PDA

View Full Version : curious

framer1
12-12-2003, 08:13 AM
How many girls own boats. Not counting half ownership with your husbands. No special reason just curious.

SERIOUS ISSUES
12-12-2003, 08:30 AM
my wife has a revenge superstock. I turn the wrench and she drives and yes its her boat.
see pic here
http://www.superstockracing.com/photos/20021101FIR/ss741_fri.jpg

Kilrtoy
12-12-2003, 10:55 AM
The only women that own boats are the ones that STOLE them from there husbands in a divorce.....

ratso
12-12-2003, 11:04 AM
Damn straight Kilrtoy..:D

SERIOUS ISSUES
12-12-2003, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
The only women that own boats are the ones that STOLE them from there husbands in a divorce.....
not true. that was her birthday gift.
and we are still married:D :D :D

jackpunx
12-12-2003, 11:29 AM
OK.. how many of us got our boats from our wifes as a gift?

Kilrtoy
12-12-2003, 11:58 AM
not true. that was her birthday gift.
That doesnt count ,
REREAD THE FIRST POST...

SERIOUS ISSUES
12-12-2003, 12:45 PM
It counts.
It just asked how many girls own boats (no half owners). not how they got it.
I am not on the title and it is not financed. she is a sole owner.

burbanite
12-12-2003, 01:54 PM
There's one over on the v drive board...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/143Traci_in_neurotic-med.JPG

miller19j
12-12-2003, 01:58 PM
nm

SERIOUS ISSUES
12-12-2003, 02:03 PM
that is a PIMP DADDY boat.
is that here boat?????
nice no matter what.:)

MudPumper
12-12-2003, 02:04 PM
The reason more women don't own boats is because they can barely drive a car.:D

Dave C
12-12-2003, 02:11 PM
jack
Did you ever see the episode of the simpsons that Homer got his wife a bowling ball as a gift with his name on it?
She said but it has your name on it. He said well if you don't want it.........

Flat Nasty
12-12-2003, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by MudPumper
You've got to be kidding me, right?

bigq
12-12-2003, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by burbanite
Sweet:D A girl owning that and pulling it with a big crew cab 4X4 would be enough to get me aroused.;) I love that.:D

MJ19
12-12-2003, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by framer1
How many girls own boats. Not counting half ownership with your husbands. No special reason just curious.
I may not count as I'm married, but our boat was purchased because I wanted one. Miller wasn't sure if he wanted a boat or not...now-a-days you couldn't part him from "His" boat. ;)

MJ19
12-12-2003, 02:50 PM
Not True :rolleyes: The real reason (or at least I speak for myself) is because it's a man's job to maintain the boats & cars...so I had to find a husband first before I could buy a boat :D

Mrs. Bordsmnj
12-12-2003, 02:51 PM
:yuk: :yuk:

jackpunx
12-12-2003, 02:52 PM
That is like getting your 1 year old baby a RC Car or boat... Who is it really for?
Originally posted by Dave C
jack
Did you ever see the episode of the simpsons that Homer got his wife a bowling ball as a gift with his name on it?
She said but it has your name on it. He said well if you don't want it.........

SERIOUS ISSUES
12-13-2003, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by jackpunx
That is like getting your 1 year old baby a RC Car or boat... Who is it really for?
It must be hard to believe a chick can have a nice boat. She has her boat and after the new house is done I will build my boat.
She has this boat because she wanted it, not me. I had a Biesemeyer and Canyon Marine hydro when we met. she fell in love w/ the biesemeyer but I had sold it. she wanted me to get another Biesemeyer, so I got her one for her birthday. that is the whole story.:cool: :eek!: :yuk:

framer1
12-13-2003, 08:30 AM
Sounds to me like there are some girls that own boats but they have husbands. What I didn't see was any girls having a boat with no husband or boyfriend not even with a divorce:rolleyes:

SERIOUS ISSUES
12-13-2003, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by framer1
Sounds to me like there are some girls that own boats but they have husbands. What I didn't see was any girls having a boat with no husband or boyfriend not even with a divorce:rolleyes:
out of all the boating people I know, there is one female that has a boat and no husband. as a matter of fact, my wife is the only other female I know that owns a boat.
As a side note, she does do alot of the maint. on this boat. she isn't afraid of getting dirty. That is even more rare I will admit.:)

BADBLOWN572
12-13-2003, 08:53 AM
Sounds like you got a keeper Serious!

SERIOUS ISSUES
12-13-2003, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by BADBLOWN572
Sounds like you got a keeper Serious!
thanks BB527. I would agree.

beyondhelpin
12-13-2003, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by MJ19
Not True :rolleyes: The real reason (or at least I speak for myself) is because it's a man's job to maintain the boats & cars...so I had to find a husband first before I could buy a boat :D
Did you wait to get a car till you had a husband?:rolleyes: :D

Miss BK
12-13-2003, 10:17 AM
When I was still a single woman - meaning no boyfriend either - I bought two race boats. My second boat I bought through a dealer. It was a terrific boat. A year later I met the builder and he's now my husband.
So, even tho it's rare that a woman will go out and buy a boat, without the input of any man, it does happen once in a while.

