PDA

View Full Version : Teachers saying the wrong thing!

JetBoatRich
12-11-2003, 09:35 AM
We were at the dinner table Monday night and having a nice conversation. Ask how was school, etc.
She tells us that the Science teacher was talking about ROCK COCAINE and it is ok to do now and then just don't get hooked, etc. I went off and needed her to clear it up for me. He comparing ROCK COCAINE to splitting atoms:confused: I have never met this guy, but my wife said he is weird. What does ROCK COCAINE and atoms have to do with each other:mad:
The next morning I called the Vice Principal at 6:30am, she was out in a meeting that day. So someone else took my complaint. A few hours later the teacher calls me and said she totally mis-understood and he was using an analogy to describe atoms. Totally unacceptable. He continues to tell me he will clear everything up the next day in class.
Next day, I ask my daughter did he say anything. He said there was a complaint about him and he did not mean to use ROCK....
He called me again and apologized, I am still waiting for someone with authority to call.
F'N teachers now a days:mad: :mad:

THOR
12-11-2003, 09:42 AM
Teachers need to stick to teaching. Just teach your subject and let the parents be parents.

spectratoad
12-11-2003, 09:44 AM
Maybe as an example maybe next he will get out the razor blade and show how atoms are split and then when he and all the students are wired they will bounce off the walls like atoms of course and then when they hit eachother that is an example of how energy is created. Of course it is ok if nobody gets hooked on "atoms".
What a dipshit. I would be all over this guy.

JetBoatRich
12-11-2003, 09:51 AM
spectratoad
LMAO, you made a bad situation pretty funny:eek:
by the way this guy also paints his toes nails and showed the students:mad:

Kilrtoy
12-11-2003, 09:52 AM
Whats the big deal its only coke,
Thats not a bad drug,
Now if he said weed Fire him
Wow amazing.
the fact that they told him inmstead of having a superior call you first. Im wondering about that.
SWEEP UNDER THE RUG sounds like

spectratoad
12-11-2003, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by JetBoatRich
spectratoad
LMAO, you made a bad situation pretty funny:eek:
by the way this guy also paints his toes nails and showed the students:mad:
Probably shaves his SAC too. You have to laugh at some situations and hope your child makes the right decisions but in this case when a child shouldn't have to be exposed to this crap that is when the gloves come off. Hope all works out. Let us know what the "authority" figures reply was.

spectras only
12-11-2003, 10:16 AM
I have a few friends who are teachers:rolleyes: .They stick together like doctors defending each other when something goes haywire. My son [in high school now] tells me he has a weirdo teacher too [ I don't even pay attention what she teaches:p ] who's telling her class that everybody has feces under their fingernails [maybe she reads HOSS' postings here :D ].

hd&boatrider
12-11-2003, 10:25 AM
Rich---My GF is a teacher and she would not agree with any teacher talking to her kids about shit like that. I also would be concerned on why he was calling you instead of the VP you left the message for. I would call directly to the P now. You need to hold this idiot responsible.

Jetdriver
12-11-2003, 10:47 AM
Hey I remember back in High School, we had a teacher that made all the girls sit in the front row that had skirts on then he would get up from his desk with a big ol woody!!!!!! Then he would flirt with them! Heres the catch. This was in a private christian school.

spectras only
12-11-2003, 11:28 AM
Jetdriver , I have a story too:D .It goes way back when I was in grade 8. We had a knockout female teacher [ she looked like Natalie Wood] who was an ex circus performer and got hip injury and had to change her carrier.She was fluent in russian and got the job as a russian teacher at my school .This woman was HOT and teasing us ;) kids with fondling with her boobs during class:D .I'm sure Kilrtoy would have appreciated it too:D :D . I didn't fare well in russian and she called on my parents to see her to discuss the situation.I talked to my brother [ he's 17 yrs older than me]about her and he gladly took interest to speak to her instead of telling my parents:cool: .He hung around with her afterwards for a while ,and needless to say I never had a problem with my grade after that :D :D :D

gigamurph
12-11-2003, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by Jetdriver
Hey I remember back in High School, we had a teacher that made all the girls sit in the front row that had skirts on then he would get up from his desk with a big ol woody!!!!!! Then he would flirt with them! Heres the catch. This was in a private christian school. Sounds like a Spanish teacher I had in high school. He'd set his classroom up in a horseshoe configuration and put the girls on one side and the boys on the other. One of the girls was a good friend and we'd meet before and go to Spanish class together, havin' to stop at the girls' restroom each day. One day I caught her turned towards the teacher and gave her a "WTF?" nod. She turns towards me and spreads her legs and she's "breezin'" (no underwear)! She informed me that everyday, when we stopped at the restroom, she went in to take off her underwear! Ya know, she won the Spanish award that year and couldn't even say hello or count to ten in Spanish!.....and she was the Baptist minister's daughter! Damn Baptist! We're smarter than you Catholics gives us credit for! :D

gigamurph
12-11-2003, 10:56 PM
Oh; JBR, this clown is talkin' cocaine and showin' his painted toenails to his students? Methinx this fruitcake needs to be dealt with NOW! :frown:

Kilrtoy
12-12-2003, 01:39 AM
WHAT
Hot teacher rubbing her BOOBS
Of course I would love that thatnks spectra....

Seadog
12-12-2003, 06:44 AM
Senior year math teacher a real hottie, wore minis and would sit on the front of her desk. It was a battle to get to the center rows of seats.

