PDA

View Full Version : Workers Comp rates cut.........

Mandelon
12-04-2003, 12:37 PM
Its true! Workers comp rates will be dropping 3.6% sometime next year. :) Wow. Isn't that great.........Too bad I just got a notice earlier this week that my rates will be going up over 25% first. :( :mad: :(
It will only cost me another $700 to $1000 a month....:mad: Listen to me whine......send me some cheese. But don't wonder why it costs a fortune to build a house in So Cal....
Plumbers and skilled workers are billed out at $75 to $85 an hour...In order to pay all the bills, a two man crew is billed out at $800 to $1200 a day depending on the work. That's crazy.
We pay out over $7000 a month for the different insurance policies we need.
Thank You, this now concludes my whining and venting. We now return you to your regular sand bar drama.....................

Mullet
12-04-2003, 12:46 PM
How is your exmod?
With that big discount to the base rate you might not even notice that the State Fund will probably take away some credit structure, to make up for the loss in premium.

Dave C
12-04-2003, 01:31 PM
Nice signature line. Ain't it the truth.
Now stop your whining, pay your W/C "shakedown payment" and get back to work because millions on welfare are counting on you.
(and pass along the cost to paul)
;)

12-04-2003, 01:57 PM
Mandelon
you and i should talk to arnold and start a fraud investigation
division and we get paid for all the ones we find we can
retire in a year but i am glad to hear the news

Back To Havasu
12-04-2003, 03:07 PM
I have heard that those companies with a mod rate at a certain low level will receive the approximately 3% cut, while those with a mod rate of say 100 or more will be hit with at least a 25% increase. Maybe others on the board can enlighten us more.

Mandelon
12-04-2003, 03:22 PM
If your employees are designated in administrative roles, or executive, sales, etc the costs are peanuts. $1 or $2 per $100 paid in wages. But for construction it is pretty bad.
Our mod is pretty good, although we have had 3 claims in 9 years. One fokker twisted his knee and is getting permanent disability. He started his own business and bought a Harley and a house cuz he is milking the system for a couple grand a month. They refused to investigate. There is such abuse of the system it is obscene.
I know roofers who pay 90 cents to WC for every 1.00 they pay in wages. Painters, and skilled carpenters are between 13 and 17 dollars per $100 paid in wages.
Our general liability insurance was $13,720 last year.....this year is $31,500. Never had claim on that, ever.

Lakeshow
12-04-2003, 03:54 PM
Not to be too much of *****, however, should anyone want to discuss ways to save some $$$ on workers comp or if they simply don't care for their broker email me and let's talk.
tony@cornerstonesurety.com

BUSTI
12-04-2003, 06:23 PM
I have a suggestion on how to cut down fraud. Did you know that if you can document and provide that documentation to the IRS that someone is cheating on their taxes...that you get as much as 40% of what ever the IRS collects from the cheaters? According to my friend who is an IRS fraud investagator for the IRS very few people turn in individuals but often turn companies. At least thats what she says.
Well to save the State money why don't we start an initiatve to get on the ballot as a proposition to force the state to create a more aggressive enforcement division or at least pay/compensate those that provide evidence that leads to the conviction of those that committ the fraud.
we have this bimbo that is out permanently because of carpel tunnel syndrome because of her years as a computer data entry person...and she since has started a tennis training facility teaching kids tennis using the very wrists playing and swiging the racquet that she clains is to sore to operate a computer. We have pictures of her doing push ups on those wrists with out braces. But the state does not care! No time to follow up!