Back Forty
12-13-2003, 11:23 AM
Miss BK, your avatar has me rolling!!!

rrrr
12-13-2003, 01:57 PM
My wife always enjoyed taking our two jet skiis out with a friend. She met a bunch of fun girls at the gym she started going to a couple years ago, and they all wanted to go out and play at the lake.
So this year I bought her a little jet boat, made by Sugar Sand (weird name). It has a 175 HP Merc engine, basically the same powerhead on the 200 OB. She is OK with towing it and backing up, but not great. I keep catching her doing the "Uh, could you please back my boat in the water?" deal at the boat ramp :D.
She loves the boat, it's no harder to drive than a PWC. We took a safe boater class about six or seven years ago, I think we'll do it again this winter to give her a refresher.

vdrivenman
12-13-2003, 02:17 PM
my wife doesn't own her own boat, but has her on scooter and does the majority of the wrenching on a lot of our stuff.
pic's of her bikes. did her own tuning and computer set up on the warrior.
she is an instrument mechanic .

Miss BK
12-13-2003, 03:36 PM
Pic is kinda old, but boy, these days sure were FUN! I had the time of my life.

Her454
12-13-2003, 04:20 PM
Firsdt of all, let me clear the air here.............I have owned a boat since I was 21 years old, on my own. Then when I got married my husband (now ex) and I sold it and bought another one. When we divorced, that boat was sold. "I" purchased another one....and have had one ever since. I did not benefit in any way from the divorce, in fact lost alot that I had prior. I own a boat because I've been raised in them, love to boat and didnt want to depend on OR use someone for their boat.....with a dad and 3 brothers who were mechanics, I'm the first to jump in and make sure it maintained properly and Im not afraid to get my fingernails dirty. :) Shocks alot of people when they see me towing, driving etc, but nothing makes me more angry than when people say I got my stuff through a divorce etc.
Thanks.................."HER454".

mike37
12-13-2003, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Her454
Firsdt of all, let me clear the air here.............I have owned a boat since I was 21 years old, on my own. Then when I got married my husband (now ex) and I sold it and bought another one. When we divorced, that boat was sold. "I" purchased another one....and have had one ever since. I did not benefit in any way from the divorce, in fact lost alot that I had prior. I own a boat because I've been raised in them, love to boat and didnt want to depend on OR use someone for their boat.....with a dad and 3 brothers who were mechanics, I'm the first to jump in and make sure it maintained properly and Im not afraid to get my fingernails dirty. :) Shocks alot of people when they see me towing, driving etc, but nothing makes me more angry than when people say I got my stuff through a divorce etc.
come over and work on my boat I hate geting my nails dirty

Her454
12-13-2003, 05:47 PM
LMAO......sorry, I only pick up a wrench for my own boat. ;)

Miss BK
12-13-2003, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Back Forty
Miss BK, your avatar has me rolling!!!
I got a kick out of this one too! :wink: :D

mike37
12-14-2003, 08:36 AM
LMAO......sorry, I only pick up a wrench for my own boat. ;)
Her454
were you at nacimeinto lake on memoreal day this year I think I saw your boat there ?

Dr. Eagle
12-14-2003, 10:27 AM
Right on girl!!!
(I think I'm in love....)

MJ19
12-15-2003, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by beyondhelpin
Did you wait to get a car till you had a husband?:rolleyes: :D
I waited to change the oil until I had a hubby. :p ;) :D j/k

Dave C
12-15-2003, 12:36 PM
I know two but not on these boards.
One "mature" lady has a 27 Shockwave, 502 with a house on the delta.
Other younger gal has a 22 Wellcraft Scarab. 454.
Nice people too :D

Ziggy
12-15-2003, 01:26 PM
I know of one that lives in Havasu. Her first boat was from inheritance when her father passed. A Party Cat deck boat, which she apparently didn't care for very well. She then traded it in for a (I believe) DCB or maybe an HTM with twin OB's, and from what I've heard has kinda trashed it too.
Its my neighbors daughter.

jackpunx
12-15-2003, 01:39 PM
I have seen a few .. could be their old mans or not.. but there is nothing hotter then a attractive girl in an old truck putting a boat in the water..

bordsmnj
12-15-2003, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by Mrs. Bordsmnj
:yuk: :yuk:
RELAX WOMAN! he said car,not truck:cool:

Tom Brown
12-15-2003, 04:13 PM
Very nice. I'll bet she really goes.