PDA

View Full Version : So how annoying was the family at Thanksgiving Dinner???

Mandelon
11-27-2003, 07:42 PM
Well? Anyone get drunk and tell little Jimmy he was adopted?
My mom, who is 80 plus, could take us all for about an hour and a half and then asked to be taken back home.. She sees us a few times a year. Twenty minutes is good enough I guess. :rolleyes:
Sister and hubby from Tempe, met up with their college aged kids at their condo in Riverside. Mom came in from Pasadena, and we drove up from San Diego. Nice short trip. Good food, and I am already home. Even traffic wasn't too bad. No real drama.
Mom's giving up her car. 40 years of diabetes and 4 years of Parkinson's starting to take their toll.:( Oh yeah and a lifetime of bad attitude, too!! :D :D
Happy Turkey Day Everybody!!

Dr. Eagle
11-27-2003, 07:45 PM
First time ever, we didn't have TG here.

phebus
11-27-2003, 07:55 PM
I had to work today, and thought I had escaped the in-laws. My wifes idea of a bad joke was to load up the car and bring them for a visit to the fire station. Now, my ears are bleeding because they don't stop talking, and my wife has the biggest smirk on her face I think I've ever seen. Paybacks are a bitch.... :mad:

JetBoatRich
11-27-2003, 08:41 PM
Mandelon was that a good story?
Ours was cool, picked my dad up around 10 and brought him over here. He had a few strokes over the years and needs help to get around. We hung out all day, watched football, etc. Then ate this:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/78MVC-294L-med.JPG
Just got back from running him home.

Kilrtoy
11-27-2003, 08:46 PM
Went to the wifes, brothers wifes house.
Different side of the family i've never met.
well we had Fried turkey , green beans, collard greens, mac n cheese, sweet potato pie and some other stuff Ive never had.
It was different and LOUD up in that house

rrrr
11-27-2003, 08:59 PM
I left the folks house around 4:30, drove out to the lake and fished off the dock for a while. In just over an hour I caught 9 nice white bass, one of them was 16 inches long, just 1/2" short of the lake record.
Beats the shit out of playing Trivial Pursuit. :D :D
I'm one of those that thinks Thanksgiving is a good holiday except for the fact you have to hang out with your relatives.

77charger
11-27-2003, 09:59 PM
well i had to see a dipsit brother whos only concern is how much everyone else makes in anual salary when the dumb**** is on unemployment who thinks he is worth as much as everyone else:mad:
BTW he thinks i am aloser:D and thinks i have no life i tell him i own a home my boat is paid for as well as my toybox,gun col,dive gear,dirtbikes,etcand am happy in life

CEO
11-27-2003, 11:32 PM
We had a great dinner. Myself ,wifew the 3 small ones, my Bro-in-law, and his new girlfriend!!! Wow, what a looker, I didn't give a shit what the meal tasted like this chick was a rocket. She made the over done turkey go down like wine;)

TheLurker
11-27-2003, 11:37 PM
Nothing unusual here I had a nice big Turkey dinner with the whole famile, wife, kids, parents, gradparents, uncle and cousins
then came to work and did it again.
Who has those applications to the Big Belly Club

manuel
11-28-2003, 05:46 AM
A properly cooked turkey,
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/showphoto.php?photo=34779

HOSS
11-28-2003, 07:50 AM
Pool is dark brown almost black(Polaris is running but can`t ****in` see it). Month old GE refridgerator went out Threw out everything at about 4:30am today. 2 days ago wife scrapes a base to a building or light pole leaving gym. Friend comes by last night to tell me he is ****ed up and pukes in my garden. Family gig wasn`t any probs this year though. ****in` amazing, no arguments, I didn`t get smoked and the wife worked overnight.
Well they`ve always said you can`t have good without bad. I think I`m gonna get smoked tonight. Make it a Bud light.:confused:

Mandelon
11-28-2003, 07:52 AM
Hoss, do us a favor and go hide the camera now!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D

HOSS
11-28-2003, 07:56 AM
:D
:yuk: And take the fun outa everything?

cc322
11-28-2003, 03:09 PM
We had a good time at my sisters housr in Muiereta? Except the drive. We live down in south oc and decided to take the 5 south to 78e to the 15n and the 5 was a dead stop . It took us 2.5 hours to get from mission viejo to muiereta. Hell it took us 1.5 just to get to san clemente. Than on the way home we decided to take the 91 :mad: that took 2 hours got home about 11.30 last night aint goin nowhere the rest of the weekend:yuk:

Froggystyle
11-28-2003, 03:32 PM
I am not saying this to trivialize Thansgiving... especially since I absolutely decided for certain not to have kids... but nothing could have gone wrong this year after the scare we got with the fires. I think of the peeps without homes right now to have dinner at, and just feel the worst case of survivors guilt ever. :confused: Then I think of my teammates in Iraq or the Philipines right now and realize they are eating MRE's for leftovers.
Such is life though. We were certainly thankful for what we have.

phebus
11-28-2003, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by HOSS
:D
:yuk: And take the fun outa everything?
Hey Hoss, does that make you a needle dick? :D :confused: :D

Kilrtoy
11-28-2003, 03:44 PM
Even that one has things popping out of it....