PDA

View Full Version : toneau cover

Havasubum
11-16-2003, 08:59 PM
does anyone know how much a toneasu cover cost? i have an 8ft bed

JetBoatRich
11-16-2003, 09:06 PM
HalletDave had one put on last month. Send him a P.M.
He has the carpet insulation put in as well. Came out real nice

Kilrtoy
11-17-2003, 01:25 AM
Around 700 for a good painted one....

Outnumbered
11-17-2003, 02:37 AM
If you want the best IMHO get an LT Sport cover. They are aluminum, not fiberglass. They are OEM quaity or better and only weigh about 75 lbs. They are going to be making some OEM stuff for Dodge next year.
I got one for my Dodge SB a few months back and they kick ass. The best feature is "slam-shut" single lock. It closes like a trunk. The old-school fiberglass ones are heavy and most have to be hand locked with double locks. I got mine delivered to my door in 2-3 weeks for $950+/-. Let me know if you end up with one and I will give you a tip on the install to make it extra strong at the latch. They sell them as "no-drill" but I think that makes them a bit weak so I drilled a few holes where you can't see them and this thing is solid. Even been off-road a few times and it still closes perfect and tight.
OL
http://www.ltsportcover.com/index.html

TheEduKATor
11-17-2003, 11:48 AM
I saw a few at the SEMA show that didn't open like a trunk. They lift straight up in case you have a large load. They were pretty trick, i'm not sure when they will be available to the public or if they are already. I'll look for the website and pass that on is case you are interested. They also fit flush inside the bed not overhanging on the edge like most covers do.