PDA

View Full Version : Bristol Race

pjones
03-24-2006, 01:07 PM
Just looked at the forecast for Sunday, Looks like it may
be snowed out...Anybody going?

Blacksheep
03-24-2006, 01:47 PM
I wish I was going but no such luck!! Straight from NASCAR.
A steady mix of snow, sleet and rain at Bristol forced NASCAR officials to cancel Friday's Nextel Cup qualifying. That means 2005 champ Tony Stewart will lead the field to the green flag for Sunday's Food City 500

AzMandella
03-24-2006, 03:39 PM
I wish I was going but no such luck!! Straight from NASCAR.
A steady mix of snow, sleet and rain at Bristol forced NASCAR officials to cancel Friday's Nextel Cup qualifying. That means 2005 champ Tony Stewart will lead the field to the green flag for Sunday's Food City 500
How do you figure Tony is going to be on the pole.Whenever they have to cancel qualifieing they revert to the current point standings to determine the starting order.Not last years standings.

Havasu_Dreamin
03-24-2006, 09:46 PM
How do you figure Tony is going to be on the pole.Whenever they have to cancel qualifieing they revert to the current point standings to determine the starting order.Not last years standings.
The starting grid will be set by the 2005 final standings because this is the fifth race. Since Nascar instituted the top 35 rule, the first five races are determined by final standings for the previous year. Any future rainouts of qualifying will set the lineup based on 2006 points.