PDA

View Full Version : Worst So. Cal Boat Makers

LASERRAY
11-18-2003, 08:50 PM
I'm just playing the devil's advocate on this one. Not to offend anyone, because anyboat is better then none, but which makers would you say have their work cut out for them in YOUR OPINION? :confused:

25 Eagle
11-18-2003, 08:54 PM
DCB?

LASERRAY
11-18-2003, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by 25 Eagle
DCB?
Hmmmmmmm! Interesting.

bordsmnj
11-18-2003, 08:57 PM
MEEE!:yuk: I, am the worst boat maker! :yuk:
:D

NorCal Gameshow
11-18-2003, 08:58 PM
mrs. b used to cook those in mayberry:D

phebus
11-18-2003, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by riodog
Oh yeah, what's an OPI ONION? That is someone's stinking opinion. :yuk:

LASERRAY
11-18-2003, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by riodog
Laserray, WHY do you want to know who's boats are the WORST? What chu plannen? You gonna go buy a POS and then try and sue da maker for the "big bucks"? Go for it!
Oh yeah, what's an OPI ONION?
Rio:confused:
Ahhh Yea Dog! Das right. I jus' be lookin' for an angle to gets over on someone!:D

LASERRAY
11-18-2003, 09:13 PM
Where is Bayliner made......................................

bordsmnj
11-18-2003, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by NorCal Gameshow
mrs. b used to cook those in mayberry:D
idunno but when life's good her cooking does help me flush a good sized one down the toilet every morning:rolleyes:
it's the little things that count some times, i guess:D

phebus
11-18-2003, 09:20 PM
I juss gots to aks, where be da best shrimp boat be made?

bordsmnj
11-18-2003, 09:21 PM
Louisiana?

LASERRAY
11-18-2003, 09:37 PM
There are some walking Tuna boats up in my hood!:yuk: :yuk: :yuk:

LASERRAY
11-18-2003, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by RiverDave
Well I'll start with one even though I haven't had the pleasure of actually going through one.. (don't have too)
WaterRod is on my short list of worst mfg's.. :)
I'll wait for someone else to kick one in before I keep on trekkin here. LOL
RD
Ok RD. Now were getting somewhere.

LASERRAY
11-18-2003, 10:36 PM
Comman.........Ah, never mind!

LASERRAY
11-18-2003, 11:17 PM
Well, this looks like the end of this thread. I'm glad to see that really aren't ANY bad boat makers out there. Thanks for the sole response RD.

LASERRAY
11-18-2003, 11:20 PM
You ready for my 2nd boat?
RD Yessum. I guess you're the only one in here with enough balls to state your op.

jbtrailerjim
11-18-2003, 11:20 PM
You ready for my 2nd boat?
RD
Yep. But you didn't say why you don't like Water Rod's

LASERRAY
11-18-2003, 11:27 PM
RD, MORE MORE MORE...........................

LASERRAY
11-18-2003, 11:36 PM
How come I'm the only one posting in here?
# 3 - Team Hawaiian
RD Balls and knowledge..........

LASERRAY
11-18-2003, 11:42 PM
Keep going Or: Compile a RD'd bottom 10 list. :confused:

jbtrailerjim
11-18-2003, 11:43 PM
How come I'm the only one posting in here?
# 3 - Team Hawaiian
RD
I have a couple opinions but I don't want to offend anyone because some of the people who frequent here own them.

LASERRAY
11-18-2003, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by jbtrailerjim
I have a couple opinions but I don't want to offend anyone because some of the people who frequent here own them. Well, if it makes you feel better, as I stated in the open it is ONLY AN OPINION. This is a forum and we shouldn't be afraid of offending. That somewhat undermines the whole premise.

jbtrailerjim
11-18-2003, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by LASERRAY
Well, if it makes you feel better, as I stated in the open it is ONLY AN OPINION. This is a forum and we shouldn't be afraid of offending. That somewhat undermines the whole premise.
Well in that case. **** it. Aftershock & Commander. I visited both of them when I was shopping for a new boat. Not impressed at all with either one. But they are much higher quality than the ones RD mentioned.

