PDA

View Full Version : My January ***boat just arrived.

Mandelon
12-11-2003, 07:09 PM
Did yours? :D
(I know, I know......"***boat has a magazine?" :rolleyes:

MRS FLYIN VEE
12-11-2003, 07:10 PM
damn your mail comes late.. i got mine at 2:00.. today.. ;) :D

Coach
12-11-2003, 07:27 PM
Got it and am really liking the Aftershock Violator with the roll cage. Can't say I like the yellow but the interior is growing on me.

BADBLOWN572
12-11-2003, 07:29 PM
That "roll cage" is completely pointless in my opinion. The cat doesn't throw enough wake to worry about wakeboarding behind it. I have behind my cat and it sucks!

SCUBA STEVE
12-11-2003, 07:31 PM
Got mine too. Aftershock is doing some "custom" stuff now.
The roll cage could be used as a beer bong holder? :cool:

BGMAN203
12-11-2003, 07:34 PM
I got mine today too.

waterboy
12-11-2003, 07:41 PM
the mailman must not be done with mine yet:mad:

BADBLOWN572
12-11-2003, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by SCUBA STEVE
The roll cage could be used as a beer bong holder? :cool:
Good point! can also be used as a stripper pole if the conditions are right!

dr. margarita
12-11-2003, 08:02 PM
got mine....loved the article on page 71!:D

SCUBA STEVE
12-11-2003, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by BADBLOWN572
Good point! can also be used as a stripper pole if the conditions are right!
That be true! :D

Havasubum
12-11-2003, 08:30 PM
dr. marg
haven't got a chance to read the article yet but the boat look good

Mandelon
12-11-2003, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by dr. margarita
got mine....loved the article on page 71!:D
Looking Good Doc, looking good!!! :D :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

hboldno7
12-11-2003, 09:12 PM
I cant read ***boat in the winter, it makes me Cry...:frown:

Kilrtoy
12-12-2003, 01:43 AM
HB actually slammed a boat manufacture
Eclipse,
it is there second time and the review was worse than The first one.
maybe they will continue this trend of honesty and start to tell all about these manufactures.....

LASERRAY
12-12-2003, 06:03 AM
I got my POWERBOAT mag today but not my ***boat. WTF?:mad: I guess you L.A. dudes get it a day before us rednecks up here in the 805.:rolleyes:

Boatmaster
12-12-2003, 07:52 AM
Still have'nt got mine, can anyone tell me if in the back there are any write ups on a few 25-26 Nor Cal Cats? One is mine and I have been waiting since July since the photo shot to see it! From what I was told this is the one it going to be in.

1Bahnerjet
12-12-2003, 07:57 AM
I'm Luck if I get it the same Month as Issue (its always late, maybe the Mailman takes it home First then I get it when the next Issue comes out :rolleyes: ) I only read the last few Pages anyway. :D

rivercrazy
12-12-2003, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
HB actually slammed a boat manufacture
Eclipse,
it is there second time and the review was worse than The first one.
maybe they will continue this trend of honesty and start to tell all about these manufactures.....
Probably not advertising enough in ***boat then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p

Boatmaster
12-12-2003, 09:33 AM
Come on you guys are killing me somebody please look for my 25 DCB Daytona is in this issue!:(

phebus
12-12-2003, 10:59 AM
Didn't see the NorCal cats. Well, there's always next month. :)

jbtrailerjim
12-12-2003, 11:18 AM
I alway's get mine about a week later than everyone get's there's. Must be a 909 thing.:rolleyes:

Kilrtoy
12-12-2003, 11:59 AM
Come on you guys are killing me somebody please look for my 25 DCB Daytona is in this issue!
Not in there and when did DCB start making a 25 footer and call it a DAYTONA

Havasu_Dreamin
12-12-2003, 12:09 PM
but am I the only one that thnks that the Aftershock looks like hell with that teak swim platform? It just looks out of place. I understand the functionality of it but it looks goofy on that type of boat. Just my $.02.

Kilrtoy
12-12-2003, 12:10 PM
Im with you HD
It looks stupid as a FOOTBALL BAT

Essex502
12-12-2003, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Havasu_Dreamin
but am I the only one that thnks that the Aftershock looks like hell with that teak swim platform? It just looks out of place. I understand the functionality of it but it looks goofy on that type of boat. Just my $.02.
That's so that their children and "teak surf" so they won't reproduce!

