PDA

View Full Version : Waiting for Boat

Kahuna
12-15-2003, 03:35 PM
I just ordered a new Aftershock '21 skier with the 6.2 Merc. It won't be done till sometime in February. I think I got a good deal but you never know how much you can get them down on price. It has only been a few day but it is already killing me, I can't wait to take it out, I may be cold when I get it but it won't stop me. It has taken this long to get a new boat so I guess I can wait a couple months. :D
I wanted to get a '25 foot Daytona but no one would insure me. I guess it is better to start with a small boat than one that will do 85 mph with a front intake for jet skies.:D

FastTimmy
12-15-2003, 03:39 PM
I think you can fit two jet skies in there....
You need to start a thread when you take it out for the maiden voage...and start the thread before you take it out.

boatnam2
12-15-2003, 03:42 PM
good luck rode in bordsmnj aftershock a few weeks ago nice ride.

jackpunx
12-15-2003, 03:44 PM
Nobody would insure you in a 25' boat?. Make sure your new boat does not go over 65..
Congrats.. Its going to be like the night before xmas for 2 months

Mrs. Bordsmnj
12-15-2003, 03:46 PM
We have a '03 Aftershock Skier with the 6.2 in it! We like ours alot.
The waiting sucks though. We used to go hangout at the shop with them and watch ours being built.:D

Kahuna
12-15-2003, 03:52 PM
Jason, gave me a ride when Aftershock did that demo day at Lake Ellsinore. That is what got me started looking at Aftershock and the price was below everyone else. Thanks Jason you answered a lot of questions for me.

bordsmnj
12-15-2003, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by boatnam2
good luck rode in bordsmnj aftershock a few weeks ago nice ride.
thanks Jim.:D
and Kahuna,i feel for yuh. the waiting sucks. we drove poor Paul nuts!:D

SCUBA STEVE
12-15-2003, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Mrs. Bordsmnj
We have a '03 Aftershock Skier with the 6.2 in it! We like ours alot.
The waiting sucks though. We used to go hangout at the shop with them and watch ours being built.:D
I know you did! I thought you guys were part owners! lol
Good luck with the boat, Kahuna. The waiting sux but it will be done in time for the season.
Ask them to add some matching pop up cleats in the middle of the boat by the passenger & driver. Dont know the exact term. I went through the whole season with out them, we managed but it would have been easier with them.
http://www.havasudoug.com/iB_html/uploads/post-14-09271-cleat_1.jpg
http://www.havasudoug.com/iB_html/uploads/post-14-09474-cleat_4.jpg

twistedpair
12-15-2003, 04:07 PM
Take some pics of the buildup process and post them here. Keeps us boat-junkies entertained, and keeps you busy during the interim!

bordsmnj
12-15-2003, 04:22 PM
i wonderd if that was you kuhuna! i think that makes
4 outa the five that test drove our boat that day ended up buying one. maybe aftershock will give me a job?! i had fun that day. keep us posted - we boat in feb. :D
those cleats are a good idea. i'm having some installed on mine to when i get around to taking it in.
i got about five rollls of film from our boat being built! i think i posted all the good one's a long time ago though.

SCUBA STEVE
12-15-2003, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by bordsmnj
i wonderd if that was you kuhuna! i think that makes
4 outa the five that test drove our boat that day ended up buying one. maybe aftershock will give me a job?! i had fun that day. keep us posted - we boat in feb. :D
those cleats are a good idea. i'm having some installed on mine to when i get around to taking it in.
i got about five rollls of film from our boat being built! i think i posted all the good one's a long time ago though.
You mean you dont get Royalty checks from Aftershock! Your getting robbed man. I think you would make a great boat slsm Jas. But sell for DCB so you can hook up a brotha!
Hope to see you & Linda soon. :D

Mrs. Bordsmnj
12-15-2003, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by SCUBA STEVE
But sell for DCB so you can hook up a brotha!
LMAO!!

SCUBA STEVE
12-15-2003, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Mrs. Bordsmnj
LMAO!!
If not DCB, how about Magic.... Scuba wants a magic deck boat really bad!! :D :cool:
Think Santa will bring me one, along with a new tow rig and a house in havasu?? :wink:

Vicjet
12-16-2003, 01:08 AM
Kahuna congratulations on your purchase. My wife and I were out at aftershock about a month ago.
After going to see several different manufacturers we decided to go with afterschock. We felt they were offering alot of boat for the money. All we are waiting for is to sell our current boat [1990 18ft panterra with 454 bbc]. I know the wait must be tuff, but at least your closer, than I am. best wishes Vicjet.

Kahuna
12-16-2003, 01:55 PM
I am trying to figure out what I need before I get the boat. How well do those box anchors work?

Mr.Havasu
12-16-2003, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Kahuna
I am trying to figure out what I need before I get the boat. How well do those box anchors work?
Box anchors are the best.
We have the small one and it held two large boats(28' & 26') in a strong current.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
12-16-2003, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Kahuna
Wait for the boat show and get the box anchor and slide anchor combo deal. Well worth it!!

Kilrtoy
12-16-2003, 02:38 PM
SCUBA,
Whats up with the boat you embarrasssed , why is it hiding like that.......
i remember the new boat thing,
Pickeed it up in the rain
took it out the next day in the rain.......
Now It just sits in the rain......

Kahuna
12-17-2003, 06:33 PM
I just got a great call today from Aftershock. They just started the boat in the mold. It was not going to get to the mold till after the New Year.
I am defiantly going to the LA boat show to pick up some of the things I will need.
:D

phebus
12-17-2003, 07:11 PM
Get one of the soft american-outdoors coolers at the show. You don't want to be banging up your new boat with a heavy hard sided ice chest.

Ivan Dan
12-18-2003, 12:14 AM
I'm with ya here man.....this is HARD waiting for a new boat....mine is supposed to be out of the mold tomorrow or Friday and then they are going to start working on the gel coat/graphics. MAN I'm soooooo antsy waiting it seems like it will never be done.
How long did Aftershock tell you it would take? Did you choose all of the interior and bimini colors already? Good luck man!
www.DanKaatz.com