LASERRAY
11-18-2003, 11:58 PM
I think if I climbed too much farther up the totum pole so to speak... some people would start to get offended. ;) If your ever thinking about buying what you think might be a "shitbox" just give me a call and I'll give you my honest opinion about it..
Late last year I gave an honest opinion about a boat though, and then earlier this year I revised that opinion (newer boat mfg) to something better but not "fantastik" in any event to make a long story short... I just so happened to run into one of the riggers of said boat company at a bar in Parker and he was being a "tough guy" more or less.. the next day at another bar I ran into the owner of the company and some other employees and they weren't overly friendly either.. (As in things were kinda sour)
When shit like that starts effecting my river trips is about when I quit posting things like that.. so you'll understand my reluctance, particularly if the mfg's (just becuase I think there a shitbox) didn't necesarrily wrong me in anyway.. I probably shouldn't be more or less taking food off there plates.
RD Understood, and I respect your position on that. Especially with the number of irons in the fire. I just set out to pick the brains of the wise, and I think the wise came forward. Thanks. as far as me, I just picked up my new boat on Saturday and needless to say i'm very happy with it. See profile for Make/Model. Thanks again :cool:

blownmoney
11-19-2003, 12:03 AM
tahiti has to be on rd's list!!

LASERRAY
11-19-2003, 12:07 AM
Well I'm very happy that you like your new boat. :) I am sure it will give you years of trouble free service. I'm counting on it.
RD :D

LASERRAY
11-19-2003, 12:08 AM
Well I'm very happy that you like your new boat. :) I am sure it will give you years of trouble free service.
RD
I'm counting on it!:D

superdave013
11-19-2003, 05:43 AM
in any event to make a long story short... I just so happened to run into one of the riggers of said boat company at a bar in Parker and he was being a "tough guy" more or less.. the next day at another bar I ran into the owner of the company and some other employees and they weren't overly friendly either.. (As in things were kinda sour)
When shit like that starts effecting my river trips is about when I quit posting things like that.. so you'll understand my reluctance, particularly if the mfg's (just becuase I think there a shitbox) didn't necesarrily wrong me in anyway.. I probably shouldn't be more or less taking food off there plates.
RD
Hey RD, I don't think you will run into the owner of Rayson Craft for awhile. You should be safe from him at the Thanksgiving races.

Itsahobby
11-19-2003, 06:03 AM
Hmm, which Rayson Craft? You know there are two.
Hobby
Originally posted by superdave013
Hey RD, I don't think you will run into the owner of Rayson Craft for awhile. You should be safe from him at the Thanksgiving races.

superdave013
11-19-2003, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by Itsahobby
Hmm, which Rayson Craft? You know there are two.
Hobby
Well if you count the guy up north and Rudy there is 3. It's not those 2 so you should be able to figure it out.

boxscore
11-19-2003, 07:43 AM
BOSTON WHALER = Worst Boat Made
How exciting can boating be w/o the risk of sinking?

Itsahobby
11-19-2003, 08:27 AM
Already had it figured, just want to make sure everyone else
understands:D
Is Rudy still making boats?
Proud owner of a DeFir RaysonCraft.
Hobby
Originally posted by superdave013
Well if you count the guy up north and Rudy there is 3. It's not those 2 so you should be able to figure it out.

phebus
11-19-2003, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by LASERRAY
Thanks. as far as me, I just picked up my new boat on Saturday and needless to say i'm very happy with it. See profile for Make/Model. Thanks again :cool: Thank goodness you didn't buy a Commander. CommanderRay just doesn't seem to fit!! :D

rivercrazy
11-19-2003, 09:07 AM
I gotta agree with what's been said in this thread do far.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
11-19-2003, 09:59 AM
[i]
I think aftershocks are the worst, RD [/B]
I'm gonna not take that personally! :D :D

1stepcloser
11-19-2003, 10:05 AM
I'm kind of surprised that Cobra has not been mentioned here.

rivercrazy
11-19-2003, 10:09 AM
The Cobra's I've looked at over the past year actually seemed pretty darn nice.

jbtrailerjim
11-19-2003, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by rivercrazy
The Cobra's I've looked at over the past year actually seemed pretty darn nice.
I think so too but they better get a better salesman (Hernando) than they have now. I've heard a lot of complaints about him. He was alright to me the few times I went in there though.