Boatmaster
12-12-2003, 01:14 PM
Kilrtoy what do you think Dave built his name on. Up until 97 Dave did'nt make his own hulls and he custom rigged Eliminators. Mine was one of the last he rigged, it's a 97 25Daytona with twin 300s. I rebuilt the boat last year and was stopped at a lake in northern Ca last year and asked if Hot Boat could do a shot on it. I got a phone call from them about two months ago and they said it would be coming out soon. Who knows maybe it will never be in there.

fourspeednup
12-12-2003, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by LASERRAY
I got my POWERBOAT mag today but not my ***boat. WTF?:mad: I guess you L.A. dudes get it a day before us rednecks up here in the 805.:rolleyes:
I herr dat Laserray;) No respect fo da 805:D

Kilrtoy
12-12-2003, 03:02 PM
I know where he got his start, I have never heard them called that though.
So if that is what he called them, then I stand corrected....

eliminatedsprinter
12-12-2003, 03:25 PM
I still haven't got mine...

phebus
12-12-2003, 03:54 PM
Not just that slab of a swimstep, but that interior color, and that roll cage.....just sitting here scratching my head....Hmmmmm?

MudPumper
12-12-2003, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by phebus
Not just that slab of a swimstep, but that interior color, and that roll cage.....just sitting here scratching my head....Hmmmmm?
Is no one going to comment on the Southwind on page 142. I hate to be critical of anothers boat but WTF???????

phebus
12-12-2003, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by MudPumper
Is no one going to comment on the Southwind on page 142. I hate to be critical of anothers boat but WTF???????
Nicer than the truck. :eek:

LASERRAY
12-12-2003, 04:25 PM
I found my copy of ***boat waiting for me when I got home today and immediatly turned to the LASER evaluation on page 75. Another excellant review! Just like the others that I have read on the VISION. A great value for us Po folk. That exact boat is on their showroom floor. A very nice boat. But I opted for the big block of course.:)

dr. margarita
12-12-2003, 06:03 PM
I'm not into ragging on anyone else's boat but I gotta tell ya, lose the tower, lose the puke tan interior which totally clashes with the exterior colors and lose the "pallet" hanging off the back. Replace the interior with an all white one and the swim step with a nice billet piece and they would've had a nice boat.
It blows my mind that given a rare opportunity for some killer, free marketing that some custom boat manufacturer's bring piles of dung for the buying public to not only see, but read a detailed analysis of what the reviewers are looking at!! Case in point: Eclipse, a new attempt at elite custom boating gets a right up they obviously deserved. Who in their right minds is gonna take valuable time and drive to Temecula and look at their boats? They did more damage to their future with this article...why not wait, do something decent and then have it reviewed?!

GlastronGuy
12-12-2003, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Mandelon
Did yours? :D
(I know, I know......"***boat has a magazine?" :rolleyes:
They have a mag and my step daughter is on the cover.

TPI
12-13-2003, 06:36 AM
DM,
nice article on the Bullet. I had heard they really liked the boat. I stopped by Howard the other day and there were Bullets for days. They are going strong.

GlastronGuy
12-13-2003, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by GlastronGuy
They have a mag and my step daughter is on the cover.
Just looked through it, she's on a bunch of the pages too.

SDLifesaver
12-13-2003, 04:07 PM
The Conquest on the cover is the one they brought to my house to make sure it fit in the garage. really nice boat. Dr. Marg, I called Mike today and offered a sales pitch for my Howard. I'll see if he bites or tells me to. Nick. By the way, you have a really nice boat.

roln 20s
12-16-2003, 09:40 AM
I've always said I wanted a cat, but man, the more I see your boat (and other 25 bullets) and read about them, the more it makes the decision even harder. Great write up on a great boat. Can't wait to see it in person one of these days.
Just curious- why did you decide to go with Fully Hydrolic steering-- whipple or new motor down the road? Otherwise, you don't really need it do you?
Roln 20s

Sea Esta
12-16-2003, 10:19 AM
I was reading the article on the noise issue you guys in CA will be dealing with next year and having to put muffler tips on your boats. How are some of you going to be dealing with this issue?

MagicMtnDan
12-16-2003, 10:57 AM
***boat Administrator
Note from the Editors of Hot Boat
In the January issue, the Performance Evaluation test of Shockwave's 29' Magnatude incorrectly reports a top speed of 81.0 mph. One of our driver's data was inadvertantly left out of this boat's test information, and he recorded a top speed of 88.6 mph. We apologize for any confusion or bruised egos caused by this omission.
For those of us who didn't get their January issue yet (HEY ***boat! I got my t-shirt thanks! Now how about sending me the magazines I paid for!), what kind of power is in this Shockwave 29' Magnatude? I'm guessing twins but it's only a guess and I don't know what displacement.