PDA

View Full Version : what would you rather have??????

Kilrtoy
11-27-2003, 09:33 PM
A 80K
Sports car or a
Boat
Tuff choice....

TheLurker
11-27-2003, 09:33 PM
Easy choice a boat :D

svlperry
11-27-2003, 09:34 PM
80k to by a bigger boat

phebus
11-27-2003, 09:37 PM
I can't afford either, so I would take the boat. They will finance it longer...... The American way!!:D :D :D

JetBoatRich
11-27-2003, 09:40 PM
I would probably take the boat, free and clear right?

Kilrtoy
11-27-2003, 09:45 PM
I thought boat too.
then I got nice and drunk and said, damn, at best I will only use it 30 days out of the year, maybe 40 days.
Car every day.........
So now we are talking car

JetBoatRich
11-27-2003, 09:51 PM
You could get away with the sports car, probaby get me a few tickets:mad: tough when you are doing 100 and it feels like 65.

Dr. Eagle
11-27-2003, 09:56 PM
BWOAD
Boat With Out A Doubt..
:D

Kilrtoy
11-27-2003, 09:57 PM
True and tickets cost cash especially at 100plus. The fine starts a 1k and goes up every mile an hour.....
that can cost....
but at least I would ,,,Correction SHE would use it every day

TheLurker
11-27-2003, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
I thought boat too.
then I got nice and drunk and said, damn, at best I will only use it 30 days out of the year, maybe 40 days.
Car every day.........
So now we are talking car
If I decided to spend $80,000 I would still take the boat for 30/40 days a year over a car.
Just give me a nice truck to drive and im happy

Dr. Eagle
11-27-2003, 10:23 PM
True and tickets cost cash especially at 100plus. The fine starts a 1k and goes up every mile an hour.....
that can cost....
but at least I would ,,,Correction SHE would use it every day
Yep and she'd be looking mighty fine in it too Kilr!!!

Kilrtoy
11-27-2003, 10:40 PM
I just cant bring myself to spend that on something that has very little technology to it....

JetBoatRich
11-27-2003, 10:41 PM
I just cant bring myself to spend that on something that has very little technology to it....
Talking about the boat?

Kilrtoy
11-27-2003, 10:42 PM
Yep

JetBoatRich
11-27-2003, 10:44 PM
Yep
Craftsmanship has al ot to do with it, how they ride, etc.....
This could have a opinions on this subject;)

Kilrtoy
11-27-2003, 10:47 PM
Ford chevy I dont care pick one,Spends more money on a suspension for one car than any boat dealer man spent on his whole fleet.
but yet i blow up a motor in my mustang or f150 its 5k to replace it.
yet a boat motor HP500 34K. Give me a break, Thats BS
Thats the part I find hard to swallow.
Dont get me wrong there is alot of Craftmans ship in a boat.
But when a man spent 2 mil just to reduce the drag on a truck and then sells it for 26 K.....
That is what im talking about

Jungle Boy
11-27-2003, 10:50 PM
I have have the baots, so I'll take the car. When do I get it?

TheLurker
11-27-2003, 10:53 PM
I wouldent say that a car has more technology than a boat.
With a car you have the technology in the engine, drive system aerodynamics, egronomics and styling.
In a boat you have the technology in the engine, drive system Hydrodynamics(is that a word) Hull design and styling
I would call it about even

TheLurker
11-27-2003, 10:55 PM
Ford chevy I dont care pick one,Spends more money on a suspension for one car than any boat dealer man spent on his whole fleet.
but yet i blow up a motor in my mustang or f150 its 5k to replace it.
yet a boat motor HP500 34K. Give me a break, Thats BS
Thats the part I find hard to swallow.
Dont get me wrong there is alot of Craftmans ship in a boat.
But when a man spent 2 mil just to reduce the drag on a truck and then sells it for 26 K.....
That is what im talking about
Thats called volumn discount More cars sold than boats

Kilrtoy
11-27-2003, 10:56 PM
Pick a car maker and a boat maker
what is the difference in R&D in terms of money
I guarentee you in in the millions on one item
but yet the car is cheaper.
Im not picking on anyone
A porsche for 80 k has millions and millions in research
a DCB for 80 has how much in research???????
Food for thought

