PDA

View Full Version : Interesting email...

al cole'holic
12-16-2003, 10:01 AM
..anyone else get this??
by Dick Forrey of the Vietnam Veterans Association
Recently we asked the local TARGET store to be a proud sponsor of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall during our spring recognition event. We received the following reply from the local TARGET management: "Veterans do not meet our area of giving. We only donate to the arts,
social action groups, gay & lesbian causes, and education."
So I'm thinking, if the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall and veterans in general do not meet their donation criteria, then something is really wrong at this TARGET store. We were not asking for thousands of dollars, not even hundreds, just a small sponsorship for a memorial remembrance.
As a follow-up, I e-mailed the TARGET U.S. corporate headquarters and their response was the same. That's their national policy.
Then I looked into the company further. They will not allow the Marines to collect for 'Toys for Tots' at any of their stores. And during the recent Iraq deployment, they would not allow families of employees who were called up for active duty to continue their insurance coverage while they
were on military service. Then as I dig further, TARGET is a French-owned corporation.
Now, I'm thinking again. If TARGET can not support American Veterans, then why should I and my family support their stores by spending our hard earned American dollars and to have their profits sent to France. Without the American Vets, where would France be today?
Feel free to pass this along to whomever you want.
Sincerely,
Dick Forrey
Veterans helping Veterans

MissHavasuCig
12-16-2003, 10:04 AM
Hmmmmm.... Very Interesting!
I guess I'll stick with ol' Wally World (Walmart)....

Froggystyle
12-16-2003, 10:06 AM
Well, here's the deal...
I am going to do some of my own research, and if this is true, I have spent my last dollar at Target, forever.
Funny thing too, as I was heading down there to buy a couple hundred dollars worth of christmas decorations today.
Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

spectratoad
12-16-2003, 10:18 AM
I got this last year and I sent an e-mail directly to Target Corporate and received an immediate response that stated it was a bogus e-mail and that their policy was very contrary to what was stated in the e-mail. So in my opinion it is a hoax from someone that doesn't like Target.
Thjis e-mail is a little different than than last year though.

12-16-2003, 10:22 AM
I heard this along time ago. Since then my wife and I refuse to shop at Target. Its too bad, Target is just blocks from my house but we refuse to spend one nickle there. As far as I'm concerned Target can go bankrupted. Also I heard yesterday Target issued an earnings warning so maybe we are making a difference.

Ducatista
12-16-2003, 10:34 AM
I don't know if this info is true, but if Target is a French owned company, they will never see another dime from me! That's all the excuse I need....I do miss the Grey Goose though.....but Skyy has been filling in nicely!

Havasu_Dreamin
12-16-2003, 11:02 AM
This is what I found (http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/target.asp) on what is considered to be the most comprehensive internet site that veririfes urban legends as fact or fiction.

Kachina26
12-16-2003, 12:23 PM
I am so glad that someone took the time to actually check this out. Too many times I receive emails urging me to forward to everyone on my list something that is nothing more than a hoax. I've used that snopes.com site as well as www.urbanlegends.com (http://www.urbanlegends.com) to check these kinds of stories out.

al cole'holic
12-16-2003, 12:28 PM
I am glad too, my shitter would go to hell if there had to be a boycott of Target....

NastyOne
12-16-2003, 03:25 PM
Its good that we cleared that up... but IMO just because a company is big and has money doesnt mean they have to give to charity. You have to remember that outside of the company, they dont owe anyone jack shit. How many times have you got hit up for money and turned people down. (just my 02)

jbtrailerjim
12-16-2003, 04:44 PM
Glad it's a bogus e-mail. The wife and I prefer Target over Wal Mart. Thanks for taking the time to research it Havasu_Dreamin. This guy who created this e-mail what a jack ass.:rolleyes:

Mandelon
12-16-2003, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by jbtrailerjim
Glad it's a bogus e-mail. The wife and I prefer Target over Wal Mart. Thanks for taking the time to research it Havasu_Dreamin. This guy who created this e-mail what a jack ass.:rolleyes:
OR he works at Wal-Mart!! :D

TheLurker
12-16-2003, 08:05 PM
FYI
If you want an actual list of french corps. to boycot go to "www.frogweenies" it is a link to MetroSpy.
As for Target, as I recall at one time they were a division of DaytonHudson Corp. which includes...
Dayton Department Stores, Hudson Jewlers, Mervins Department Stores and Target Stores.
Im not into retail so I dont know if the ownership is the same or if any or all parts were spun off.

navycook
12-16-2003, 09:28 PM
If you think Target treates our Military poorly, you should see what the CEO of Ben & Jerry's Ice cream has to say...... Haven't had their Ice cream in years and will never again........
NavyCOOK
30 YR VET

Kilrtoy
12-16-2003, 10:01 PM
All these ****in nazi companies
its getting to the point ill have to get a business license so I can buy direct.
What next. Costco is supporting OSMA BIN LADEN

Kilrtoy
12-16-2003, 10:02 PM
CEO of Ben & Jerry's
**** beenie and jerkies
they support cop killers
I HAVE NEVER AND WILL NEVER EVER SUPPORT THEM OR ANY AFFILATES