PDA

View Full Version : Nordic Write-up in Hot Boat Magazine - Is It Just Me Or...

MagicMtnDan
12-02-2003, 11:45 PM
did the article (a) sound like a promotional piece for Nordic and (b) make Nordic look like a production line punching out carbon copies of boats?
This could get me in trouble with the Nordic owners around here but reading that article didn't make me feel all warm and fuzzy about their boats. And while it does sound like their production line does a good job assembling boats, it didn't do anything to make me want to buy one.
Something about their goal of producing 4 boats PER DAY in 2004 that doesn't appeal to me...

LASERRAY
12-03-2003, 12:02 AM
Well, what does RD think?:D

Sleek-Jet
12-03-2003, 06:20 AM
So would that make them production or custom???
I'm still confused. :confused:
And don't forget, Nordic has those nice big two page color adds right in the front of the magazine. :D

Essex502
12-03-2003, 06:39 AM
Look at how many dealers Nordic has and the commonality of the gel schemes...kinda' looks like more of a "production" operation than a "custom" operation. I've heard that most Nordic buyers buy the boat from a dealer - off the lot - than order them custom. Only hearsay though. Not knocking the boat at all - just stating an observation.

HavasuDreamin'
12-03-2003, 06:53 AM
Originally posted by Essex502
Look at how many dealers Nordic has and the commonality of the gel schemes...kinda' looks like more of a "production" operation than a "custom" operation. I've heard that most Nordic buyers buy the boat from a dealer - off the lot - than order them custom. Only hearsay though. Not knocking the boat at all - just stating an observation.
It does appear as though Nordic has become a lot more production oriented with specific options on colors and gel schemes, etc. Does anyone know if you can go into the mfg. and order one specific to your wants and needs?

Kilrtoy
12-03-2003, 06:56 AM
IOf they are production, they need to lower their prices.
The dealer out here sure makes them sound production.
HERE is your paint choices and colors, which one do you want?.............

91nordic29
12-03-2003, 07:02 AM
we bought our 1991 last year, used, of course. the previous owner told us that the boat had been one of the "brochure" boats that year (he had the brochure framed and wouldnt part with it). we met lonnie fluent at the boat show lasy january here in phoenix and we asked why our boat didnt have "heat" in the description and told him that the surveyor had measured it at 29 ft (actually 28.9). he told us that orville wanted to see what a 29 would be like and made three of them before he decided he didnt like the looks of it (??). i dont suppose that any of the three have the same color scheme, so i guess we do have one that is "custom". i didnt really like the colors on ours but now i appreciate the "unique - ness" of it.
our finance company said that they considered nordic a custom boat maker because they dont make over a certain number of boats per year.

Jungle Boy
12-03-2003, 07:11 AM
As long as the guy the drives away with the boat attached to his bumper is happy, then that's all that really counts. I'm wondering if I can call my Ford truck "Custom" cause I sat down and ordered it off the spec sheet and choose my options.

Essex502
12-03-2003, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by HavasuDreamin'
It does appear as though Nordic has become a lot more production oriented with specific options on colors and gel schemes, etc. Does anyone know if you can go into the mfg. and order one specific to your wants and needs?
I've heard - again hearsay - that you can go to the factory and order them, but the builder really resists this and is hard to work with. Take that statement for what it is...hearsay.
A custom should almost be a blank seat of paper except for the mold the boat is poured in. The buyer shuld be able to pick and choose just about everything - within reason - including gelcoat schemes and colors. Maybe you have to pay for the options/customizations you want, but otherwise what are you getting...a product boat that looks like every other one of the same model.

HavasuDreamin'
12-03-2003, 08:06 AM
Well I know from first hand experience that Nordic use to be custom back in the 80's. You could go in and pick out what ever you wanted, gel scheme, etc. I also know that the owner Orville (sp?) is tough to deal with. :(
Back in the day they were great boats, but the production amounts were a lot lower than they are today. How well are they constructed today being that they are trying to produce 4 boats per day? :confused:

beyondhelpin
12-03-2003, 10:00 AM
Why is everyone here so hung up on custom or not?
If its well made and its what you want what does it matter?:confused:

Jungle Boy
12-03-2003, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by beyondhelpin
Exactly

HavasuDreamin'
12-03-2003, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by beyondhelpin
If they are still made well, it isn't an issue. I don't know how well they are made these days which is why I asked the question in my previous post. I would think that increasing your production significantly would result in cutting some corners here and there though. At 364 days in a year and 4 boats per day, that is 1,456 boats per year. :eek!: That is a lot of boats.
Again, not saying they aren't (still) great boats, I just don't know anymore and I am curious.

Essex502
12-03-2003, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Jungle Boy
Exactly
Some folks are happy with Bayliners and some folks want to buy a total custom...most are somewhere in the middle.
Different tweaks for different freaks.:D

Back To Havasu
12-03-2003, 11:38 AM
I can from personal experience state two reasons why Nordic would rather sell through dealers. 1) Nordic doesn't want to see or work on their boats after sale, and 2) if someone deals with Orval, especially after sale, it can become a public relations nightmare for Nordic. Just my $.02 as a former Nordic owner.:cool:

MagicMtnDan
12-03-2003, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by titties and beer
MMD, BLOW ME :D :D
Ah, whattayou care, you're selling that Nor-dick anways! :D

shockwavebd
12-03-2003, 06:16 PM
I have spent alot of time with the nordic boy's from RRX.com on and around there boats they are fast and well built .They are all very nice my only complaint is the use of graphics.......I think they are lacking in that department
just my .02
.......Barry

beyondhelpin
12-03-2003, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by HavasuDreamin'
If they are still made well, it isn't an issue. I don't know how well they are made these days which is why I asked the question in my previous post. I would think that increasing your production significantly would result in cutting some corners here and there though. At 364 days in a year and 4 boats per day, that is 1,456 boats per year. :eek!: That is a lot of boats.
Again, not saying they aren't (still) great boats, I just don't know anymore and I am curious.
Are all customs great boats?!:D

aztommy
12-03-2003, 07:09 PM
GO KACHINA FOR THE CUSTOM BOAT AND FOR THE $$$$SPENT BEST DEAL OUT THERE

PHX ATC
12-03-2003, 07:17 PM
I own a Nordic 25 Rage, 2003 edition. I did purchase it off the lot, just because I didn't know any better, this was our first performance boat.
Personally, just me though, I could give a rat's butt about whether or not a boat builder has been given the "custom" nameplate. Call it distinction, difference, whatever, as soon as an owner modifies it one little iota, it's custom to them.
I liked the way Nordics were built, the way they looked, the recommendations of others. Still do. I love our boat.
I will second the consensus of Nordic's awesome customer service department. Awesomely pathetic , piss poor, waste of time, customer service. What a joke. They are so weak, sad, and totally freakin irresponsible it has just about driven me to drop them off the list when we look for our next larger boat. Their loss, so I guess if they want to produce 4 boats a day, they're only going to sell 3 on one day now, because that 1 I was eventually gonna buy, just dropped into the great black abyss.

