PDA

View Full Version : Good Guy Beats The Bad Guys! (THIS is Gun Control!)

MagicMtnDan
12-11-2003, 07:51 PM
'The good guys won'
By GREG GITTRICH, MELISSA GRACE and MICHELE McPHEE
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITERS
A Brooklyn, NY pet store owner who shot a pair of career criminals dead was hailed as a hero yesterday while cops called the killings justified.
"He's amazing," neighbor Bruce Eisen, 50, said of storeowner Ivan Blume. "It's nice to think the good guys won."
The armed thugs burst into Blume's Gravesend shop Tuesday night, announced a robbery and herded Blume and an employee into a back room. The lanky owner then wrestled a .38-caliber pistol out of one robber's hand and fatally shot him in the chest, cops said.
Then Blume spun around, saw employee Daniel Bonder, 17, being beaten by the other robber and opened fire again, catching the second bandit in the chest, too, police said.
The dead men were identified yesterday as Michael Live, 48, of Jackson Ave. in the Bronx, and Hector Perez, 33, of Trinity Ave. in the Bronx.
Live had been arrested at least 10 times since 1973 on charges including fraud, grand larceny and gun and drug raps, cops said. Perez had been arrested three times, but his record was sealed, police sources said.
Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly called the incident a "justified shooting" yesterday. And neighbors praised Blume, the proprietor of JG's Quality Canines at 2434 Stillwell Ave., for standing up to the bad guys.
A worker at a nearby pizza shop walked by Blume's shuttered store yesterday and shook his head at the recently rinsed sidewalk.
"They should have left the blood there to warn the next guy," he said, declining to give his name.
Blume was expecting a shipment of 22 pedigreed lap dogs Tuesday night and had more than $2,000 in cash on him when the robbers showed up just after 8 p.m., police sources said.
He has been targeted for robbery in the past, most recently in January, when a pair of thieves ran off with a Yorkshire terrier puppy. Blume chased after those robbers, too, but stopped when they pointed a gun at him.
"He is not the kind of guy who was going to let himself get robbed," a police official said.
Cops recovered a cache of weapons in the store, including the .38-caliber weapon used in the killings, a 9-mm. handgun, a .25-caliber pistol and a stun gun.
Blume told police all the weapons belonged to the dead men, but cops weren't so sure, sources said.
Kelly said it is unlikely that Blume - described by neighbors as a quiet, mild-mannered man who lives with his wife above the store - will be charged with any crime.
The decision not to prosecute Blume was applauded by other business owners and residents along the bustling block, who said they have been terrorized by criminals in recent months.
"People should be able to protect themselves," said Lori Latori, 47, who lives next to the pet shop. "Enough is enough."
Live's daughter Lucinda Live, 17, insisted her father was a hardworking butcher.
"He always goes to work early and comes home late," she said. "My mother was shocked about this."
Blume remained in seclusion yesterday. "He's not doing too well right now," said a woman who answered his phone.

dr. margarita
12-11-2003, 08:07 PM
That guy is my Hero!! Taking a gun from a career thug and then shooting him with it and his ****wad cohert!!!! That rocks!

MagicMtnDan
12-11-2003, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by dr. margarita
That guy is my Hero!! Taking a gun from a career thug and then shooting him with it and his ****wad cohert!!!! That rocks!
AND they aren't around to sue the poor bastard! Because you know some effen lawyer would've come along and taken the criminals' case and sued the guy they attacked. Question for you - if all the lawyers were in jail who would defend them? :D

dr. margarita
12-11-2003, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by MagicMtnDan
if all the lawyers were in jail who would defend them? :D
Only the ones that defended OJ:D

MudPumper
12-11-2003, 10:01 PM
Justice is served!!!!!!!

Moneypitt
12-11-2003, 10:16 PM
The best part about this article, there is only one story. HIS !!! Right on "Joe citizen", no taxpayer funded trial, no life long cost for prison, and two low life assholes off the street for good!!!...................Moneypitt

vdrivenman
12-12-2003, 03:52 AM
hell yeah!!
thats what we're talkin about. u are taught to shoot to kill & eliminate the threat. never say u only meant to wound them.if u say u only meant to wound them, u are leaving yourself wide open for criminal & civil charges !
they got EXACTLY what they deserved.
and as for the famalies they were probably VICTIMS and suffered from their being CAREER CRIMINALS !

burbanite
12-12-2003, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by titties and beer
they have family:(
You are right and once again they are the ones that suffered because their ****ed up relatives made the wrong choices in life, those assholes are to blame for any suffering they are enduring.

78Eliminator
12-12-2003, 09:51 AM
...some opinions from those who wear a badge here. If someone breaks in my house and is threatening, is it a good idea to unload my magazine?
I had a family friend who is an officer up in Oregon tell me to literally unload the clip if someone tries to rob me. Is this good advice?

JakeAisA
12-12-2003, 10:09 AM
Hey guys, did you know guns are banned in New York City? Gun Control doesn't get any more controlling then in New York City. So my question is, why did these guys have guns if they're illigal to possess? Hmmm, I wonder if Barbara Boxer and Dianne Fienstien will answer that question for us? What's worse, is that these guys apparently had been arrested before on "gun related charges", right? So why in the hell were they not still in prison? The NRA's broken record line is that we don't need more gun law; we need to enforce the laws already on the books. Sounds like a cookie cutter example for the NRA's argument, if you ask me.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
12-12-2003, 12:49 PM
I love stories like that. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

LHC30Victory
12-12-2003, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by 78Eliminator
...some opinions from those who wear a badge here. If someone breaks in my house and is threatening, is it a good idea to unload my magazine?
I had a family friend who is an officer up in Oregon tell me to literally unload the clip if someone tries to rob me. Is this good advice?
Why waste good ammo?
You have the right to protect yourself or others from harm. Shooting to disarm or "wing" them is stupid and only a Hollywood idea. If you are justified in shooting them, then shoot to stop what the danger to you or yours is. In my book that means two to the chest and one fail safe between the eyes.
Just a side note: Be prepared for the emotional crap that will unfold upon you (usually from yourself!).