PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Trees

SoCal_fun
12-13-2003, 10:39 AM
Just got home from work, and now I'm off to get my tree with the family.
How bout you guys?
Do you go real or fake and have you got them up yet?
I'm going real,,,, about 5-6 foot, blonde, D-cups.....ooops sorry, I mean douglas fur.
:D

Rod-64
12-13-2003, 10:43 AM
We put ours up 3 days ago and the ****er started to die!!!:mad: We dismantled it...brought it back and got a different type and redecorated it. What a pain in the balls.:mad:
BAH HUMBUG.:yuk:

GlastronGuy
12-13-2003, 11:08 AM
No more kids at home = no more trees.
:)

SoCal_fun
12-13-2003, 11:38 AM
I'm back!
No cute blondes at Bruces tree farm in QH, but nice trees. I'm still partial to the Wife anyway, so that's okay..:D
Ended up with a 6 foot Douglass, really fresh and nice. Put it up and now our two new Kittens are trying to climb up it :eek!:
Time to get some sleep and get ready to decorate tomorrow!
Anybody else getting tree happy today?

MagicMtnDan
12-13-2003, 11:44 AM
9' fakey that looks real, doesn't need water, doesn't leave tree sap or needles all over (especially when taking it out after the holidays).
Fake tree is the way to go :cool:

SoCal_fun
12-13-2003, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by MagicMtnDan
9' fakey that looks real, doesn't need water, doesn't leave tree sap or needles all over (especially when taking it out after the holidays).
Almost went the fake route this year, but couldn't quie bring myself to do it. They really do look nice these days.
BUT,
I want the kids to remember the tree smell when they grow up (I always loved that smell as a kid).
Maybe in a couple of years (the Wife was really wanting the fakee).

phebus
12-13-2003, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by GlastronGuy
No more kids at home = no more trees.
:)
My wife and I look forward to the annual quickies under the Christmas tree each year. I don't think we'll ever stop putting one up! :D :D :D

Jbb
12-13-2003, 03:01 PM
lol......:D
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/181cj_28612-med.jpg

JetBoatRich
12-13-2003, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by MagicMtnDan
Did the same thing a couple years ago, paid for itself already;)
We bought a 9' tree, those are pretty expensive at the tree lot:D Have to agree, no mess and pretty simple. Go by the lots and pick up some scraps to get the smell:)

RVRGIRL
12-13-2003, 04:16 PM
We got our tree last weekend. 6 ft tree. Paid $33.00 for it. I think thats a lot for a tree. I do like the smell of them. But it does only last so long. Thought about getting a fake tree, but couldn't bring myself 2 get one. They do look a lot more real now- a- days. So maybe next year we will go the fake route. Then just buy some tree spray and spray around the house. :)

raff
12-13-2003, 08:12 PM
So Cal,
Hey man how have you been?
Sara and I don't get a tree but mom does so we are off tomorrow to get the tree for mom.http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/weihnachten/smilie_tannenbaum
So whats this about little cats running around the house?
Sara and I still owe you guys dinner so give us a call and we will set some thing up.
Mark out

RJ Nordic
12-13-2003, 08:24 PM
Went with the fake route 3 years ago 12 ft. Livingroom has catherdral ceiling where the tree sits. Looks real, paid for iteslf this year. So from now on it's all profit....more $ for stuff. Pick up scraps at the lot and the room smells like a ****en forest.
Kids are al 20's and 30's and seldom home, so it's just to make mama happy. Do love those quickies by the tree too. Great to unwrap my presents by also. Victoria Secrets items came in the mail today. Now just have to wrap them so WE can unwrap them on Xmas.:D

H20Advantage
12-13-2003, 09:09 PM
Every year the family goes to the tree farm the weekend before Thanksgiving and the kids pick a live tree.
The weekend after Thanksgiving we pick it up and take it home. They last through New Years this way without a problem.
Hopefully the kids will look back on this family tradition when they have their own families.