wildbillg
12-03-2003, 07:45 PM
I work at a dealership that sells Nordic Power Boats. You have to take what they say in a magazine for with it is worth, there is NO WAY they will ever build that many boats in a year. Right now they are doing about 120 a year or less out of those boats my dealership has sold about 1/3 of thier production for the year (about 40 boats). As far as the idea of gel coat, we will help you design anything you might want as long as you are willing to pay for the time to do it (just like all the builders out there), I have had many buyers sit down and order thier boats from the factory (not really dealing with the factory) but dealing with the dealer instead. Yes many of the people that do purchase them do buy them from "off the lot" they are the ones that want to be on the lake boating and not waiting for thier custom boat to be built. The boats that we order for our lot are the ones we feel sell the fastest and are most popular patterns.
Im sure any of the builders out there would LOVE to build 4 boats a day, but when you are building a boat from scracth and by hand as all nordics are including the trailer, to put whatever available options on that boat takes time and effort on behalf of the builder.
Most buyers dont want to wait the 8 weeks or more to get thier boat so they buy form our stock patterns.
If you have any questions on the line of Nordic Boats or if you want a factory tour, please feel free to call me and I can arrage this for you.
I have owned several of these boats and I personaly think they are a very well built boat, and a very fast hull, hell if i didnt think so I would have never bought them before I stared to sell them.
Feel free to come and visit us at the Los Angeles boat show in January.
Bill Gardner
The Boat Brokers INC.
Lake Havasu City, Az.
1-800-488-0258- ext232

shockwavebd
12-03-2003, 08:26 PM
As far as the idea of gel coat, we will help you design anything you might want as long as you are willing to pay for the time to do it (just like all the builders out there),
This not a true statement ,shockwave and I know of others DO NOT Charge extra for gel coat .....unlimted colors and graphics inside and out
.........Barry

playdeep
12-03-2003, 08:28 PM
A friend of mine used to be a Nordic dealer...
Anybody want to add Carl Kostner(Cal Custom) into the equation...It just might add a little light on the subject.

shockwavebd
12-03-2003, 08:29 PM
to many look like dogs (spots);) :D :D :D
LMFAO :D ...................kenny and his spots:wink:

dr. margarita
12-03-2003, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by PHX ATC
I will second the consensus of Nordic's awesome customer service department. Awesomely pathetic , piss poor, waste of time, customer service. What a joke. They are so weak, sad, and totally freakin irresponsible it has just about driven me to drop them off the list when we look for our next larger boat. Their loss, so I guess if they want to produce 4 boats a day, they're only going to sell 3 on one day now, because that 1 I was eventually gonna buy, just dropped into the great black abyss.
OUCH!

MagicMtnDan
12-03-2003, 11:42 PM
Aren't Nordic hulls on the light side (in terms of weight)? From what I recall seeing their weights are lighter than many other boat makers' hulls.
Re: the spotted hulls, Kenny isn't the only one with black spots - I saw one recently (was it in Hot Boat mag's reader's rides?) that was even uglier (more spots). :eek:

91nordic29
12-04-2003, 06:43 AM
"Aren't Nordic hulls on the light side (in terms of weight)? From what I recall seeing their weights are lighter than many other boat makers' hulls"
somebody correct me if i am wrong, but i dont think so....

Ricardo Cabeza
12-04-2003, 07:25 AM
Maybe you brought your dissatisfaction on yourself.
I sure see a lot of "Awesomely pathetic , piss poor, waste of time" customers in the consumer market.
I own a Nordic 25 Rage, 2003 edition. I did purchase it off the lot, just because I didn't know any better, this was our first performance boat.
Personally, just me though, I could give a rat's butt about whether or not a boat builder has been given the "custom" nameplate. Call it distinction, difference, whatever, as soon as an owner modifies it one little iota, it's custom to them.
I liked the way Nordics were built, the way they looked, the recommendations of others. Still do. I love our boat.

Tremor Therapy
12-04-2003, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by shockwavebd
This not a true statement ,shockwave and I know of others DO NOT Charge extra for gel coat .....unlimted colors and graphics inside and out
.........Barry
Exactly Barry! When I was looking to buy my new boat last November, I had narrowed it down to 2, a Nordic 28 Heat, or a 25 Shockwave Tremor.
When it came right down to it, I chose Shockwave over Nordic. Why.....first the customer service I had received from Shockwave on my previous boat. I bought that boat used from a private party, and Barry at Shockwave never questioned me for any of the information or service I needed. Second, when I went in with my suggestions for gel-coat and interior colors and designs, there was no additional charges for everything that I wanted.
Now I made the mistake of going to Nordic in Havasu to ask for some of the same things that I had already asked for from Shockwave, and was basically ignored, and finally shown the door. Does this mean Nordic makes a production boat.....not by any means. But it did point out the glaring differences between how one boat builder deals with a potential customer, and how another deals with a potential customer!

Ricardo Cabeza
12-04-2003, 07:29 AM
3/4" balsa core in a 35 hardly qualifies as light.
Might help if, instead of speaking in generalities, you quoted
a few facts and sources.
I've ultrasonic thickness tested both a Donzi 28 and Nordic 28
and the Nordic is thicker. Driven both, and the Nordic doesn't
sound hollow when it pounds like the Donzi does.
Originally posted by 91nordic29
"Aren't Nordic hulls on the light side (in terms of weight)? From what I recall seeing their weights are lighter than many other boat makers' hulls"
somebody correct me if i am wrong, but i dont think so....

