12-12-2003, 02:31 PM
Just wanted to say that!!!!

rvrtoy
12-12-2003, 02:42 PM
Do you feel better now...
Do you suffer from Turrets Syndrom?:confused: :p

gnarley
12-12-2003, 02:47 PM
OK so for those that don't know what AB 1555 is how about explaining it in an unbiased nutshell? Should I know about this & how will it affect me?

MudPumper
12-12-2003, 02:52 PM
California exhaust-noise limitations. The rules are as follows:
If your boat, equipped with an engine manufactured after Jan 1993 measures more than 88 db at idle or 90db for boats with engines made before 1993, you are in violation. The db meter is positioned only 39 inches from the transom. Also if you measure over 75 db at any speed and at any distance with the db meter on shore you are in violation. The new Hot Boat has a good article on it. Page 12

eliminatedsprinter
12-12-2003, 02:53 PM
When we went to BV a couple of weeks ago 3 of the boats our group brought were kicked off the lake for noise. Mine, Duke's, and Mirvin's were the only ones they let stay on.:mad: My boat is quiet..... Too quiet.:eek:

MudPumper
12-12-2003, 02:56 PM
That sucks, I go to BV all the time. I know my boat wont pass, OTT.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/3033SW_Pyramid5-med.JPG

jackpunx
12-12-2003, 03:00 PM
Yea.. I’m feeling screwed these days.. I cant really get ins because its to fast .. And I cant really go on any local lakes with out the possibility of getting kicked off or a ticket....
I just love my boat way to much to sell out right now..

rvrtoy
12-12-2003, 03:00 PM
In that case F@#$ AB 1555...Now I feel better as well!!:D

jackpunx
12-12-2003, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by MudPumper
That sucks, I go to BV all the time. I know my boat wont pass, OTT.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/3033SW_Pyramid5-med.JPG
Im pretty sure its a winter thing.. as soon as they get more people out there.. the noise violation will go down on the list of priorities.. (hope so)

eliminatedsprinter
12-12-2003, 03:10 PM
Of the three of us they left alone 1 (mine) was an OB and 2 have V 8s with through transom exhausts that come out under their swimsteps.

gnarley
12-12-2003, 03:34 PM
OK I knew it by the New noise law not the bill number, yeah it sucks!

Cas
12-12-2003, 05:27 PM
you bitch and complain about it but did you write the Gov or your elected official?
This was talked about months ago.

Havasu Cig
12-15-2003, 08:57 AM
They have an article about the new bill in the new ***boat Mag. It is going to be a pain in the a$$ if it is enforced.
I have mufflers on our boat, but with twins, and measured 39 inches from the transom I don't think I will pass. They said there is no provision in the law for multiple engine boats.
I was wondering how the commercial fishing boats ect.. are going to pass. I was at Oceanside Harbor this past weekend and one of the cattle boats was headed out, and it is about as loud as our boat.
Might be time to consider O/B's:confused:

Cas
12-15-2003, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by Havasu Cig
Might be time to consider O/B's:confused:
NO FRIGGIN WAY! I'll paddle first...... :pig_flyi:

spectras only
12-15-2003, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Havasu Cig [/i]
They said there is no provision in the law for multiple engine boats. Cig ,when you'll be asked for checking your DB ,just start one engine at a time . ;) .If they ask you to start both engines ,just tell them the extra noise coming from a phantom boat next to you :D . It would be unfair to pay a penalty for a multi engined rig. Would that mean , no two single engined boats would be allowed to take off side by side from the shore ? We don't have the resources here to police boaters like you guys have it .:p . Time to rig those minnkota [sp] trolling motors to your transoms:D

Freak
12-15-2003, 11:42 AM
jackpunx
When you want to sell that bad boy let us know!

HavasuDreamin'
12-15-2003, 11:47 AM
Potential solution...........reroute the exhaust under the water line. :idea: It sucks, but I think it would work.

MudPumper
12-15-2003, 12:09 PM
Does anybody know how this law came about?? Was there some endangered species of duck that was being deafened to extinction by loud boats? WTF?

Havasu Cig
12-15-2003, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by HavasuDreamin'
Potential solution...........reroute the exhaust under the water line. :idea: It sucks, but I think it would work.
Screw that, I will sell the Cig before I hack it up. It can find a better home in a state that does not have stupid ass noise laws.
You can thank the Blue Water Network for this law, along with a few other communist organizations.
This reminds me of the anti-gun groups. They go after I/O's for noise, and O/B's for polution. Their real goal is to outlaw all motorized boats.:mad:

jackpunx
12-15-2003, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Freak
jackpunx
When you want to sell that bad boy let us know!
thanks for the nice words.. I would move to AZ before I sold my boat at this point..

carbonmarine
12-15-2003, 07:13 PM
TURBINES WOULD PASS ! okay enough jokes....
?: ..... is there anyway to get this over turned with grass roots pen & pencil write in's with peoples names , etc.... put the measure up for vote, etc...?
Can somebody answer that one ??? I am sure that if we had a few folks, with a table at the launch ramps, poker runs, races, sand bar , etc state wide & also with more help, etc.... it might get enough signatures.....just maybe..... ** Who would know ? is this a course we can take ?
Rick32

Cas
12-15-2003, 07:24 PM
here's one thread from awhile back
exhaust noise law (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35317)

Essex502
12-16-2003, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by MudPumper
Does anybody know how this law came about?? Was there some endangered species of duck that was being deafened to extinction by loud boats? WTF?
The Bluewater Network got into bed with Assemblyman George Nakano of Torrance. They were in bed for an ealier bill on cruise ships as well.
Bluewater Network PUKES (http://www.bluewaternetwork.org/)