PDA

View Full Version : one more flame job!

TRG
11-13-2003, 09:14 PM
do any of you like cemetry (identical ) layouts ,or do you like there to be a little imperfection in a flame job? just trying to get an idea because my little brother and i almost went to the front yard over this on nascar sunday! not to mention there was too much budweiser going around!and it was my pop's b-day!
Brother thinks that a flame job is supposed to be cemetrical (like a sticker) and i think that it not being perfect makes it perfect! what are your thoughts? todd a sample will follow!

Keithb87
11-13-2003, 09:18 PM
Not Perfect would be my vote. :D
Anyone can have a cemetry (identical ) layout. Buy it at Pep Boys or Autozone.
Go with the original :cool:

mirvin
11-13-2003, 09:18 PM
personally I think flames should be random. Not one tip should be the same as the other. Fire is very fluid. I guess if you want it to look like a sticker, then make identical.
:wink:

TRG
11-13-2003, 09:19 PM
my camera sucks!!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/662helmet3-med.JPG http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/662helmet2-med.JPG http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/662helmet1-med.JPG

TRG
11-13-2003, 09:20 PM
thats what i was trying to tell that lil' bastard! j/k love thy brother right?

Keithb87
11-13-2003, 09:22 PM
Nice Bucket. :jawdrop:

mirvin
Very nice;)

Dr. Eagle
Originally posted by toddnjuzz
thats what i was trying to tell that lil' bastard! j/k love thy brother right?
You got that one right............
Randommmmmmmm!

TRG
11-13-2003, 09:31 PM
thanks guys!just started on my brothers helmet( not flames!) alot of skull work, i will post it when i get closer to fin!todd

mirvin
11-13-2003, 09:37 PM
thanks guys!just started on my brothers helmet( not flames!) alot of skull work, i will post it when i get closer to fin!todd
How 'bout some direction on painting the flames on my arms?

TRG
11-13-2003, 09:43 PM
one of my boys is a tatoo artist and shit does he do some amazing work, he is going to be redoing all of my arm and starting a full sleeve on my other! if you are interested call me! todd
ps he is very reasonable and vary clean!!!

mirvin
11-13-2003, 09:44 PM
one of my boys is a tatoo artist and shit does he do some amazing work, he is going to be redoing all of my arm and starting a full sleeve on my other! if you are interested call me! todd
ps he is very reasonable and vary clean!!!
I still got at least one more sitting to finish the linework. I have no clue on color except that I don't think I want it orange or yellow:confused:

TRG
11-13-2003, 09:50 PM
i went full color on my arm and man ,..that shit fades fast if you dont lotion up!on my next project i'll go black and grey fo sho!

mirvin
11-13-2003, 09:54 PM
i went full color on my arm and man ,..that shit fades fast if you dont lotion up!on my next project i'll go black and grey fo sho!
Thing is, I think that's what I wanted to hear. I'm just not feelin the color. In fact, I'm kinda wishing I went full black instead of the regular blueish ink. I'm going for a real thick line though.

TRG
11-13-2003, 10:00 PM
thats what im going for on the right, all of the tatoos that you see at the river and all of that color,.... lets see them in about five years or so, yeah there's the occasional guy or girl who takes care of it when they step outside, but 99.9% of us dont give a shit after about a year of rubbing on lotion! and that is the truth!
black and grey all the way!!!!
now im going to bed!...late

Laveyman
11-14-2003, 06:52 AM
Your brother is wrong. There is NOTHING symetrical about flames. They should be random. If he questions it, have him stare at the fireplace for a few minutes. Then, while he's in a fixed trance, SMACK HIM UP THE BACKSIDE OF HIS HEAD! This will help knock some sense into him. :D

beached 1
11-14-2003, 07:01 AM
I don't prefer almost any design on my helmets to be totally symetrical. This way it can't be mistaken for a fancy sticker job.
http://beached1.homestead.com/files/Gerrit_VFXR2.jpg