Rocket2003
11-27-2003, 11:02 PM
BOAT! :eek:

TheLurker
11-27-2003, 11:04 PM
I wouldent dispute that car makers spend more in R&D than boat makers but is the higher dollar amount due to the money being well spent or just the cost of a more bloated system and more government regulations for autos.
Also cars do have a few more needs than boats do like the transmissions anti-lock brakes etc

rrrr
11-27-2003, 11:04 PM
Seems like an easy choice if you do a comparison.
My brother is hot for the ultimate ski boat, so I know that a new 28' Master Craft X-30 with some options is $85K. A new Maserati coupe costs the same.
I got to drive the Maserati a few days ago. The interior is typical Italian workmanship, unbelieveable. It isn't obscenely powered, only 390 HP but it will do 0-60 in 4.8 seconds and tops out at 177 MPH.
You could have fun in the Maserati every day, or haul that big turd of a ski boat around on the weekends....... :D :D

Kilrtoy
11-27-2003, 11:07 PM
so I know that a new 28' Master Craft X-30 with some options is $85K. A new Maserati coupe costs the same.
What ,
Now i need a drink
dont get me wrong If I was loaded it would be no big deal to waste cash.
I just feel the boat industry is way over blown.
Its a matter of time the economy really craps out and then these boats will come down or go out of business

Kilrtoy
11-27-2003, 11:10 PM
2 years is what we are looking at
and these are it, if not the boat
BMW 7 series
Maserati
Saleen sc281E
porsche 911 cab

CEO
11-27-2003, 11:14 PM
Since my boat in the mold at DCB, I will have to say a Yenko Camero, without a doubt;)

CEO
11-27-2003, 11:17 PM
80K would be the down payment on the Yenko, I have seen some go for 110K. I love that car, there is a perfect Yenko in a movie right now, 2 fast - 2 furious:)

Kilrtoy
11-27-2003, 11:18 PM
That is going to be the last toy we buy, An old car that is all suped up.....Actually i wouldnt mind a kit car AC COBRA with a 427 in it,
The real one cost way to much.....

TheLurker
11-27-2003, 11:21 PM
The boat industry is way over blown.
Just defending why if I were going to spend the money
1. I would choose a boat over a car.
2. Why what has more technology would not enter into the
equasion for me.
P.S. With the amount of money that has been pumped into the economy in the last 6 months. The tax cuts really starting to kick in. Inital claims for unemployment being under 400,000 for the last 6 weeks and still going down. Business spending starting to pick up and other signs that the economy is ROARING back, (Just dont look at the government red ink OUCH)
*****I feel the only way that boat builders will come down is if the market gets over saturated. With everyone having 2 foot itis maybe their will be a lot of used boats for sale at a good price just to move them so people can move up.The builders also know how to price their product to their market ****** Just my humble opinion and a big cheer for the economy.

TheLurker
11-27-2003, 11:25 PM
2 years is what we are looking at
and these are it, if not the boat
BMW 7 series
Maserati
Saleen sc281E
porsche 911 cab
From those I would narrow my choice to
BMW740Li or Porsche 911 2 verry different types of cars
Would have a hard time choosing from there with out a lot of seat time in each

Kilrtoy
11-27-2003, 11:27 PM
After seeing how almost everyone is moving up, I have noticed a lot of used boats at great prices. Bottom line
cars a must, Boats are not, That is why they cost so much.

Kilrtoy
11-27-2003, 11:29 PM
The wife is really leaning for those two also, but in two years when the two cars are paid off her mind IM SURE will change.......
She actually said I want the bigger boat go buy it.
I just cant swallow the price........

TheLurker
11-27-2003, 11:32 PM
The wife is really leaning for those two also, but in two years when the two cars are paid off her mind IM SURE will change.......
You got that right. They think once it is paid for it is time for a new one

rrrr
11-27-2003, 11:36 PM
Ooops, I said X-30 but the correct model number is an X-80. It's a 28' sorta cat design.
Gawd that's a bunch of money for a ski boat. :eek: :eek!:

Kilrtoy
11-27-2003, 11:40 PM
You got that right. They think once it is paid for it is time for a new one
Mine thinks once it hits 20k in miles its time for a new one....

