PDA

View Full Version : Resigning from adulthood ...

FMluvswater
11-30-2003, 04:50 PM
Saw this posted elsewhere and decided to share it here cuz I know some people here will be able to relate. ;) :)
I am hereby officially tendering my resignation as an adult:
I have decided I would like to accept the responsibilities of a 6 year-old again.
I want to go to McDonald's and think that it's a four star restaurant and then be able to afford a movie.
I want to sail sticks across a fresh mud puddle and make a sidewalk with rocks and bask in the sun.
I want to think M&Ms are better than money because you can eat them.
I want to lie under a big oak tree with a drippy ice cream cone and run a lemonade stand with my friends on a hot summer's day.
I want to return to a time when life was simple; When all you knew were colors, multiplication tables, and nursery rhymes, but that didn't bother you, because you didn't know what you didn't know and you didn't care.
All you knew was to be happy because you were blissfully unaware of all the things that should make you worried or upset.
I want to think the world is fair. That everyone is honest and good.
I want to believe that anything is possible. I want to be oblivious to the complexities of life and be overly excited by the little things again.
I want to live simple again. I don't want my day to consist of computer crashes, mountains of paperwork, depressing news, how to survive more days in the month than there is money in the bank, doctor bills, gossip, illness, and loss of loved ones.
I want to believe in the power of smiles, hugs, a kind word, truth, justice, peace, dreams, the imagination, mankind, and making angels in the snow.
So . . . here's my checkbook and my car-keys, my credit card bills and my 401K statements. I am officially resigning from adulthood.
And if you want to discuss this further, you'll have to catch me first, cause........
Tag! You're it!

LUVNLIFE
11-30-2003, 05:01 PM
You got that right. I remember when my biggest prob was getting my homework done.:frown:

Hal
11-30-2003, 06:01 PM
Very good FM, How true it is.:)

jbtrailerjim
11-30-2003, 06:07 PM
So true FM. I find myself wishing I was a little kid again all the time. Funny thing is when you are young you can't wait to grow up.:confused:

LASERRAY
11-30-2003, 06:09 PM
What a Buzzkill!!:D :D :D Especially when you consider that life only consists of maybe 60 GOOD years depending on who you talk to. Good Grief Charley Brown!:rolleyes:

FMluvswater
11-30-2003, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by LASERRAY
What a Buzzkill!!:D :D :D Especially when you consider that life only consists of maybe 60 GOOD years depending on who you talk to. Good Grief Charley Brown!:rolleyes:
Okay for absolutely no reason fathomable I have to tell you it startled me when you said Good grief Charley Brown ... there was this older girl when I was around 7 that used to call me Charley Brown ALL THE FREAKING TIME drove me nuts!! Don't even know what started it. I had forgotten all about it until I read your post just now. LMAO! :D Yeah see there's no reason in the world for me to have even said anything about it. Good grief indeed. :rolleyes: :o K bye.

LASERRAY
11-30-2003, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by FMluvswaterbabe
Okay for absolutely no reason fathomable I have to tell you it startled me when you said Good grief Charley Brown ... there was this older girl when I was around 7 that used to call me Charley Brown ALL THE FREAKING TIME drove me nuts!! Don't even know what started it. I had forgotten all about it until I read your post just now. LMAO! :D Yeah see there's no reason in the world for me to have even said anything about it. Good grief indeed. :rolleyes: :o K bye. That's very cool. I'm glad that I could exsume that for you! I hope she was nice to you and that I didn't inadvertantly make you have some weird convulsion laden flashback!:D

FMluvswater
11-30-2003, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by LASERRAY
That's very cool. I'm glad that I could exsume that for you! I hope she was nice to you and that I didn't inadvertantly make you have some weird convulsion laden flashback!:D
Not to worry I'll be fine as soon as I quit laughing! :D Thanks for the memories! :D LMAO!

LASERRAY
11-30-2003, 06:40 PM
You're Welcome.:)