PDA

View Full Version : Skin Cancer

AZKC
11-18-2003, 02:52 PM
Well I got under the knife yesterday for my second round with this crap. I'm catching them early so no big problems yet, but what a pain. This was a full blown knocked out for an hour, 6-7 inch gash on top of my head. surgery deal. I got a free mini face lift out of it and this lovely drain attached to my scalp for 3 days.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/25Scarface0004-med.jpg
Just a little gross stuff to make you guys and gals aware and to take care of your skin and get those spots checked out. All is good for now just don't let it sneak up on ya.
I'll link the gorry stuff later maybe:eek:
K"me likey Vicadin"C

jackpunx
11-18-2003, 02:56 PM
DAMM.. Glad you got in front of that.. Well done on your part.. What do you look for? as far as the "spots"
thanks
and glad your ok
Mark

JetBoatRich
11-18-2003, 02:57 PM
Good to see you catching it early, have safe and quick recovery.
My sister has been battling the same thing for awhile now.
Take care of yourself and thanks for the heads up.

life's a river
11-18-2003, 03:23 PM
AZKC, I feel your pain. I have had at least 40 removed via knife and frozen off. Most rescently a 3 inch gash in the middle of my forehead. I too had an early face lift at the ripe old age of 38. SUN BLOCK 40 for me every day and a T shirt at the River is a must. Too much surfing as a kid.
Good Luck with the recovery.
LAR

Tom Brown
11-18-2003, 03:24 PM
Hang in there, KC. You have my best wishes. :)

AZKC
11-18-2003, 04:04 PM
Its all good on my end, just want to keep everyone aware. As far as what to look for I'm know expert, every spot I see that I think is bad the Doc says "nah thats nothin but this spot over here we need to ck out" Good advice is if you haven't been ck'd out and your over 30 why not start now. I'm actually on a 3 month ck out for now till we get a handle on these.
And remember its not what you did lately its what you did years ago :cool:
KC

phebus
11-18-2003, 04:18 PM
Rather than use the tubing as a drain, could you use it as a vodka drip? Just kidding, it is a good thing you have been on top of your cancer problems, and thanks for the reminder to all of us to get a checkup.

mikev
11-18-2003, 04:43 PM
good luck dude i just had three removed off my back realy sucks but im upgrading from spf15 to 30 next summer

NOCTURNAL
11-18-2003, 05:21 PM
I lost a good friend last year to skin cancer. He was 24. Then about 1 month ago, a lifelong friend (age 25) had surgery to remove a cancerous mole on his back. It seems to be hitting people younger and younger.

AZKC
11-18-2003, 05:25 PM
Man that is young. :( Thats whats scary about it you feel fine and then BAM.
As far as the Vodka drip goes:D :rolleyes:
KC

sidewound
11-18-2003, 06:49 PM
AZKC
We here wish you a speedy and complete recovery.
Had one on my nose that resulted in a dandy scar. Bummer!
I tell everyone it was from a barfight when I kicked 6 guys asses! he he he
Always good for me to keep a little humor im my life.
Hope your off the bag soon and back on the bottle!
Peace Man!:cool:
CESAR

Kilrtoy
11-18-2003, 06:51 PM
good luck to you,
Young people are spending more and more time in the sun, that is also a big arising problem

Ziggy
11-18-2003, 06:51 PM
Stay on top of it KC...best wishes for a quick recovery.

Rexone
11-19-2003, 01:37 AM
Some more skin cancer posts from Offshore Only (http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=63777)