PDA

View Full Version : Good customer support from Extreme

Robbie Racer
11-18-2003, 10:18 AM
I just wanted to pass on to everyone that I received some great customer support from Extreme Trailers. Tony in service went to bat for me on the insurance claim regarding 4 blown Carlisle tires that also trashed my stainless fenders. I just received the insurance check from Goodyear today. :D

BADBLOWN572
11-18-2003, 02:52 PM
Good to know. I think that I will definitely be going with Extreme on my next boat.

Robbie Racer
11-18-2003, 05:24 PM
I think they make a great trailer and will definitely go with them again. But the next time, I will specify Goodyear Marathon tires not Carlisles. :)

jbtrailerjim
11-18-2003, 06:00 PM
Good to hear this about Extreme. I just cringe everytime I hear another complaint about Carlisle tires though. My new Extreme trailer came with Carlisle tires. I was told the problem was taken care of regarding the defective Carlisle tires. I hope so. I don't want to go through what so many people I've heard about go through.:(

phebus
11-18-2003, 08:16 PM
I had a wear problem with the Carlisle tires on my Extreme trailer. After calling Extreme, they had me take the trailer back to them to look at. They said the problem had to do with the beltting that they were using on the Carlisle tires. They replaced all four tires, and I haven't had a problem yet after they replaced them. That is after two trips to Lake Powell from Havasu, but that is about it, since the boat is stored in Havasu. Bottom line.... Extreme was straight up with dealing with the problem, and the problem hasn't reoccured with the new Carlisle's. Extreme, great product, great customer service.

Outnumbered
11-18-2003, 10:15 PM
Tony is a stand-up guy. Highly recommended.
OL

locogringo
11-19-2003, 11:18 PM
Ditto everything here.

Dr. Eagle
11-20-2003, 06:16 AM
Originally posted by Robbie Racer
I just wanted to pass on to everyone that I received some great customer support from Extreme Trailers. Tony in service went to bat for me on the insurance claim regarding 4 blown Carlisle tires that also trashed my stainless fenders. I just received the insurance check from Goodyear today. :D
I think you were lucky. I couldn't even get a call back from anyone there about cracks on the trailer tongue. I guess I didn't ride herd enough.

Essex502
11-20-2003, 07:44 AM
About a year after I picked up our new boat which came on an Extreme trailer I took it on a long tow to Lake Mead from SoCal. One of the Buddy Bearings started leaking grease all over the place on the way to Mead. I picked up a grease gun in Vegas to keep the bearing lubed on the return trip. When back in SoCal, I called Extreme and tried to purchase a replacement Buddy Bearing for the trailer. Whomever, I talked to at that time (3 years ago) said: "No problem, I'll send you 4 new ones no charge." Damn, if I didn't get them in two days via Fedex. Very impressed with the service.
On Carlisle tire...I've had the same Carlisle tires on this trailer since 2000 with no problems. Now the boat is stored in Havasu all the time so the drive is pretty short to the water but before that we towed it all the time. No defects noted in the tires and no blow-outs. Now, I do trailer 65 MPH or below, check the tire pressure befor and during every tow and have always stored the boat indoors which may help with this issue.

Outnumbered
11-20-2003, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
I think you were lucky. I couldn't even get a call back from anyone there about cracks on the trailer tongue. I guess I didn't ride herd enough.
Dr. E, Extreme is no small operation. It just takes getting to the right department. Once you hook up with Tony you won't get blown off. This guy takes care of his people. I don't even have an Extreme trailer and there service was first rate. Call and make sure to speak with Tony. He will take care of the problem.
OL

RiverToysJas
11-20-2003, 10:32 AM
In less than a year, I've had my Extreme trailer back to Extreme twice for different problems (not tire related). Both times they were very good about fixing everything. The first time, they had built the trailer wrong, and the keel of the boat was rubbing the crossmember of the trailer. I'm not totally pleased with how they fixed it, but they assure me they will do it right if it becomes a problem. The second time I came all the way back from the river with two broken axles and no suspension. They had to put two new axles put on it, and replace the wood inside the fender. When I picked it up, I checked what they did and found a large amount of paint chipped off the brakes and various bolts. I had Tony touch it up before I would take it back.
I never had one issue with my 1976 RoadRunner trailer, in 7 years. IMO, based on what I read here and my own experience, Extreme seems to have lots of problems, and are good about taking care of them.
Don't get me wrong, they build a beautiful trailer and stand behind it, I just wish they had less issues. I really like Shadow Trailers in Cypress, but haven't had any real feedback from any owners of their trailer. They sell rachet tie downs for $40 less than Extreme though.
RTJas

rivercrazy
11-20-2003, 10:51 AM
So far, I've had no issues with my Extreme trailer for a boat purchased back in 10/02. So far so good....
Much much better than my former Ultimate trailer. I'd never get another one of those!

