PDA

View Full Version : Vortec Ignition System & New Props.

Nauti-Girl 236EXP
05-30-2001, 08:07 AM
Just installed a vortec ignition system on a 502 MPI in a Eliminator 236xp. Was able to just up from a 22 Bravo to a 24 Bravo. Anyone have any tests on other props? Running about 67 MPH at Lake Powell.

No Limits !
06-15-2001, 11:59 AM
Just installed a maxiflow system on my 502. Any idea what your fuel pressure was when you got it where you wanted it ???

LAKEMAN
06-19-2001, 03:18 PM
I FACTORY SETTING FOR A MEFE 3 502 IS 44LBS STATIC.ASM REPROMPED MT ECU AND SAID I COULD RUN AS MUCH AS 48LBS.I KEEP IT AROUNG 45 TO 46 AND IT RUNS GREAT.CHECK IT EVERY TIME YOU GO OUT,AIR TEMP CAN CHANGE IT.

SUPERCREWJOHN
06-20-2001, 12:01 PM
Hi Nauti-Girl,
I had a couple of questions about your boat.
I am looking at a couple that are similar,
Did you order your with a closed deck or open bow.
What do you like about it, and what would you like to change?
What is your cruising range?
BTW: Were you in Lake Powell this weekend down toward Butte or the small marina on the way to Rainbow Bridge
Originally posted by Nauti-Girl 236EXP:
Just installed a vortec ignition system on a 502 MPI in a Eliminator 236xp. Was able to just up from a 22 Bravo to a 24 Bravo. Anyone have any tests on other props? Running about 67 MPH at Lake Powell.

No Limits !
06-20-2001, 12:30 PM
Thanks, Lakeman, will have to bump it up a little, now set at 40#'s at idle.

No Limits !
06-27-2001, 03:43 AM
Thanks, Lakeman, set 45#'s on fuel pressure at 2 grand and boat ran very well. Gas consumption was a little higher, but guess that's the price you pay. Boat ran 69.5 on GPS a hair over 5100. Will reprop when Mercruiser backlog drops a little and will post the results.

Nauti-Girl 236EXP
06-30-2001, 04:35 PM
I ordered the open bow since I have a family. This is my 4th eliminator and really love it it is big enough to handle the water at Lake Powell but we can still ski and play with it. I have a 2000 with a 502. Just starting to get it dialed in should be around 70-75 when we're done. I was there over fathers day weekend. Up by Bullfrog. Have a houseboat in Halls. Call for Nauti-girl or Overs. Originally posted by SUPERCREWJOHN:
Hi Nauti-Girl,
I had a couple of questions about your boat.
I am looking at a couple that are similar,
Did you order your with a closed deck or open bow.
What do you like about it, and what would you like to change?
What is your cruising range?
BTW: Were you in Lake Powell this weekend down toward Butte or the small marina on the way to Rainbow Bridge

Nauti-Girl 236EXP
06-30-2001, 04:35 PM
Running 44 psi at 4900 feet Originally posted by No Limits !:
Just installed a maxiflow system on my 502. Any idea what your fuel pressure was when you got it where you wanted it ???

No Limits !
07-02-2001, 03:43 AM
Any problems with spark plugs since you went to the Maxiflow system. I changed plugs when I installed mine,(factory specs - AC MR43T gapped at .40)and was running fine till yesterday, starting missing out under load, have about 10 hours on new plugs and plugs looked good. Any body have any similar problems ??????????????????????????????????

No Limits !
07-03-2001, 03:27 AM
Morning from "Egg on Face". Yesterday I posted a note inquiring about plugs with a miss I developed Sunday. Last night put thinking hat on instead of Dunce hat. Twin batteries and I have ignition and amp on battery # 2 and run all the time on battery #1. You guessed it, battery #2 went dead from not being charged and amp went out, then boat started missing due to low voltage. Just thought I would pass this on as a lesson learned. You folks and your families have a SAFE and Happy 4th of July.

Havasu Hangin'
07-03-2001, 04:28 AM
Originally posted by No Limits !:
Twin batteries and I have ignition and amp on battery # 2 and run all the time on battery #1.
Amp and ignition directly to the same battery? http://free.***boat.net/ubb/eek.gifOuch! You may want to look at a battery isolator, as it will charge both batteries no matter where the switch is. Either way, you might want to re-think the wiring.
Egg on the face is a regular meal around here, along with crow...
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/cool.gif http://free.***boat.net/ubb/cool.gif http://free.***boat.net/ubb/cool.gif

No Limits !
07-03-2001, 06:36 AM
Already changed ignition from battery to starter, don't want to get caught twice !!!