PDA

View Full Version : 1000 watt 12" RF HX2 Sub

sigepmock
03-24-2006, 10:43 AM
So I have this 1000 watt 12" Rockford Fosgate HX2 dual 4 ohm voice coil sub that came out of my last truck....It's a killer sub but it's to damn big to fit into anything I have now...I just bought a new 10" sub for the wife's Tahoe....and now I need another 10" sub for the Rhino...I'd use this sub for the Rhino but I don't have enough power to push it.
So anyone got any left over equipment they want to trade for this monster? I need some 5 x7's, a four channel amp, and 10" sub for the Rhino install, so if you have one or all let me know....
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/5495RF12a-med.jpg
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/5495RF12b-med.jpg
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/5495RF12c-med.jpg
If no one has something to trade ...I'll put it back on the shelf until the next project comes along...
Is this considered spam?????? If so go ahead and move it :cry:
Thanks,
Chris

Cole Trickle
03-24-2006, 10:58 AM
So I have this 1000 watt 12" Rockford Fosgate HX2 dual 4 ohm voice coil sub that came out of my last truck....It's a killer sub but it's to damn big to fit into anything I have now...I just bought a new 10" sub for the wife's Tahoe....and now I need another 10" sub for the Rhino...I'd use this sub for the Rhino but I don't have enough power to push it.
So anyone got any left over equipment they want to trade for this monster? I need some 5 x7's, a four channel amp, and 10" sub for the Rhino install, so if you have one or all let me know....
Thanks,
Chris
Keep the 12 for the Tahoe and use the 10 in the Rhino....
Problem solved and there is lots of room in the back of the Ho for some big bumps :crossx: :crossx: (1 10 won't be enough for carrie;))
Trade you for some eclipse 6x9's :idea:

sigepmock
03-24-2006, 11:01 AM
Keep the 12 for the Tahoe and use the 10 in the Rhino....
Problem solved and there is lots of room in the back of the Ho for some big bumps :crossx: :crossx: (1 10 won't be enough for carrie;))
Trade you for some eclipse 6x9's :idea:
The 10" is getting glassed in the side panel in the rear of the Ho....Carrie want's it on the DL(Closet Pimp she is).
6x9's are too big for my install in the Rhino.....the 12 fits in the Rhino but I'd need a BIGGER amp to even move this sub...
Thanks anyway.... :rollside:

Cole Trickle
03-24-2006, 11:20 AM
The 10" is getting glassed in the side panel in the rear of the Ho....Carrie want's it on the DL(Closet Pimp she is).
6x9's are too big for my install in the Rhino.....the 12 fits in the Rhino but I'd need a BIGGER amp to even move this sub...
Thanks anyway.... :rollside:
Are you going to add a second battery?
Sean's Rhino didn't seem to like the extra draw the bazooka added to the factory charging system.... :220v:

sigepmock
03-24-2006, 11:31 AM
Are you going to add a second battery?
Sean's Rhino didn't seem to like the extra draw the bazooka added to the factory charging system.... :220v:
Yeah the plan is to run a four channel amp, two channels to the 5x7's and two bridged to the sub. I'm thinking a small 10" that's easy to push. I'll probably go with one big battery...or maybe add another small one under the dash. I really wanted to keep the weight down and go with out a sub....but after listening to 5x7's there's so much missing that I think I have to have the sub to enjoy it....
I'm stealing you idea of a speaker behind the dash where the warning label is and then I'm building a small box between the seats attached between the cage crossbar and top of the bed facing forward and up. We'll see how it goes. The sub will go under the driver seat as low as I can get it. Amp????who knows where...

TRUMP TIGHT
03-24-2006, 03:53 PM
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/5495RF12a-med.jpg
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/5495RF12b-med.jpg
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/5495RF12c-med.jpg
If no one has something to trade ...I'll put it back on the shelf until the next project comes along...
Thanks,
Chris
Just what i was looking for you can check out my thread NEED TO JUICE UP THE STEREO! But i have 2 eclipse amps i believe 1 2ch and 1 4ch i can get the specs on monday and would be willing to trade one for the 12.

TRUMP TIGHT
03-24-2006, 03:56 PM
By the way i also have a 10in orion xtr i could throw in with the 4ch.

Havasubum
03-24-2006, 08:38 PM
i have 2 jl 10 wo i may consider selling. going to be upgrading soon ill let you know if interested

sigepmock
03-26-2006, 03:09 PM
Just what i was looking for you can check out my thread NEED TO JUICE UP THE STEREO! But i have 2 eclipse amps i believe 1 2ch and 1 4ch i can get the specs on monday and would be willing to trade one for the 12.
Trump, man I'm glad to see you reply, I just spent the last hour in the garage trying to wedge this 12 into the Rhino and it just aint gonna work. I'm gonna have to use a 10" so you might have just what I need. Please get me the model numbers and specs on the 4 channel and the 10" and we just might have a deal. :crossx:
This 12 " sub loves power, my buddy ran just one of these subs in his Tige boat with a Fosgate 500.1bd and it hit so hard it would "boil" the water outside the hull. I was so impressed I bought this one. It's 1000 watt max 600 watt RMS dual 4 ohm voice coils that I ran in parrallel to 2 ohms....it damn near rattled the windows out of my extra cab Chevy.
Hopefully we can make a deal... :D
Chris

sigepmock
03-29-2006, 02:10 PM
Haven't heard from anyone so I'm just going to buy new $hit and put the 12 back on the shelf for now.....

TRUMP TIGHT
03-30-2006, 05:18 PM
Haven't heard from anyone so I'm just going to buy new $hit and put the 12 back on the shelf for now.....
Sorry i havent gotten back to you. I was told i should keep the amps so that is what im gonna do and i think im going with 4 8s instead of the 12. Good luck on the install and let me know how it turns out.

sigepmock
03-31-2006, 08:37 AM
Sorry i havent gotten back to you. I was told i should keep the amps so that is what im gonna do and i think im going with 4 8s instead of the 12. Good luck on the install and let me know how it turns out.
No problem.....Good luck with your install.