RandyH
11-20-2003, 03:53 PM
This is only my opinion but I think if I had to do it over again I wouldnt only look at those cosmetic options that I could add to my Extreme trailer but I would just pay to have the whole unit upgraded. It seems to me that boat manufactures probably specify a base grade trailer for their boats and if they dont, they price themselves out of the market. Looking at some Extreme trailers on big boats in the 27 foot plus sizes you can see a whole new set of standards in axles and framing. It would only add a few pounds extra but I think it would be worth it and the boat would enjoy a better ride also.
RandyH:D

Faster Daddy
12-02-2003, 11:28 PM
For the price of the Extreem Trailers nothing should be wrong when the trailer is delivered. Not the case on both mine and my buddies trailer (same model recently delivered 2 weeks apart).
Mine: 1. Disk brakes - no fluid in reservoir and not bleed = NO BRAKES! :mad: 2. Ratchet tie down broken
His: Wiring screwed-up, no stop lights or turn signals at night with running lights on?
Time to fire the quality control manager! Otherwise a beautiful trailer!

Back To Havasu
12-03-2003, 09:07 PM
I have dealt wity Tony at Extreme on the trailer for my Shockwave. He was a stand=up guy, who delivered on time. Add me to the list of people who highly recommend Tony and Extreme.;)

Essex502
12-04-2003, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by Faster Daddy
For the price of the Extreem Trailers nothing should be wrong when the trailer is delivered. Not the case on both mine and my buddies trailer (same model recently delivered 2 weeks apart).
Mine: 1. Disk brakes - no fluid in reservoir and not bleed = NO BRAKES! :mad: 2. Ratchet tie down broken
His: Wiring screwed-up, no stop lights or turn signals at night with running lights on?
Time to fire the quality control manager! Otherwise a beautiful trailer!
Quality Control is always tough at times with any business...it's the after the fact service and whether or not they get the QC stuff under control quickly that will tell whether or not the firm is an excellent one or not.

Havasu Cig
12-04-2003, 10:24 AM
I have owned two Extremes and they always took care of any issues I had with them.
I would say their customer service is only second to MYCO imo.

cruser
12-04-2003, 11:43 PM
Problems with Extreme boat trailers? For what they cost and the simplicity of the product, there shouldn't be many problems. I have a 25 year old Roadrunner that has only had 1 wheel bearing go out in the 20 years I have owned it. The boat it is carrying weighs about 4000 lbs.
I am in the process if buying a new hull and am looking at Extreme for the trailer. However, I live too far away to be able to bring the trailer back to Extreme to fix issues. How common are these issues? I will insure that the tires are good but I will be very unhappy if there are electrical, mechanical or any other problems.
cruser

SPECTRABRENT
12-05-2003, 09:15 PM
I just bought one of Extreme's Pivot Hitch (stainless) for my 27 year old Foto Grafix trailer. The Pivot Hitch makes the trailer look brand new.
I would say the prices & customer service is very good.
Brent

phebus
12-06-2003, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by SPECTRABRENT
I just bought one of Extreme's Pivot Hitch (stainless) for my 27 year old Foto Grafix trailer. The Pivot Hitch makes the trailer look brand new.
I would say the prices & customer service is very good.
Brent
Post some pics if you can. I'd like to see how it looks. How hard was the install, and did it come with good directions or did it require some fabrication?
Thanks

Robbie Racer
12-08-2003, 10:10 PM
Hystrung, I think it took about 4 weeks for Goodyear to send me a release of liability form after I sent in the claim. I signed that the same day and sent it back to them. I think I had a check within 3 or 4 more weeks. Good luck, R/R

acatitude
12-08-2003, 11:26 PM
I also had a problem with the brakes on my new extreme trailer a few months ago. They gave me a number of a place in sacramento to take trailer to. Took it there problem solved just signed and on my way, very easy.

P P R
12-12-2003, 11:37 AM
I own a DHM trailer that had Carlisle tires. In July this year i had two of them blow out on the way to the lake. I felt really lucky that they didnt hurt my fenders,but it sure sucked. That same weekend on they way home i blow another one. These tires had only one season on them,and maybe 1000 miles. Plus the boat and trailer are keep in a heated garage. all i could think about is how offen i see a boat on a old rusty trailer with weathered trailers. And iam the one sitting on the side of the road with two blown out tires.

Cat Skinner
12-12-2003, 06:11 PM
I have a 91 Nordic that needed a new trailer. I called Extreme a few times. The guy was either on vacation or in a meeting. He did call back once. I asked him for a price on the trailer with all the options I wanted. He said he'd call back. Well guess what, no call back. So I said F**k Extreme and called Sport Boat Trailers in Patterson, Ca. Called them and left a message, within 5 minutes they called back, I told them what I wanted, they quoted me a price and BAM!! New trailer. If those flakes at Extreme didn't want my business they should have said so. Sport Boat built me an awsome trailer and they were $1500 less than Extreme! If you're in need of a trailer call Bob Kiel or Barbara. They are very nice people.
Cat Skinner

Charley
12-13-2003, 08:53 AM
I have had 2 dealings with extreme, both were positive:D

FastTimmy
12-19-2003, 03:51 PM
I know Sand Bar Junkies has poped two tires at two different times, one of witch I was in the suburban for. Both flats where rear tires one on each side and each on a seperate trip. Each flat took out the fenders but not the boat, very luky. I have shot him a PM to have him see what tires he has on the trailer....
Oh and yeh it is a Extreme with a Mach 26 on it..