will never be the same.
Always treat each day as it may be your last, She was lucky.........THANK YOU EVERYONE

fourspeednup
11-13-2003, 09:08 PM
Of course my thoughts and prayers are with you and her family. Word of encouragement...
Two years ago, my best friend flipped his Nova and had very similar injuries to those of your friend but he also had severe head injuries. Things looked very bad as he was in a coma for 8 days. Doctors weren't optimistic for a recovery but without warning he just woke up and asked about his car. I'm very happy to report that within 6 months he was just as good as new.
That accident was entirely his fault. I can't even imagine what I'd have felt if he'd obtained those injuries because of somebody elses extreme lack of responsibility.

mbrown2
11-13-2003, 10:18 PM
Sorry to hear the news Kilr.....being that she has made it this far, sounds like she is a strong girl and will make it out completely...

blownmoney
11-13-2003, 10:34 PM
kilr, sorry to hear about your friend, hope she does recover,and get back to her normal self. it just makes you wanna grab that f!~@ that was driving ,slap the s@#t outta him like the peice of s@#t that he is and ask him wtf was he thinking!!!

MJ19
11-13-2003, 10:35 PM
Drinking and Driving SUCKS! :mad:
It really isn't that hard to be a DD if you say you will be...watching your drunk friends and knowing that they will be puking or feeling like shit the next day is entertainment and 100% reward for being the sober one dealing with these silly drunks. :D
I'm really sorry that your friend's friend was a flake and almost killed your friend...she is very lucky and hopefully she will in the future be the DD instead of relying on friends that aren't that reliable. :(
Keep telling her she is beautiful, because the truth is...SHE IS!!! She is someone that brighten's your day with a joke and a smile...she is someone special enough to be missed when you didn't hear from her...so no matter how she recovers, or how she looks physically after her healing remember she is and always will be beautiful because beauty is much deeper then the outer apparance. :)
Send her our thoughts and prayers! Tell her she has a bunch of strangers rooting for her speedy recovery!!! :)

Faster Daddy
11-14-2003, 12:17 AM
Praying for a quick recovery. Godspeed

honkey1
11-14-2003, 12:24 AM
Sorry to hear that my prayers will be with her.

Outnumbered
11-14-2003, 01:04 AM
Sad story but hopefully it will have a happy ending. It sounds good that she remembered you.
Thoughts and prayers for your friend,
OL

Laveyman
11-14-2003, 06:47 AM
:frown: Sorry to hear about your frined's injuries. Obviously the other biotch confused being the designated driver with being the designated drunk! :burningm: Hopefully she will get to meet my favorite District Attorney. His name is Ben Dover!!!

beached 1
11-14-2003, 06:50 AM
Sorry for your friend. That is sad..