PHX ATC
12-04-2003, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by Ricardo Cabeza
Maybe you brought your dissatisfaction on yourself.
I sure see a lot of "Awesomely pathetic , piss poor, waste of time" customers in the consumer market.
You're right, maybe I did. I might have brought some dissatisfaction on myself, but it wasn't due to lack of trying the proper channels and taking the appropriate course of action first. Since you see many poor customers in the market, I'm sure you're familiar with how they react: which way is "proper" to achieve agreeable results for both parties and which way is "improper." It appears you are hintingly familiar with my story on one side, yet a call to arms has been placed. Me thinks he doth protest too much.
I am completely okay with my dissatisfaction of Nordic customer service. I'm at peace with my decision to have realized that Nordic's customer service is sorely lacking. They have none. Period. I don't think they know what it is. They should put a disclaimer on their voice mail that says people should only be calling here if you want to spend money, not after you've already spent money here and have a question/concern. I digress. I honestly tell folk about their lack of service, support, and care with a smile on my face.
I'm okay with them being completely out of my boat's life now. I can have the last laugh. Matter of fact, I'm having it right now. I don't have any sour grapes in my basket, just wine and cheese baby, because I can tell other folks about their lack of assistance and customer service after the sale. Watch out! I tell my story with honesty and integrity. It's my opinion and take it for what it is worth. They can do 2 things with it, ignore it or listen to it. I've no problem with either.
Without "waste of time customers" in the market, the consumer market would be hurting. Sure, we all hate them and don't like dealing with them, but wouldn't the message be a greater message for the sorry customer who was turned around by a great customer service oriented boat builder than the one who started happy and had a bad experience? You betcha.
I stopped at Nordic during our last stay at Lake Havasu and politely asked for a tour. I was told that they didn't have time after waiting for someone to find someone to find someone to help us. Par for the course. I actually expected that, so I left with my expectations realized.
I stopped at Shockwave a balmy Saturday in October at 10 am and asked for a tour. The only guy in there, talked to us for 1 1/2 hours showing us the entire process of boat building from making a plug to installing the finishing touches. Wow. He then loaded us up with shirts, hats, and cup cozies and sent us on our way with a warm fuzzy feeling. We were made to feel valuable and human. We talked boating family to boating family. He invited us to take a new 29 out on the ocean next time we were in town, gratis.
If somebody were on the fence between boat manufacturers, which one would they choose?
I won't buy a Nordic again, period. I do love the boat I own and plan to keep it for awhile. I am my own warranty station and have a giant support group of folks who can help me sort through things. I don't need no steeenking Nordic factory or their dealers!:D

swampfire
12-04-2003, 09:49 AM
All the boat magazines run reviews and articles about the boats their advertisers sell. They never say anything bad even about the crappiest piece of overpriced junk on the market. It's especially bad in the fishing magazines, they praise these mass produced pieces of junk to the high heavens. David Pascoe has a website called Yacht Survey Online where he exposes some of the worst abuses. I don't always agree with Pascoe but he makes some good points. I'm not putting down Nordic but take the magazine articles for what they are: PAID ADVERTISING!

rivercrazy
12-04-2003, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by swampfire
All the boat magazines run reviews and articles about the boats their advertisers sell. They never say anything bad even about the crappiest piece of overpriced junk on the market. It's especially bad in the fishing magazines, they praise these mass produced pieces of junk to the high heavens. David Pascoe has a website called Yacht Survey Online where he exposes some of the worst abuses. I don't always agree with Pascoe but he makes some good points. I'm not putting down Nordic but take the magazine articles for what they are: PAID ADVERTISING!
I totally agree with what you said. And the level of positive comments (and fudging top speed numbers) made about a boat builder is directly porportional to the amount of advertising dollars/length of time paid to ***boat! The only high performance boat mag I've seen that puts any negative comments in their reviews is Powerboat. But I'm sure the same thing applies over there too. Just maybe a bit less than ***boat

Back To Havasu
12-04-2003, 10:29 AM
PHX ATC...your experience with the management at Nordic echoes mine. I had a Nordic 26' for ten years and it was a wonderful boat. I now own a Shockwave because of their quality and the way they treat their customers and the shopping public. Just my last $.02 on this subject.:rolleyes:

Nordic Bob
12-04-2003, 10:47 AM
Dam, you guy's kill me!
Customer service comes from the people you buy the boat from. (your dealer!) Do you call Ford or Chevy every time you have a problem. NO, you go to your dealer. It's to bad that the dealers will not help the customer more. I to had a bad experience buying my boat from a dealer in Havasu and will not buy another one from them. (yes they are a Nordic dealer). I do not blame Nordic at all. A free T-shirt or 2 would have been nice, but the dealer would not offer even a floatie key chain my key was in the boat they never even handed it to me.
As for the factory they are the reason I purchased a Nordic. Showed up on a Saturday and got the whole tour. I now call them when I have questions or want to buy options that were not on the boat when I purchased it. They have been more than fair and allways willing to help and work with me. They have been so helpful I am entering the stock class in the Long Beach to Catalina race on the factory team.
As for the dealers they order the boats as they want them with the colors and graphics. It takes a dealer 8 or so weeks to receive the boat that they ordered just like the rest of us. As a customer you can order any color graphics you want. (I guess that's what makes them a custom boat) If they can put out 4 boats a day God Bless.
I understand why the Nordic Factory does not want to deal with all the pansy ass people that want to boat. Trade in's, can't qualify for a loan on a boat they can't afford. Lying to a salesman about what they want verse what they can afford, big waste of time! Can't blame Nordic for not wanting to deal with them. They build boats not sell used ones.
Toby sounds like you should sell your boat today and buy one from somebody that will hold your hand through the life of ownership. Go after your dealer not Nordic.
It kills me to listen to guy's complain about Nordic when all they own are 21' skiers and pontoon boats my f@^king trailer cost more than thier boat.+
Stick to the facts and stead of making up or distorting information you dont have!
I feel better now, can we all go boating together that is why we are all here. It is the life style we love.

Ricardo Cabeza
12-04-2003, 11:48 AM
Right on. For every one of these whining complainers I can
show you 10 happy Nordic owners. I refuse to completely
blame Nordic or their dealers. And makes me glad I'm in a
field where my customers are professionals.
I'd like to take up a collection to buy these whiners some
pacifiers and clean diapers.
Originally posted by Nordic Bob
Dam, you guy's kill me!
Customer service comes from the people you buy the boat from. (your dealer!) Do you call Ford or Chevy every time you have a problem. NO, you go to your dealer. It's to bad that the dealers will not help the customer more. I to had a bad experience buying my boat from a dealer in Havasu and will not buy another one from them. (yes they are a Nordic dealer). I do not blame Nordic at all. A free T-shirt or 2 would have been nice, but the dealer would not offer even a floatie key chain my key was in the boat they never even handed it to me.
As for the factory they are the reason I purchased a Nordic. Showed up on a Saturday and got the whole tour. I now call them when I have questions or want to buy options that were not on the boat when I purchased it. They have been more than fair and allways willing to help and work with me. They have been so helpful I am entering the stock class in the Long Beach to Catalina race on the factory team.
As for the dealers they order the boats as they want them with the colors and graphics. It takes a dealer 8 or so weeks to receive the boat that they ordered just like the rest of us. As a customer you can order any color graphics you want. (I guess that's what makes them a custom boat) If they can put out 4 boats a day God Bless.
I understand why the Nordic Factory does not want to deal with all the pansy ass people that want to boat. Trade in's, can't qualify for a loan on a boat they can't afford. Lying to a salesman about what they want verse what they can afford, big waste of time! Can't blame Nordic for not wanting to deal with them. They build boats not sell used ones.
Toby sounds like you should sell your boat today and buy one from somebody that will hold your hand through the life of ownership. Go after your dealer not Nordic.
It kills me to listen to guy's complain about Nordic when all they own are 21' skiers and pontoon boats my f@^king trailer cost more than thier boat.+
Stick to the facts and stead of making up or distorting information you dont have!
I feel better now, can we all go boating together that is why we are all here. It is the life style we love.

