PDA

View Full Version : Offended?

Mandelon
12-14-2003, 09:15 PM
Somebody sent me this today.
All I have to say is, when will they do something about MY RIGHTS?
I celebrate Christmas, but because it isn't celebrated by everyone,
we can no longer say Merry Christmas.
Now it has to be Season's Greetings.
It's not Christmas vacation, it's Winter Break.
Isn't it amazing how this winter break ALWAYS occurs over the Christmas holiday??
We've gone so far the other way, bent over backwards to not offend anyone,
that I am now being offended.
But it seems that no one has a problem with that.
This says it all!
After hearing that the state of Florida changed its opinion and let a Muslim woman have her picture on her driver's license with her face covered this is an editorial written by an American citizen, published in a Tampa newspaper.
He did quite a job; didn't he? Read on, please!
IMMIGRANTS, NOT AMERICANS, MUST ADAPT.
I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture.
Since the terrorist attacks on Sept. 11, we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Americans.
However, the dust from the attacks had barely settled when the "politically correct" crowd began complaining about the possibility that our patriotism was offending others.
I am not against immigration,
nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to America.
Our population is almost entirely made up of descendants of immigrants.
However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our country,
and apparently some born here, need to understand.
This idea of America being a multicultural community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity.
As Americans, we have our own culture, our own society,
our own language and our own lifestyle.
This culture has been developed over centuries of struggles, trials,
and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom.
We speak ENGLISH, not Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic,
Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language.
Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society,
Learn the language!
"In God We Trust" is our National Motto.
This is not some Christian, right wing, political slogan.
We adopted this motto because Christian men and women,
on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented.
It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools.
If God offends you,
then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home,
because God is part of our culture.
If Stars and Stripes offend you,
or you don't like Uncle Sam,
then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet.
We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change,
and we really don't care how you did things where you came from.
This is OUR COUNTRY, Our Land, and Our Lifestyle.
Our First Amendment gives every citizen the right to express his opinion
and we will allow you every opportunity to do so.
But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about our Flag,
Our Pledge, Our National Motto, or Our Way of Life,
I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great American freedom,
THE RIGHT TO LEAVE.
If you agree -- pass this along; if you don't agree -- delete it!

fourspeednup
12-14-2003, 09:22 PM
Happy Kwanzaa Mandelon;)

anxious
12-14-2003, 09:26 PM
i agree 110%. just sent that do everyone in my email mailbox

FryJet
12-14-2003, 09:27 PM
HELL YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
F.J.

likeFATHERlikeSON3
12-14-2003, 09:51 PM
amen

LASERRAY
12-14-2003, 10:50 PM
I agree with that totally. Why can't people understand something as basic as that. Thank you for reaffirming my attitude.;)

12-14-2003, 11:18 PM
i agree you dont like get out

LASERRAY
12-14-2003, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by 257
i agree you dont like get out
???:confused:

prosthogod
12-15-2003, 10:27 AM
Hallaluyah!!! Brotha!!!

riverbound
12-15-2003, 10:36 AM
I strongly agree with you

spectratoad
12-15-2003, 10:57 AM
I totally agree and feel pretty confident in saying, without any polls to back up my gues, that over 90% of America agrees also but you know the old saying about the "squeaky wheel" and when that wheel has the megaphone of the biased media you know how that goes.
I LOVE AMERICA, THIS GREAT COUNTRY!! (in my best Russian accent)
:D

MsDrmr
12-15-2003, 12:06 PM
I get offended when I shop in a store that no-one speaks good english, or when a company calls to solicit and you cant even make out what they are saying. I say Merry Christmas, and anything else I want. I can't help that someone is offended. I think people need to visit thier own lives and beliefs and something as little as a word is offensive to them. It's not like calling someone fat or someting, any where they go they are gonna run into the words,
People need to "GET A GRIP"

HOSS
12-15-2003, 04:26 PM
**** `em all in the ass with a cactus!

Tom Brown
12-15-2003, 04:27 PM
Payote cactus?

HOSS
12-15-2003, 04:34 PM
Nah,,,the cylindrical cucumber variety. Soup can thickness no less.

Elk Chaser
12-15-2003, 04:53 PM
Full agreement here, sent it on and posting it everywhere I can think of.
Here's another one for ya along the same lines that has me tweeked as a parent right now and just shows how ridiculous things have gotten.....
I grew up having Christmas Parties, Christmas Plays or Valentines Day Parties in Elementary School as I am sure most people on here did also along with other types of holiday parties.
Well it seems the "politically correct" thing to do these days is not have these parties at all because not every student in the school celebrates holidays.
Why was this not a problem back when we were kids and now it suddenly is a big problem, since when did we become a nation of minority rules?
Screw the minority, this nation was built on the majority in all possible ways.
Make that cactus a yucca, maybe they'll bleed faster and won't make it to the hiospital in time.

MJ19
12-15-2003, 05:00 PM

Ziggy
12-15-2003, 05:20 PM
I totally agree...
My wife experienced this first hand last year as a GirlScout leader having a Craft day with her Troup making holiday ornaments. One little girl goes home to proudly show her mother what they had made...this girls mother called my wife and ran up and down both sides about how she damaged her daughters religious beliefs with this holiday ornament.....they were Jewish. The ornaments were not offensive and had many denominations included...I guess the mother just thought it was WAY beyond PC. The poor little girls mother made her give it back even though she was proud to have created it.
Thats overboard IMO. Can't we just get along?

Clown
12-15-2003, 05:28 PM
HALLALAYLU YA
AMEN BROTHER
CAN I GET A HELL YA:eek:

HOSS
12-15-2003, 05:29 PM
NO

Clown
12-15-2003, 05:30 PM
GO POUND SALT

Three Days Only
12-15-2003, 06:25 PM
Hell **** Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Its time someone does something about this crap. If your not all about being american, then get the hell out.
Screw the idea of giving illegals drivers licenses or anything else. There illegal get them the hell out of here. There costing us money, Im sick of paying for those ****ers and all there damn kids. I do not care about race or religon, im not racist, but if your illegal, dont be a sponge on our society, just leave.
My .02 -

canuck1
12-15-2003, 06:36 PM
This should include Canada as well

Super D
12-15-2003, 08:20 PM
Hell Yeah! We send Christmas cards with Christian symbols on them. If somebody wants to send me Hannakuh(sp) or whatever, then fine by me. i respect your beliefs, you respect mine.

fourspeednup
12-15-2003, 08:28 PM
Check this out, now we're even offending Christians...
ANTI-peace on earth (http://www.cnn.com/2002/ALLPOLITICS/12/03/abortion.christmas/)

Three Days Only
12-15-2003, 11:08 PM
It all comes down to the fact that no one can do anything right anymore. No matter how hard you try not to offend anyone, your always going to piss off someone. People just need to understand that everyone has a differnt opinion and to respect each others idea's and belife's(spelling?).
It's Choice On Earth this year, or is it peace on earth, or merry christmas, or seasons greetings, or happy holidays, or happy kawanza, I say Bah Humbug to everyone that's got a problem with any of it.
Merry ****ing Christmas To All, And To All A Good Night
Peace Out HBF
3DO
I quit smoking, so I need to vent.

Three Days Only
12-15-2003, 11:10 PM
You know, I actually feel a little better. Now if I can just fall asleep!!!!!!!!!!
THX - To whoever cares
C-ya

Kilrtoy
12-15-2003, 11:19 PM
Sh-lam-a-lack-a my brother,
Hell yeah. SPEAK ****IN ENGLISH........