Buff
12-12-2003, 09:43 AM
JB Rich:
I wouldn't be concerned about your daughter's exposure to the oddball physics teacher. I'm sure she has been parented to understand that our race has a multitude of different personalities. Most of us have experienced oddball teachers and it has been my experience that the oddest of all the teachers I ever had was the best at imparting his subject to the students.
Don't worry about your daughter - I'm sure she recognizes this guy as "weird." But imagine if Einstein himself were her teacher - the electric hair, the goof-ball apparent lapses of attention, etc. - hell this goofy guy may turn out to be the most influential teacher your daughter may ever have.
Buff

JetBoatRich
12-12-2003, 10:37 AM
Thanks BUFF, from what my wife said I hope you are wrong:yuk:

Forkin' Crazy
12-12-2003, 10:51 AM
I think you need to take time to vist the VP in person. Usually works way better than a phone call. Express your concerns. How many complaints has been made against this teacher? Sounds like he needs to get the ax.
Teachers..... how about the one that told all the small kids she was teaching that there was not Santa? That pissed me off too.
What the hell was her point?
Just like your daughter's teacher, WTF was he thinking even talking about cocaine???
That sucks. I think I would have to pay the VP a personal visit for sure!!

spectras only
12-12-2003, 11:54 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kilrtoy
[B]WHAT
Hot teacher rubbing her BOOBS , forgot to mention,she never had a bra on and her radio buttons were always perked on
:D

Waldo
12-12-2003, 01:05 PM
JBR, as a teacher, I DO NOT AGREE with the analogy used by your daughter's science teacher or the "F'n teachers" comment for that matter. Not all teachers are like him.
That was a pretty stupid call on his part. There are plenty other relative examples that could have been used besides that one. I would second the notion of going down to the school and having a pow wow (talk - not shouting match) with the teacher, assistant principal, principal, and any others you may want to include. Make sure your daughter is there also...her voice is very important in situations like this. Don't give up until you are satisfied with the outcome. The more you are involved with your child's education the better.
Spectras Only, I disagree with you regarding teachers "sticking together like doctors". Maybe your friends do that for certain reasons but where I teach, it doesn't work like that. Someone screws up or is not a very appropriate teacher there are consequences just like students receive consequences for screwing up. We pretty much forced (my department, not the district) a teacher to retire two years ago because she absolutely had NO CONTROL of her students or teaching and it was affecting my entire department.
And lastly, I agree with Buff and Thor about the parents being the parents. Teachers need to stick to teaching the curriculum and not spewing their views upon their students. Parents are the FIRST TEACHERS in a child's life. A child learns more in their first 5 years of life than the entire rest of their living lives (I've said this before).
Good luck with resolving your situation.
BTW...just so you don't think I am a horrible teacher on the computer right now...this is my conference time and I don't have students this period.

JetBoatRich
12-12-2003, 02:22 PM
Thanks for all the replies, I called again this morning and finally talked to the VP. She had no idea what was going on and it "SWEPT UNDER THE RUG"
so more to follow after we talk with her next week.

rvrtoy
12-12-2003, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Waldo
JBR, as a teacher, I DO NOT AGREE with the analogy used by your daughter's science teacher or the "F'n teachers" comment for that matter. Not all teachers are like him.
That was a pretty stupid call on his part. There are plenty other relative examples that could have been used besides that one. I would second the notion of going down to the school and having a pow wow (talk - not shouting match) with the teacher, assistant principal, principal, and any others you may want to include. Make sure your daughter is there also...her voice is very important in situations like this. Don't give up until you are satisfied with the outcome. The more you are involved with your child's education the better.
Spectras Only, I disagree with you regarding teachers "sticking together like doctors". Maybe your friends do that for certain reasons but where I teach, it doesn't work like that. Someone screws up or is not a very appropriate teacher there are consequences just like students receive consequences for screwing up. We pretty much forced (my department, not the district) a teacher to retire two years ago because she absolutely had NO CONTROL of her students or teaching and it was affecting my entire department.
And lastly, I agree with Buff and Thor about the parents being the parents. Teachers need to stick to teaching the curriculum and not spewing their views upon their students. Parents are the FIRST TEACHERS in a child's life. A child learns more in their first 5 years of life than the entire rest of their living lives (I've said this before).
Good luck with resolving your situation.
BTW...just so you don't think I am a horrible teacher on the computer right now...this is my conference time and I don't have students this period.
Good post Waldo. Being a teacher is hard enough (from what I see and hear) without jack-ass acid burnouts posing as physics teachers making your job harder by having no ethics.
Thank you for all your good work Waldo...keep educating our youth. Lord knows they need it:)
Is this guy the science teacher from "My Science Project":rolleyes:

Waldo
12-12-2003, 04:50 PM
Definitely let us know what happens JBR.
Thanks for the kind words RT.
Only one more week of work for us (wifes a teacher too) and then two weeks off for winter break....but who's counting!

twistedpair
12-12-2003, 05:38 PM
In college I had a prof. who was trying to explain the mechanics of an impinger (air sampling device). After about 10 min. of theory and complete blank stares from the class, he stopped and kinda looked around and says in a lowered voice........... Ok. you guys know what a bong is? About 99% of us immediately grasped the concept!

MJ19
12-12-2003, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Waldo
but who's counting!
Everyone who has a winter break :D One more week for this house hold too ;)

MJ19
12-12-2003, 07:24 PM
My .02
I get frustrated when people make a mistake and can't just say "Sorry I made a mistake" but rather lie, cheat and steal to get out of saying a simple apology.
This particular teach sounds like a freak and maybe should get out of the business of influencing young minds. :(