beyondhelpin
12-04-2003, 12:15 PM
I have been on a couple of Nordic's and they were both beautiful well made boats. Neither has had any problems with them so have not had any customer service issues.
But this is not the first time I have heard other people complain about Nordic's customer service. Dont remember if it is the dealership or the manufacture they had trouble with.
I would buy a Nordic but I would be carefull who I bought it from.
For the person who said you dont deal with Chevrolet but the dealer is not entirely correct. I have had to deal with GM on a vehicle directly before. My brother has dealed with Mercruiser directly on a powerhead when the dealer would not take the time to do it. Lost a powerhead on a just out of warranty motor (less than 30 days) He got a new powerhead ($4700) that the dealer ship was dragging their feet on. Hell they would not even call Mercruiser after he got the okay for the free powerhead! Needless to say he went and got his boat and said kiss my ass on the amount on the labor (what little) cost.

Essex502
12-04-2003, 12:40 PM
I wonder who Ricardo Cabeza (Dick Head?) really is? Orval?:D

PHX ATC
12-04-2003, 01:04 PM
Back to Havasu - that's probably my future as well.:)
Nordic Bob - Please read to understand, not read to see red and anger. Take it with an open mind. I've no problem with my boat, we love it. Am I a satisfied (one of the mystical 10 per...) customer with my boat? You betcha, with the boat. The satisfaction stops there. Dealers and factories are not worth venting over anymore for me. I'm over it. Helloooo, I'm okay with the lack of support. I don't need someone to hold my hand through ownership (quite funny comment though:D ). The simple fact remains that they won't return phone calls, won't return an email, gave me the blow off when I politely asked for a tour of the factory, and still have (between the dealer and factory, mind you) punch list items over 15 months after the sale to complete. I don't think people who own a 21 foot boat, a pontoon boat, or a boat not equal to your trailer's monetary status, have complained all to much about Nordic unjustly. Like I said earlier, it's just and only my opinion, nothing else, nothing more. I'm excited that Nordic is helping you out with your racing boat. Awesome! You've had great help from them and I haven't. Nothing the matter with that. Some people like brocolli, some don't.
E502 - Pesky Varmit on rrx.com ring a bell? Same person.
Anybody wanna hold my hand???:cool:

HavasuDreamin'
12-04-2003, 01:29 PM
Thanks for the information WildBillG. That is what I was looking for. :cool:

MagicMtnDan
12-04-2003, 01:53 PM
He then loaded us up with shirts, hats, and cup cozies and sent us on our way with a warm fuzzy feeling. We were made to feel valuable and human. We talked boating family to boating family. He invited us to take a new 29 out on the ocean next time we were in town, gratis.
Nice! Musta been my breath or something - we didn't get any shirts, hats or cup cozies! (But we did leave with a warm and fuzzy feeling and no, I didn't pee on myself).
Gotta remember to talk to Barry about the giveaways!

DogHouse
12-04-2003, 01:56 PM
LOL, I was thinking the same thing and I didn't even have to check RRX! "Dick Head" is quite fitting, in person and online!
No worries ATC, your comments have been just fine.
:D

DogHouse
12-04-2003, 02:06 PM
3/4" balsa core in a 35 hardly qualifies as light.
Might help if, instead of speaking in generalities, you quoted
a few facts and sources.
Well if ya think about it, the whole reason for using the 3/4 balsa is that it will increase the stiffness of the laminate without adding a lot of weight. As a result, I'd have to say that yes it does qualify as "light" because less glass and resin can be used while maintaining adequate (or even superior) strength.
Might help if, instead of speaking with your head up your ass, you quoted a few facts and sources.

Ricardo Cabeza
12-04-2003, 03:17 PM
OK pee pee boy, you asked for it:
Powerboat Magazine April 2001
Powerboat Magazine July 2003
Regarding weight vs. coring and laminates:
Fiberglass Boats by Hugo Du Plessis
Both of our heads are up assess, the difference
between you and me is that at least my head
is up my own ass.
Originally posted by DogHouse
Well if ya think about it, the whole reason for using the 3/4 balsa is that it will increase the stiffness of the laminate without adding a lot of weight. As a result, I'd have to say that yes it does qualify as "light" because less glass and resin can be used while maintaining adequate (or even superior) strength.
Might help if, instead of speaking with your head up your ass, you quoted a few facts and sources.

DogHouse
12-04-2003, 03:34 PM
OK pee pee boy, you asked for it:
Powerboat Magazine April 2001
Powerboat Magazine July 2003
Regarding weight vs. coring and laminates:
Fiberglass Boats by Hugo Du Plessis
Both of our heads are up assess, the difference
between you and me is that at least my head
is up my own ass.
Judging from your response, you think something I said was incorrect? Please enlighten me, so to speak.
And by the way, "Pesky Varmint", there's a lot more differences between us than where our heads are at the moment. For one thing, you're a little tiny guy with a really big boat (which explains a lot), and I'm just an average size guy with a medium size boat. That, and I don't live in a trailer!

rivercrazy
12-04-2003, 03:39 PM
Someone pass the popcorn! :D
Someone sure has their feathers ruffled over some opinions....
:p

Kilrtoy
12-04-2003, 05:56 PM
Thanks ESSEX502,
So who is The dickhead
Whats up with all these dealers and manufactures coming on here in secret.
SHOW YOUR NAME
SHOW YOUR COMPANY and be proud.
Hiding only proves what people are say.......
That is why I will buy from only two people/Manufactures
Im to old for bullshit when spending that much cash.....

