PDA

View Full Version : Downloadable ring tones?????

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
12-14-2003, 07:17 PM
Does anybody know of any FREE websites to get ringtones? All the free ones I go to they are for every other country except ours!

Dr. Eagle
12-14-2003, 07:28 PM
No, the carriers in the US have decided that it is a way to make more money...so I don't think there are any such places...

MagicMtnDan
12-15-2003, 07:09 AM
Yes there are sites where you can download ring tones for free - my new cell phone dealer told me there's a couple of them but I don't know the URLs. Once I find out I'll post 'em here.

Dr. Eagle
12-15-2003, 08:12 AM
Good MMD, I have looked and given up. I REFUSE to pay those yahoos any more money...and I am in the Wireless business... on the Engineering side though.
The carriers are looking for "incremental" revenue. Since the cost per minute of use has gone so low for voice only, they are going to try to make money with data, ring tones, text messaging, or any other way they can.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
12-15-2003, 09:07 AM
Those bastards are trying to make too much damn money:mad: :mad: First you pay $300 for a phone, then you have to pay .99 for each ringtone!

leibniz
12-15-2003, 09:54 AM
the downloadble ringtones issue is more relative to the phone type than it is to the country one is in.
i.e. what model phone do you have? Quick google search should reveal many good sites...
Most newer phones have tone composers on them,which makes it fairly easy to create and share new tones, hence the expectation of plenty of good tones for the cost of downloading the file.
Note that the cost of getting the new tone may be relative to how you do it. Downloading a tone with the phone itself (dialing, downloading) will probably cost $$, as well as air time. That, as opposed to simply downloading the file off a web site to your PC, and then uploading it into your phone with a cable, IrDA, or Bluetooth.
Bill

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
12-15-2003, 10:16 AM
I have a nokia 6610 through t-mobile. i went through google and viewed about 30 pages of websites. All the free ones are for other countries. I am trying to send them to my phone from my computer.

NastyOne
12-15-2003, 10:46 AM
I used to use www.2thumbswap.com
Its Free.
(That will be $5 for the info)

MagicMtnDan
12-15-2003, 02:35 PM
OK, here it is - got ringtones and all kinds of other stuff
Click here for downloadable ringtones and more (http://www.3gupload.com)

leibniz
12-15-2003, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by 396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
I have a nokia 6610 through t-mobile. i went through google and viewed about 30 pages of websites. All the free ones are for other countries. I am trying to send them to my phone from my computer.
That's it. Download 'em to your PC. Connect your cable and load your software, and copy 'em up to your phone. Cost: $0.
(Assuming you already have the cable, or IrDA / BT capabilities)
:)
I'm an SE man, myself.