PDA

View Full Version : A couple of new Computer/DSL questions

Flying Tiger
11-26-2003, 09:25 PM
I dropped my dail up Compuserve after the pop ups and spam became unmanageable.
My new SBC DSL is tighter than whale pussy, that is, water tight when it comes to spam and pops.
My new computer with windows XP home edition is a bit different.
My question is: I used to right click a pic, then click on properties and highlight properties to capture that pic with my old windows 98.
Now my windows XP if I right click, I don't get the properties option.
Sooo, how do I capture the properties info to hang on to the pic to post??? Or is it now done a different way???
Thanks,, I appreciate any help on that.
And man o man it's nice having spam and pop up blocker.

Kilrtoy
11-26-2003, 09:26 PM
I think you have to change the controller(SETUP) in the computer then it should work. I may be wrong

1stepcloser
11-26-2003, 09:28 PM
I run XP at home with a cable, but its the same to capture a picture...that is right click, click on properties, highlight...same as 98 or 2000.....

Flying Tiger
11-26-2003, 09:30 PM
Nope, I right click, and everything is offered except properties.
Could:" Yahoo default browser" be the problem???

ultimate1
11-26-2003, 11:40 PM
riodog after reading these forums sometimes the things you write make me LMAO thanks for the witty remarks.

Flying Tiger
11-27-2003, 05:02 AM
Originally posted by riodog
Flying PussyCat, click Start, go to Settings, click Control Panel, right click on Mouse. choose the options, ie- how you want it to behave (set-up). Now you can be a Tiger again.
Riodog:D
Thanks.
I followed you instructions, but didn't find anything that would change my mouse behavior.
Anything else I may have missed or miss clicked?
Thanks

Elk Chaser
11-27-2003, 05:28 AM
I really do not think there is any way to change the picture menu in Windows XP and I know for darn sure the mouse options has nothing to do with it except to change the button properties. And as much as I hate AOL and what it does to your computer I really do not think that it has anything to do with it either but then again AOL is not a friendly program.
The Pic Menu "Properties" should be at the bottom of the menu after "add to favorites".
What do you see at the bottom of your menu when you right click on a pic?
What do you see at the bottom when you right click on a blank area of this page?
And what do you see at the bottom when you right click on your desktop?

HOSS
11-27-2003, 08:01 AM
I have XP professional and I just highlight then save, it goes to my documents.

Hud
11-27-2003, 08:43 AM
Left click on the picture, then right click on it and click properties, then highlight!

Elk Chaser
11-27-2003, 09:24 AM
You don't have to left click at all. Just right click and the menu pops up. Hoss has it right too, you can just highlight and save, unless you just want to get the URL then you have to right click and go to properties.

bigq
11-27-2003, 09:59 AM
Is it a new system?
Has it always done this?
Is the properties listed but you can't click it or is it totaly missing from the short cut menu?

Flying Tiger
11-27-2003, 10:51 AM
Yes, it's a new system.
Right click on a pic brings the menu, but no properties option at the bottom to click on.
If I right click the page I'll get properties,, but if I right click on any pic,, everything else except properties appears in the menu..

comin' unscrewed
11-27-2003, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Flying Tiger
Could:" Yahoo default browser" be the problem???
I'm not familiar with this. Does this mean you aren't using Windows Internet Explorer?