carreraelite
12-04-2003, 06:15 PM
I've got the popcorn popping and a cooler with cold beer in it!! This is starting to get good!! :D :D

wildbillg
12-04-2003, 06:22 PM
I'm not hiding, I have been on here for years. Many people here know I sell boats for a living, yes I am an employee of a dealership that sells Nordic Power boats, yes I have owned them.
I will say, yes there are dealers out there that might sell the boats and NOT have a service dept. I have to agree with some on this thread and not with some.
When you buy a car, truck you do not bring it back to the FACTORY, you DO bring it back to the dealer where you bought the car/truck.
I personally service my customers to a higher degree then some sales people may. If you are looking for the cheapest price on a boat, yes you may get a better price on one from a dealer that does not SERVICE what they sell. (their are some). you may pay a little more for the one from a dealer that is a FULL SERVICE dealer. You have to take some things into account when you are buying a high ticket item, (boat, r/v) do you want to get it cheap and take it to someone to do the service. The manufacturer of a boat or rv line, is not the manufacuter of the power plant in the boat or rv, many people seem to blame mech. problems on the boat or rv manufacutrer. Well that is on the warrenty of the motor (mercruiser, volvo) whoever that may be.
I can understand the frustration of not getting taken care of, well remember sometimes you get what you pay for....
Sorry for the bad experiance. I personaly wish I could do something to help, but hell im just a salesman trying to do my job to the best of my ability.
Just my 2cents worth
Bill Gardner
The Boat Brokers inc.
Lake Havasu City
Nordic Power Boats dealer

TheLurker
12-04-2003, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by carreraelite
I've got the popcorn popping and a cooler with cold beer in it!! This is starting to get good!! :D :D
Thats just what I was thinking. I was just going to congradulate MMD for starting this thread

Kilrtoy
12-04-2003, 07:19 PM
I have no person knowledge of Nordic or know anyone that owns one.
With that said.
Why are so many people complaining about them. this isnt the first spread on them.
Also some of the complaints are about the boat not the powerplant. Why should the price and dealer matter. They are stilll a nordic and made at the same place by the same people.....

shockwavebd
12-05-2003, 06:57 PM
And that makes you special....................HOW ?
Bob you need a good catalina run :D

Kilrtoy
12-05-2003, 07:02 PM
If I bought my Boat from the manufacture YOU ARE DAMN RIGHT THEY WILL FIX IT. But I dont have to worry about that I bought my boat from a company that is never too busy to take care of my concerns on my little 21' boat and while they still build big ass boats.
And its always ready before the promised date.
Thats why they have so many referrals and repeat customers....

Kilrtoy
12-05-2003, 07:07 PM
Now that is what I call customer service, Ooops sorry PANSY ASSES are the correct names for nordic customers,
Where the hell do they find these people. If a manufacture finds out that the dealer is poorly representing their product, they need to shit can the dealer, Its only in there best interest.
But then again apparently Nordic doesnt have time to take care of the people who feed them....

twistedpair
12-05-2003, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
[B]
But then again apparently Nordic doesnt have time to take care of the people who feed them....
And you draw this conclusion from a few people one the internet who have had bad experiences? If that's your criteria then all custom boat builders must suck, cuz I've seen all of them bashed here at one time or another. I'll guarantee there are people that are unsatisfied with your builder also. I don't care who you are, Skater or Bayliner, you cannot satisfy all people.
I'm actually considering a Nordic as my next boat, and as such have picked the brain of every owner I come across. I have not heard one comment first hand about bad customer service, but everyone I have talked to loved their boat and said I would not regret the purchase.
My .02

Kilrtoy
12-05-2003, 09:09 PM
I base that comment on the clowns on here who calim to be working for the company. If that is how they treat people i will steer clear.
Not saying that there arent, BUT I have yet to hear from anyowner of SHOCKWAVE, a complaint.

MagicMtnDan
12-05-2003, 09:25 PM
An interesting parallel just came to me when I was reading the latest posts on this thread.
Think about car manufacturers. They don't sell direct. They make zillions of cars/trucks and they sell them to dealers who sell to the public.
Now think about Nordic. They want to make 4 boats per day. And they don't sell direct, they sell them to dealers who sell them to the public.
Just making a comparison - not drawing any conclusions. That I'll leave up to you.
By the way, when I called a Nordic dealer they told me their idea of custom gel coat is to select from a variety of color schemes on their standard designs. By selecting the colors I want the chances of someone else having the same set of colors is slim but it's absolutely not my idea of custom gelcoat.
One more thing - I'm not really concerned about answering the question, "is Nordic a custom boat manufacturer." My intention with this thread was to talk about what I read about Nordic in Hot Boat magazine and let everyone consider how they differ from the other boat manufacturers.
I think Nordic makes fine quality boats but based on what I know about them, they're not the boat maker for me.

Kilrtoy
12-05-2003, 10:02 PM
By the way, when I called a Nordic dealer they told me their idea of custom gel coat is to select from a variety of color schemes on their standard designs
Same thing they told me.
I told them I want a custom paint that i saw on another boat but changed to fit my liking and they said NO......

98 Vector 21
12-05-2003, 10:49 PM
Nordic seems to be a custom boat to me however with no real sales staff other than independent dealers good luck on any warranty or performance issues for that high dollar boat....:confused:

Kilrtoy
12-05-2003, 11:30 PM
The dealer out here is not really up to speed on that end of the boat spectrum

Nordic Bob
12-06-2003, 11:15 AM
OK, I have had more time to think.
Toby, sorry to go off on you like that but I still feel you are to way to harsh on Nordic when most of your problems were motor related and not the fact you had a bad boat or poor craftsmanship from Nordic. You did go through 4 or 5 service centers to get the help you needed. That says something. I am glad you got a new motor from Mercury and are now finally happy with your boat.
As for the dealer verse factory statement. I never had issues with the boat so I did not go to the dealer as they can’t offer the options I wanted to add. i.e. tire carrier, grab rails etc.… Since Nordic makes all the components in their boats. It seemed logical to go to the factory to get them added.
This was towards the Essex502 on Hot forum and was posted in RRX as a fyi.
Yes, we are all boaters and love the same thing. Can all of you tell me that we are equal boaters? I think not. I do not believe a boater in a 21’ boat or a pontoon boat are in the same class as a larger boat. Kinda like a flat bottom jet as opposed to a 35 footer with twins. Both boats run in different bodies of water. Cost, size, liability and skill all play a big part in the type of boating we all do. There is a difference between the boater that goes to the sand bar to party on anything that floats compared to the boating I do. I personally will not tie up to a beater boat, I will stay away from them as far as I can. If you like to hang with that type of boater and proclaim that we are all equal you are lying to yourself. I do agree I do have fun on a 12’ aluminum fishing boat but not even close to the enjoyment as running to Catalina in a larger boat. Remember the thread about people having to be equal? We are not some work harder and some work smarter.
I might be at a disadvantage not knowing who all these people talking about hearsay and I apologize Toby if I was out of line with you. My anger was towards the assumptions that Nordic is or isn’t.
Oh and by the way Hot Boat will print a retraction that Nordic is not trying to produce 4 boats a day. Nordic produces about 3 a week and would like to get that to 4 a week.
Nordic Bob.