LASERRAY
12-13-2003, 09:14 PM
I'm up to my ears in christmas. Today we attended the annual hometown christmas parade,:sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: And Then we went to Home Depot for the Christmas tree. I really hate to admit the fact of where I bought the tree but it was pretty fresh, green, full and not to expensive. 6' Douglas Fir for $24.00:o

Boozer
12-13-2003, 09:33 PM
I havent put up a tree since I have lived on my own. Maybe when I find a Mrs. Boozer I'll put one up but until then no thanks.
When I do get one I'm going fake all the way. Real trees are a mess. For once I agree with MMD on something.
Real Trees cost you $30-$70 depending on the size. Fake trees cost you $80 for a super nice one at home depot the day after christmas. $80 for something that looks real but folds up and looks just as good for years and years to come without a mess is good enough for me. Is it good enough for you?
Maybe Ill go buy a tree this year and just keep it put away till I find Mrs. Boozer. Better to be prepared right?

anxious
12-13-2003, 10:04 PM
fake tree due to allergies. been up for a week now

SoCal_fun
12-14-2003, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by raff
So Cal,
Hey man how have you been?
Sara and I don't get a tree but mom does so we are off tomorrow to get the tree for mom.http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/weihnachten/smilie_tannenbaum
So whats this about little cats running around the house?
Sara and I still owe you guys dinner so give us a call and we will set some thing up.
Mark out
Sounds good to me! We got the kids a couple of kitties for an early xmas present. The are really cute and love to cuddle.
I'm off after the 17th for 10 days. I'll give you a call.

LASERRAY
12-14-2003, 01:56 AM
We're going to trim the tree on sunday. I like the Tacky, multicolored lights versus the single color theme. I find a decorative, single color tree very yuppyish, and sad.:o

Moomawnster
12-14-2003, 03:57 AM
If everybody planted one tree instead of killing it we could grow 2 or 3 hundred million new trees every year . But that would not be mindless, commercial, consumerism ..... $$$$$$ SOOOO What are we Sellebrating again ? anybody care ? What the **** is .... X-mas !!!
I think Jesus Christ of Nazareth would be pissed ! but he is probably trying to keep his dad from wiping us off the face of the planet , which we deserve !
Rant over ...........Moo

LASERRAY
12-14-2003, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by Moomawnster
If everybody planted one tree instead of killing it we could grow 2 or 3 hundred million new trees every year . But that would not be mindless, commercial, consumerism ..... $$$$$$ SOOOO What are we Sellebrating again ? anybody care ? What the **** is .... X-mas !!!
I think Jesus Christ of Nazareth would be pissed ! but he is probably trying to keep his dad from wiping us off the face of the planet , which we deserve !
Rant over ...........Moo That's a noble thought. But most trees now come from a tree farm, so it's not depleating the green belt. I'm cool with that.

goeasy8
12-14-2003, 09:19 AM
Have had a fake tree for a few years now. Wifey likes to put it up turkey day weekend so thats the way to go. Real ones smell nice but too much of a safety hazard.

MRS FLYIN VEE
12-14-2003, 09:25 AM
i have been readin this thread and it seems to me alot of you like the fake ones better .. i think i may have to go get a fake one this year i don't like the hazards that come from the real ones.. do they fold up or do they get put together some how.. sorry for the questions but i think it's safer with the little ones.. thanks in advance to anyone.. :D

RVRGIRL
12-14-2003, 10:46 AM
Okay, the Christmas season is upon us and I was just wondering.....What do you think is better a fake Christmas tree or a real Christmas tree. Personally I love real trees. They make the house smell wonderful and they just look so beautiful! Here are some pros and cons to both:
Fake Tree:
Pro's
1. Will last forever. 2. Only have to buy once.
Con's
1. Pain in the butt to assemble and disassemble. 2. Looks fake.
Real Tree:
Pro's
1. Smells and looks nice. 2. You just throw it out.
Con's
1. You chopped down a living tree.
PS Sorry if you don't celebrate Christmas due to cultural or religious reasons.
PEACE
PSS. Here is a pic of a fake tree. It looks pretty real to me.

Kilrtoy
12-14-2003, 10:53 AM
We bought a 7' tree. The smallest ever. We usually go between 9' and 10'
The trees SUCK this year and all the places are already out.
What happened this year....

Dr. Eagle
12-14-2003, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by phebus
My wife and I look forward to the annual quickies under the Christmas tree each year. I don't think we'll ever stop putting one up! :D :D :D
Nice...:D

RVRGIRL
12-14-2003, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
We bought a 7' tree. The smallest ever. We usually go between 9' and 10'
The trees SUCK this year and all the places are already out.
What happened this year....
The "Toys For Tots" place we got our tree from in Havasu,AZ. The guy that was helping us said that they lost a lot of trees this year due 2 fires in Oregan. ( I think it was Oregan). That is why the price of trees is higher this year and that they didnt get as many trees this year.

anxious
12-14-2003, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by MRS FLYIN VEE
i have been readin this thread and it seems to me alot of you like the fake ones better .. i think i may have to go get a fake one this year i don't like the hazards that come from the real ones..
yes, i think alot of peple like the fake ones:D :D