TheLurker
11-27-2003, 11:42 PM
LMAO
HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaha

Moomawnster
11-28-2003, 12:05 AM
100 acres of LAND !

Backtanner
11-28-2003, 05:17 AM
My answer to the original question (80K for a boat or sports car?) would be neither. Why throw all that money at something that has the same odds of breaking as something a few years older that has already proven itself and won't lose half it's value as soon as the tires move. I guess if the opportunity presented itself I would rather buy an older boat in the 15K range and then restore it myself if needed or upgrade it on my own.

HammerDown
11-28-2003, 05:53 AM
80 grand would net me a nice used Lambo. The years I liked (late 80's) with the front and rear wing.
Of course I have to sell my boat to pay for the insurance on the Car.:D

MagicMtnDan
11-28-2003, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by HammerDown
80 grand would net me a nice used Lambo. The years I liked (late 80's) with the front and rear wing.
Of course I have to sell my boat to pay for the insurance on the Car.:D
You'll need a pile of money to pay for the repairs on that thing! One of the worst things you can buy used is an old European car. I would never buy a used German car these days - once the warranty runs out you're SOL.
Kilrtoy said
BMW 7 series
Maserati
Saleen sc281E
porsche 911 cab
It's hard to even consider those four cars in the same thread. They're all so different. Of them all I'd say the Porsche is hands down the best ride (I'm sure most of you will disagree and pick the Saleen but there's no comparison unless you're into straight line speed and yes, I do know that the Saleen actually handles well...).
Speaking from experience, I HAD an $80,000 Porsche. And I loved it and took it to the track quite often (road courses not drag strip). I WOULD RATHER HAVE A BOAT.
At the end of the day a car is still just a car. I love cars but whatever it is, you still drive it around in traffic, wash it, park it where others will bang into it and ding it, etc.
When you want to really have fun and enjoy yourself with your wife, friends and family, the boat will provide you a LOT more satisfaction (even if it is "only"approx. 20 times a year). That is assuming you do love boating but that's why you're here, right?!

HammerDown
11-28-2003, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by MagicMtnDan
You'll need a pile of money to pay for the repairs on that thing! One of the worst things you can buy used is an old European car. I would never buy a used German car these days - once the warranty runs out you're SOL.
LOL...I did'nt say I would drive it...just wax it and look at it:D

Jrocket
11-28-2003, 08:56 AM
I already have the boat(DCB),so I'll take an M5.If Tobtek cuts me a sweet deal it might be sooner than I think....Hello Tobtek!!!!!:D

BADBLOWN572
11-28-2003, 09:51 AM
I would feel a lot more satisfaction spending $80k on a boat than on a car. I view a car as a tool to get from one place to another. I view a boat as a form of therapy and escape. How often is it that you plan on taking a drive for weeks prior to the event. I know that I only plan on driving to places so I can use my boat. Even when not on the water, cleaning, fixing, waxing, admiring, etc. are all fun to me. When was the last time that washing your car was considered fun?

jbtrailerjim
11-28-2003, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by MagicMtnDan
At the end of the day a car is still just a car. I love cars but whatever it is, you still drive it around in traffic, wash it, park it where others will bang into it and ding it, etc
When you want to really have fun and enjoy yourself with your wife, friends and family, the boat will provide you a LOT more satisfaction (even if it is "only"approx. 20 times a year). That is assuming you do love boating but that's why you're here, right?! [/B]
I'm with you MMD. I would much rather spend $80K on a boat even though I don't get as much use out of it. I get alot more enjoyment out of cruising my boat around with family and friends
than I would with $80K car.

spectras only
11-28-2003, 10:06 AM
Kilrtoy, one of these just sold for around 40K used , the extra money that left would cover a few years for gas;) :D http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/kavalk29.jpg

Jbb
11-28-2003, 06:25 PM
I have,over the years owned a lot of classic/hot rod cars.....I only wish I had one back......1965 Corvette......
But a (Dare I say)...Custom boat.... for some reason gives me much more satisfaction in ownership.....!