Essex502
12-08-2003, 10:56 AM
This was towards the Essex502 on Hot forum and was posted in RRX as a fyi.
Yes, we are all boaters and love the same thing. Can all of you tell me that we are equal boaters? I think not. I do not believe a boater in a 21? boat or a pontoon boat are in the same class as a larger boat. Kinda like a flat bottom jet as opposed to a 35 footer with twins. Both boats run in different bodies of water. Cost, size, liability and skill all play a big part in the type of boating we all do. There is a difference between the boater that goes to the sand bar to party on anything that floats compared to the boating I do. I personally will not tie up to a beater boat, I will stay away from them as far as I can. If you like to hang with that type of boater and proclaim that we are all equal you are lying to yourself. I do agree I do have fun on a 12? aluminum fishing boat but not even close to the enjoyment as running to Catalina in a larger boat. Remember the thread about people having to be equal? We are not some work harder and some work smarter.
I might be at a disadvantage not knowing who all these people talking about hearsay and I apologize Toby if I was out of line with you. My anger was towards the assumptions that Nordic is or isn?t.
Nordic Bob.
Nordic Bob....are you going off on me for something specifc? Reread my uneditted post and you'll see that my only statements were about the level of customization that appears to be present. Also, I have talked to many Nordic owners and they all enjoy their boats but they do sorta' all look alike.

Essex502
12-08-2003, 10:58 AM
Actually, it doesn't. But then again...over a year has passed since I've been around those parts.

MagicMtnDan
12-08-2003, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by RiverDave
I have alot of other comments I'd make in this thread, but in my new found efforts to be less "confrontational" I'm keeping my mouth shut..
PULLLEEEEEEZ!

Essex502
12-08-2003, 12:25 PM
Nordic is a custom boat, they'll build you pretty much anything ya want, however you want it if you have the skills to pay the billz.
I have alot of other comments I'd make in this thread, but in my new found efforts to be less "confrontational" I'm keeping my mouth shut.. LOL
RD <---- muttering under his breath, what a zero class, "new money" wannabe "hitter.."
You've never held back before!

Kilrtoy
12-08-2003, 02:45 PM
He is turning over a new leaf

Jbb
12-08-2003, 04:52 PM
Damm Dave, ...Stop sugar coating everything ...Say whats on your mind!

Jbb
12-08-2003, 04:59 PM
No ..I cant imagine anyone of means talking ...or spending...like that.......Not for long ,anyway....:D

Rexone
12-08-2003, 05:49 PM
RD <---- 22 Nordic Sprint
Nice job on the holdin back RD... ;)
btw I see you've exceeded the tie-up limitation so you are eligible. :D

Steamin' Rice
12-08-2003, 06:14 PM
RD, don't sugarcoat it... :D
There is always a bigger fish out there.....When I went from a 21' to a 29' I thought that I had a huge kickass boat. Then I started doing some ocean runs and realized that I was in a "little" boat because most of the boats I was going out with were bigger Cigarettes, Scarabs, Formulas, Fountains, etc etc etc.
It really doesn't matter what boat you are in, how much you spent on it, or what it's worth relative to my boat. I always enjoy hanging out with people who enjoy boating and I try not to get caught up in all of the BS that can go on. I have seen some people with boats that cost as much or more than my house and I can't stand to be around them because they are pricks that don't know anything about boating or appreciate other boats because they don't know anything about them.
Is cabin fever setting in already?? :D

Rexone
12-08-2003, 07:25 PM
Dam, you guy's kill me!
I understand why the Nordic Factory does not want to deal with all the pansy ass people that want to boat. Trade in's, can't qualify for a loan on a boat they can't afford. Lying to a salesman about what they want verse what they can afford, big waste of time! Can't blame Nordic for not wanting to deal with them.
Yes, we are all boaters and love the same thing. Can all of you tell me that we are equal boaters? I think not. I do not believe a boater in a 21’ boat or a pontoon boat are in the same class as a larger boat. Kinda like a flat bottom jet as opposed to a 35 footer with twins. Both boats run in different bodies of water. Cost, size, liability and skill all play a big part in the type of boating we all do. There is a difference between the boater that goes to the sand bar to party on anything that floats compared to the boating I do. I personally will not tie up to a beater boat, I will stay away from them as far as I can. If you like to hang with that type of boater and proclaim that we are all equal you are lying to yourself. I do agree I do have fun on a 12’ aluminum fishing boat but not even close to the enjoyment as running to Catalina in a larger boat. Remember the thread about people having to be equal? We are not some work harder and some work smarter.
Wow welcome to Hot Boat Bob. Even though I only own boats 21 ft and under and am not in "your class". Don't matter, I was never really into the "class" deal anyway.
Interesting concept... classes of boaters based on how big a boat they got, how much their trailers cost, bank balance... :rolleyes:
I've always liked the following quote although I didn't write it originally. It probably makes no sense to some.
"The real measure of your wealth is how much you'd be worth if you lost all your money." - Bernard Meltzer

Jordy
12-08-2003, 07:40 PM
Well, Nordic Bob maybe I came off a bit harsh...
I feel better though. :)
Thanks for letting me vent on ya.
RD
That was a pretty good rant too. :D :D :D

H20 Party Starter
12-08-2003, 08:58 PM
LMAO..........he let it build all night and then exploded:D
H2O PS>>>> Just for the record, I towed a nordic back to it's home on Labor-day;)

Nordic Bob
12-08-2003, 10:50 PM
That went well.
The trailer statement...Well I probably shouldn't have said it. It's not about money or the size of my boat.
Case in hand. I would not beach my boat next to a boat that has a 4 person beer bong.
That just confirmed my point.

H20 Party Starter
12-08-2003, 11:58 PM
That went well.
The trailer statement...Well I probably shouldn't have said it. It's not about money or the size of my boat.
Case in hand. I would not beach my boat next to a boat that has a 4 person beer bong.
That just confirmed my point.
But Bob:frown: ...my boat is 21.5 feet.............I thought I was good:rolleyes:
BTW: That Beer-Bong is Too good for you anyway:p .....Rich-****:rolleyes:

Faster Daddy
12-09-2003, 12:24 AM
RD, I'll beach my boat next to ya if you let me hit that bong! That thing is sweet :D
WTF's up with classes of boaters? I think there are more like two classes. People on the water and those on the shore want'n to be one of the guys on the water. :yuk:

Kilrtoy
12-09-2003, 02:33 AM
Its ok cuz we wouldnt park next to him,
The rainbow sticker he has would clash with my paint scheme.....:yuk:

Rexone
12-09-2003, 06:51 AM
It's not about money or the size of my boat.
Yeah whatever.
Dam, you guy's kill me!
I do not believe a boater in a 21’ boat or a pontoon boat are in the same class as a larger boat.
There is a difference between the boater that goes to the sand bar to party on anything that floats compared to the boating I do.
Remember the thread about people having to be equal? We are not some work harder and some work smarter.
The above reeks of being "all" about money and the size of your boat and one person being better than another because of it.
That just confirmed my point. ;)
Everyone's free to believe whatever they want obviously but to say it then deny it a couple posts later only makes one look like a backpedaling fool. If you write about how much better you are on a public forum than others who can't afford what you can afford and like different types of boating recreation, you should at least be ready to take a little heat and back up your words with reason and justification IMO. If not then it shouldn't be written for the public to respond to.
>>>just as an edit follow up, I have no stance or opinion on the Nordic topic of this thread as I have zero experience with them on it. However because I happen to have only boats in the 19-21 foot range, somehow I felt a laser on my forehead when reading the above by Bob. That and many I know that have similar sized boats that are first class folks, nothing like the second class citizen Bob portrays as the owner of 21 foot and under boats. I normally don't even respond to bogus crap like this but in this case I felt the need to present my view as a pre-admitted member of Bob's 21 foot lower class club.