1stepcloser
11-19-2003, 10:13 AM
RC, I live pretty close to them, as a matter of fact I stopped in the showroom last week, just to look around.
I agree with you, they are "pretty nice" boats.
I seem to recall that they have been beat up around here before, thats all.
Seems alot of upstarts get beat up around here, actually.
:cool:

Starloans
11-19-2003, 10:38 AM
I have a question. When you look in the magazine at the Ultras, Cobras and I think its Lazer, they kinda all look the same. Is there any relation? I've seen splash threads before and I don't want to start any shit, and they all look nice and I never really heard anything really bad. Are they the same mold with diff rigging? I'm pretty sure in my short boating life that Ultra was first. :confused:

rivercrazy
11-19-2003, 10:47 AM
Laser is an offshoot of Essex.
Lightning is an offshoot of Ultra.

Havasu_Dreamin
11-19-2003, 10:57 AM
I think Ultra has ceased to make the lightning line. Essex still makes the Laser line.

rivercrazy
11-19-2003, 11:09 AM
I think Essex, Cobra, or Ultra names really don't belong in this thread. Essex to me is a really top shelf builder

RiverToysJas
11-19-2003, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Havasu_Dreamin
I think Ultra has ceased to make the lightning line. Essex still makes the Laser line.
I think John will still build you a Lightning, if you want one. Less frills at a lower price, is all that is.
RTJas :D

Starloans
11-19-2003, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by rivercrazy
I think Essex, Cobra, or Ultra names really don't belong in this thread. Essex to me is a really top shelf builder
Don't know much about the Essex. Sounds nice though.
Maybe I'll trade up. Whada ya think I can get for my 04 DCB 28 Extreme with 525? 40-50K? :D

SCUBA STEVE
11-19-2003, 11:42 AM
Surprisingly enough I could actually see myself buying a commander.
I think aftershocks are the worst, but they have a new hull out called a 21 Tornado that has peaked my curiosity.
RD
You trying to get me mad!!! :mad: ;) :D
I knew I should have threw you over board that one time. :D

SCUBA STEVE
11-19-2003, 11:52 AM
Good come back... lol :D
Hey I wasnt offended at all. I know my boat isnt the shiznitz but it gets the job done and thats all that matters to me. :D
But just remember you might get thrown out next time... :D ;)
btw my friend has a 27' violater. ;) :D
Oh and I was at the shop the other day and saw a violater with a "roll bar" that thing looked trick, but weird at the same time. :cool:

Jbb
11-19-2003, 12:01 PM
I would not buy a boat from Bubbles Speed and Marine ...Their Spokesman is Too Fat!
btw...what ever happened to 00fatso?
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/860post-7-1060969237-med.jpg

Jbb
11-19-2003, 12:15 PM
Bubbles Rocks...!
But I would still lose the spokesman!.....:D

jbtrailerjim
11-19-2003, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by RiverToysJas
I think John will still build you a Lightning, if you want one. Less frills at a lower price, is all that is.
RTJas :D
John has sold all the Lightning molds to Ultra of San Fernando Valley. I believe after the first of the year Ultra of San Fernando Valley will not be selling Ultra Boats anymore. I'm not sure if Ultra of S.F.V. are going to be selling there own boats under the Lightning name or not.

INFINITEJJ
11-19-2003, 04:33 PM
How about this, if you have a question about a certain mfg why don't you just ask and I'll give you my opinion of it..
RD
Sorry to put you on the spot, but what do you think about Cheetah boats? particularly the scorpian 23'. Please be honest. Thank you.

bear down
11-19-2003, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by jbtrailerjim
I think so too but they better get a better salesman (Hernando) than they have now. I've heard a lot of complaints about him. He was alright to me the few times I went in there though.
They definitely need to toss that modern day Hippie. Not only because he bashes Eliminator constantly but also because he says that I would tear up my legs with the external hinges on my engine hatch and that Cobra does not use those which should be one of the main reasons I should buy a Cobra. I gave the guy another chance and sent a friend to take a look at their boats and he paid attention to his "DOG" than he did us. I think that guy has some social issues.