Havasu Hangin'
12-09-2003, 07:01 AM
But I would beach my boat next to yours (cuz when you leave...there's more room for my chairs).
It's all about attitude.
BTW...I have an old 23' boat...which category am I in?

Essex502
12-09-2003, 07:27 AM
Hell...with 15 to 20 year financing, low interest rates and a partner or three...practically anyone can own a big, bad ass boat!
It was well said...it's not about money but the peeps you meet and fun you have on the water.
Rodney King: "Can't we just all git along?" :D

91nordic29
12-09-2003, 07:33 AM
"The real measure of your wealth is how much you'd be worth if you lost all your money." - Bernard Meltzer
that just about says it all.
99.9% of us here are definitely not "in your class". you see, class is not something that you "get" or "buy". class is something that you have and classy is something that you are.
You, Bob, are the outsider.
Mrs.<-------28.9' Nordic (not a heat) 91NORDIC

Tremor Therapy
12-09-2003, 07:53 AM
Wow! This thread has taken this place to new heights!
As a previous owner of a 21 foot poor boy jet boat, I never considered boating to be about the money. It takes money to buy your boat and go boating, but to me it is all about being on the water and hanging with my family and friends. Now I have stepped up to a 25 footer, and I still hang with my poor boy 21 foot friends....why? Because they get it!
I got a bigger boat because I could afford it, and I couldn't take my jet boat out into the big blue. So I got the best of both worlds. If I could afford a 36 Skater would I buy one....sure, but would I stop hanging with all my friends....HELL NO! To each his own, and there are many here on the site that I have not met, but by their numerous posts.....they get it, and I'd have no problem hanging with them. If its about the "show" and you post that way here.....you will get your ass handed to you.

Jordy
12-09-2003, 08:35 AM
I'm still wondering how the upper brass at Nordic would feel about someone coming on to a public forum with as much traffic as ***boat gets and alienating potential customers with the comments that Ole' Bob Nodick (or little dick at best as he's obviously compensating for something) has been making??? :confused:
Inquiring minds want to know...
I guess I'm just glad that I don't have to worry about tying up to this arrogant new money prick anytime soon in my lowly 19' jet. :rolleyes:

twistedpair
12-09-2003, 08:39 AM
I would not beach my boat next to a boat that has a 4 person beer bong.
I hear ya' Bob, neither would I. Cuz WE know how 'Those People' are, don't we Bob? What with their 'Bling Bling', and their 'Ink' and their 'Hip-Hop'. And don't even get me started on their 'Ho's'!
Add alcohol to the mix and it can get downright incendiary. The music gets loud, and people start dancing, then more people start to gather and it seems to feed off itself. Next thing you know, the girls are in scimpy 'bikinis' or sporting 'pasties', or going topless altogether! There may even be some 'girl on girl' action going on!:eek: :eek:
And then what do we have, Bob?
We have ANARCHY, Bob!
And how the hell am I supposed to clean my carp in Anarchy, Bob?

H20 Party Starter
12-09-2003, 09:47 AM
I e-mailed a link to this thread to 3 different addresses at Nordic:D :D :D :D :D :D
How well can you swim when your shit starts sinking Bob?
would you take a ride from a 21 foot rescue boat jackass:rolleyes:

Nordic Bob
12-09-2003, 10:01 AM
Well to some extent I can understand what Nordic Bob is tryin to say here... I just don't think I'd labelled it in the fashion that he did.
2 Classes of boaters..
1. Those that care about their shit
2. Those that don't.
Most of my friends party hardy, but all of them care about their shiznit which is why it stays in tip top shizape. I don't much care to hang out with people that don't take pride in ownership of their posessions.. (not that there's anything wrong with the way they do things or the way I do them.. just different strokes for different folks)
RD
This say's it better then I did.
I was not looking for a fight, but instead I received a gang bang at my expense.
I am definitely over whelmed by the type of responses I found here. I feel that more responses from me will further the abuse.
Have a nice day!
This should be good for a few more…

Back To Havasu
12-09-2003, 10:20 AM
Well said RD, 91Nordic 29, and Rexone among others. We know that if money can buy it, it's cheap. Just my $.02.;)

PHX ATC
12-09-2003, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by H20 Party Starter
I e-mailed a link to this thread to 3 different addresses at Nordic:D :D :D :D :D :D
How well can you swim when your shit starts sinking Bob?
would you take a ride from a 21 foot rescue boat jackass:rolleyes:
I would take a tow from a 21 foot rescue boat any day of the week!
I've taken them from 16 foot aluminum bass boats in the beginning stages of my boat's life! The guys wouldn't take a dime, they wanted nothing but thanks. Wow! I've done the same and would continue to do so.
I wonder how a 4 corner beer bong would work as a tow rope!:D :D :p

Essex502
12-09-2003, 12:13 PM
I would take a tow from a 21 foot rescue boat any day of the week!
I've taken them from 16 foot aluminum bass boats in the beginning stages of my boat's life! The guys wouldn't take a dime, they wanted nothing but thanks. Wow! I've done the same and would continue to do so.
I wonder how a 4 corner beer bong would work as a tow rope!:D :D :p
Take a full "pulls" on the bong and you won't care if you're towed or not!

Ducatista
12-09-2003, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by twistedpair
I hear ya' Bob, neither would I. Cuz WE know how 'Those People' are, don't we Bob? What with their 'Bling Bling', and their 'Ink' and their 'Hip-Hop'. And don't even get me started on their 'Ho's'!
Add alcohol to the mix and it can get downright incendiary. The music gets loud, and people start dancing, then more people start to gather and it seems to feed off itself. Next thing you know, the girls are in scimpy 'bikinis' or sporting 'pasties', or going topless altogether! There may even be some 'girl on girl' action going on!:eek: :eek:
And then what do we have, Bob?
We have ANARCHY, Bob!
And how the hell am I supposed to clean my carp in Anarchy, Bob? Thats funny.....is it summer yet?:cool:

Rexone
12-09-2003, 03:17 PM
I was not looking for a fight, but instead I received a gang bang at my expense.
I am definitely over whelmed by the type of responses I found here. I feel that more responses from me will further the abuse.
Have a nice day!
This should be good for a few more…
Bob, being one that objected to your post content let me just say that I in no way enjoy these types of exchanges. You need to realize though, you came in here post 1 & 2 with guns blazin directly at anyone who owns a 21 foot or less boat. That includes myself and a large percentage of this forums membership. Insinuating that we were some kind of second class boaters, the type of boating we do doesn't compare to the type of boating you do, our stuff is inferior because your trailer costs more, on and on.
I can only speak for me but I've been boating for about 30 years in all types of boats and don't like being ridiculed for the type or size of boat I choose to enjoy. And I have a 21 foot boat that I'm sure is worth more than your trailer and possibly more than your 28. That isn't even my point though. It was more your arrogance than your content. So to say you didn't come here looking for a fight... all I can say is you must be way out of touch. Thinking before speaking or writing something works pretty well. You should try it.
As far as playing the victim with the reference to gang bang and being abused I call bs again. You abused the members of this forum right up front and deserved everything they responded with. I would only hope that you actually "realize" you were being an ass, then come back in here and be a nice guy. The scary part is that I don't think you do. I'm sure you would find alot of nice people here if you chose not to attack them for what they owned, where they boated, etc etc.
You have a nice day too Bob. :)

Tom Brown
12-09-2003, 03:31 PM
...received a gang bang at my expense.
Not at all. We've waived the charges.

MagicMtnDan
12-09-2003, 04:39 PM
I had no idea my original post would turn into a "gang bang" of a newbie. :eek:
Just thinking out loud here...I'm thinking I shouldn't make any plans to visit the Nordic factory any time in the near future.
And I guess a discount shouldn't be something I'd look for either :D

MagicMtnDan
12-09-2003, 05:15 PM
but they are definately fast for given HP.
RD
Is that cuz they're light? :D :eek:
Seriously, the reason I've mentioned light weight is because their boats seem to be lighter than a number of the other SoCal custom boat makers (like Shockwave, Howard, Hallett, and Lavey Craft, if I'm not mistaken).
I am NOT making any statements about build quality...JUST WEIGHT.

DogHouse
12-09-2003, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by MagicMtnDan
Is that cuz they're light? :D :eek:
LMAO! :D

MagicMtnDan
12-10-2003, 12:00 AM
MMD,you saw how my boat handled the big water ,it did great:D ,you should have jumped in on the way back:D
Yeah, your boat was flying above the waves (was it because it's light? :D ). You didn't invite me and I know it's because you didn't want me slowing you down. You just wanted to beat all the Shockwave's back into Dana Point :D

Essex502
12-10-2003, 06:58 AM
But T&B ... as I remember from the Cottonwood trip your boat is SLOW! :D I kept looking over my shoulder to see if I lost ya'! :D :D

Essex502
12-10-2003, 06:59 AM
MMD - Definitely go look at Nordic...They seem to be well built - just all seem to look alike. If you can ante up the dough and they cooperate on the gel you might find you like them a lot.

Pesky Varmint
12-10-2003, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by DogHouse
Judging from your response, you think something I said was incorrect? Please enlighten me, so to speak.
And by the way, "Pesky Varmint", there's a lot more differences between us than where our heads are at the moment. For one thing, you're a little tiny guy with a really big boat (which explains a lot), and I'm just an average size guy with a medium size boat. That, and I don't live in a trailer!
Let me help you out a little more. Actually its a double wide
manufactured home, but for your benefit we'll call it a trailer.
It's way worse than that. There's a stripped hulk of a 1985
Chevy Sprint right in the middle of the front of the yard. There's
an old 1952 Farmall tractor. Further back you'll see the scrap
Ford 302 and Nissan transmission laying on the ground. Countless
auto parts, axles, old broken rings and pinions. Not one, but two
junk refrigerators. How about the old rusted tin shed that is two foot deep in packrat nest inside? Or the big Craftsman stand up tool box that's also become a rats nest in the shed. Scrap springs,
brake drums, etc. etc. ad nauseum.
Oh did I mention the second run-down clapped out 25 foot travel trailer?
Hopefully you have a better, more disturbing picture, of just who and what I really am. Think along the lines of Texas Chainsaw Massacre and you're getting there (funny I mention that, I do have a nice brand new chain saw gathering dust on the living room floor).
Pesky Varmint

Tom Brown
12-10-2003, 10:02 AM
Varmint is still around? We just can't seem to get rid of that guy. :D

Essex502
12-10-2003, 10:03 AM
Well I have my theories on why there fast for given HP, and the plus sides and down sides to it, but I'm no hull designer nor am I an expert in the field so I'm a little reluctant to answer..
If ya promise to take it for "what it is" and not flame me for possibly being incorrect I'll share my thoughts on the Nordic(s).
RD
I promise...go ahead and share! :D

rivercrazy
12-10-2003, 10:20 AM
My guess is this:
Lots of lifting strake designed into the hull. Makes it efficient on stock power. But the more lifting strake the harder the re-entry of the hull into the water
Again just my guess.......

rivercrazy
12-10-2003, 11:18 AM
What you don't want to be one of those bad-ass 35-38' Fountain owners on Parker :D :D
J/K (inside joke....):p

rivercrazy
12-10-2003, 11:32 AM
To me its pretty simple. Its all about trying to get some tang.....
Big boats usually = lots of money. Lots of money do attract some tang....:D :D :D

rivercrazy
12-10-2003, 11:53 AM
A 28 heat. Its a great boat. But it does ride a little on the rough side for a 28 IMHO. Also ride pretty free and loose but the one I rode in needed quite a bit of positive trim (to the point of throwing a small tail). Not that is bad. Its just a characteristic of the boat I drove.
What I did like about the boat was the layout/roominess/proprietary Nordic Rigging accessories. They are nice boats:)

Essex502
12-11-2003, 07:06 AM
502, you know why i was going slow,i had to sleep with her that night ,i didn't want my BALLS choped off in my sleep:D if it keeps her happy i will go slow;) ,55 and under:cool:
:argue: :wink: Sounds good to me! :D

91nordic29
12-11-2003, 07:26 AM
;) it is a little different with us. i am usually yelling "faster, faster!" and hubby shakin' his head with a look on his face that says "who is driving this boat?".:cool: but he also knows that the faster he goes, the luckier he gets!!!:D