MJ19
12-17-2003, 08:01 AM
He shot the pig in our vineyard.

Blown 472
12-17-2003, 08:01 AM
Didcha eat it?

MJ19
12-17-2003, 08:11 AM
Not yet...I believe it will be made into sausage (Miller might correct me when he gets back) :)

Blown 472
12-17-2003, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by MJ19
Not yet...I believe it will be made into sausage (Miller might correct me when he gets back) :)
Is he out hoggin agian?? I have done that a few times.:rolleyes:

MJ19
12-17-2003, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by Blown 472
Is he out hoggin agian?? I have done that a few times.:rolleyes:
He's on a business trip and his laptop is down :(
Actually the true story about the piggy is this:
the coyotes have been trying to call our dogs out and recently our neighbor found a yoddle puppy in their driveway calling their dog...so Miller and his friend were going to try and irradicate some yoddle pups. While getting their gear ready & standing in the driveway about 20 piggys crossed the hillside in our vineyard and boom, a random shot was taken and the morning hunt changed from coyote to pig.
Pigs taste better anyhow ;)
I'm still worried about our doggies and hope the coyotes take a hint and get out of dodge :mad:

Picklefork
12-17-2003, 08:29 AM
Were the pigs sampling the Pinot Noir or the Chardonnay?

MJ19
12-17-2003, 08:45 AM
Neither...died too fast ;)
Not to mention we only grow "Syrah" :D

Blown 472
12-17-2003, 08:49 AM
He's on a business trip and his laptop is down :(
Actually the true story about the piggy is this:
the coyotes have been trying to call our dogs out and recently our neighbor found a yoddle puppy in their driveway calling their dog...so Miller and his friend were going to try and irradicate some yoddle pups. While getting their gear ready & standing in the driveway about 20 piggys crossed the hillside in our vineyard and boom, a random shot was taken and the morning hunt changed from coyote to pig.
Pigs taste better anyhow ;)
I'm still worried about our doggies and hope the coyotes take a hint and get out of dodge :mad:
Can you say nite vision, a rabbit bleat and a .223??

Blown 472
12-17-2003, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by RiverDave
What the hell is a yoddle puppie?
As well, why did he shoot the pig? Or are these the Wild Boar kinda dealios that are dangerous?
Why is Miller on a mission to kill everything in site?
RD
Because they are vermin and he is a dude with some kickass guns, oh and cuz he can.

MJ19
12-17-2003, 08:52 AM
As well, why did he shoot the pig? Or are these the Wild Boar kinda dealios that are dangerous? RD
Yoddle Puppy = Wild Coyote
Piggy = Wild Boar
And yes both can be dangerous :)
If Neva was being attacked or called in by wild coyotes, would you shoot?
Come on up and stay the night with us sometime...you can sleep to the sound of coyotes killing pigs...it's such lovely music at 2am. ;)

MJ19
12-17-2003, 09:02 AM
Nevermind :D

68campbell
12-17-2003, 09:20 AM
Why is it that when we look for coyotes we find pigs and vise versa.
...And why do the big bucks come out when there out of season.
Saw 2 last weekend.

Blown 472
12-17-2003, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by 68campbell
Why is it that when we look for coyotes we find pigs and vise versa.
...And why do the big bucks come out when there out of season.
Saw 2 last weekend.
How do you think they got big??:D

Picklefork
12-17-2003, 09:30 AM
Is that little morsel of pork too old to put in the ground? Cooking the pig burried in the ground with hot rocks(don't give me no grief) is quite tasty and makes for a rip-roaring party!! And I would think Syrah would be acceptable with the pig.

MJ19
12-17-2003, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Picklefork
Is that little morsel of pork too old to put in the ground? Cooking the pig burried in the ground with hot rocks(don't give me no grief) is quite tasty and makes for a rip-roaring party!! And I would think Syrah would be acceptable with the pig.
I don't know if it's too late? :confused: When it comes to wild game...I have nothing to do with it until it's cooked and on my plate...I don't kill it, I don't prep it, I don't cook it...I just eat it :D Miller does all the hard work when it comes to wild game. Of course I'm sure there are other pigs to be had ;)
Oh an IMHO...Syrah goes with EVERYTHING AND ANYTHING :D
68 - Where did you see the bucks? We had a couple biggies in our driveway during the season, but Miller limits himself because he likes to let the population grow (see RD...Miller doesn't shoot EVERYTHING in sight...he's pretty conservative when it comes to hunters) :cool:

Ziggy
12-17-2003, 11:19 AM
Snort, snort.......SQEEEEEEEEEEEELL!!:D :D

75_Elim
12-17-2003, 11:26 AM
Hey Lindsey,
I'll trade a few party shirts for a crack at one of those pigs?? I love wild pork!! I can go stealth like with my bow or clean and quick with the 7mm Mag :D

Picklefork
12-17-2003, 11:55 AM
Mrs. Miller,
Shoot a coyote, partially bury it in your near vicinity. Sounds crazy, but coyotes hate that, they'll usually go somewhere else.
Dogs and cats are always in jeopardy in coyote areas. We have lots of coyotes here in Corriganville, the partial burial method has worked for us.

superdave013
12-17-2003, 12:18 PM
If ya kill it & grill it.
http://www.tednugent.com/
http://www.tednugent.com/photos/hunt/porkslam.JPG

MJ19
12-17-2003, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by superdave013
If ya kill it & grill it.
http://www.tednugent.com/
http://www.tednugent.com/photos/hunt/porkslam.JPG
Who's in this picture...he looks very familiar :)

MJ19
12-17-2003, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by 75_Elim
Hey Lindsey,
I'll trade a few party shirts for a crack at one of those pigs?? I love wild pork!! I can go stealth like with my bow or clean and quick with the 7mm Mag :D
Gotta talk with Miller about that...we've got enough to go around, but I am not fond of the bow & arrow method, pigs are too tough and it takes too long for them to die that way :( I like it clean and quick otherwise Miller will hear from me for DAYS!!! :mad:

MJ19
12-17-2003, 12:33 PM
Mrs. Miller,
Shoot a coyote, partially bury it in your near vicinity. Sounds crazy, but coyotes hate that, they'll usually go somewhere else.
Dogs and cats are always in jeopardy in coyote areas. We have lots of coyotes here in Corriganville, the partial burial method has worked for us.
I'll mention that idea to Miller (if he doesn't read it for himself) You know what would gross me out to no end...would be if our dogs dug it up and ate it...YUCK!!! :yuk:
You know when we have a pet die (and many friends have buried their pets here too) we use the tracktor to dig a HUGE hole because the coyotes will smell it and dig it up if it's anything less then 6-8 feet under. Pretty sick huh! :yuk:
well I've had my fill of gross stuff for one day. :D

Picklefork
12-17-2003, 12:44 PM
Exactly my point. After the coyotes dig up the deceased, they suddenly GET IT. They don't come back. Happy hunting.

MJ19
12-17-2003, 12:57 PM
Exactly my point. After the coyotes dig up the deceased, they suddenly GET IT. They don't come back. Happy hunting.
What part of "I've had enough "GROSS" for one day" did you not get :yuk: ;) :D

Blown 472
12-17-2003, 12:58 PM
What part of "I've had enough "GROSS" for one day" did you not get :yuk: ;) :D http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/501/3185free_cat-med.jpg

MJ19
12-17-2003, 01:05 PM
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/501/3185free_cat-med.jpg
Blown...you're a sick bastard too :yuk: ;) :D

Blown 472
12-17-2003, 01:09 PM
Blown...you're a sick bastard too :yuk: ;) :D
yup, get any xmas shoes?

MJ19
12-17-2003, 01:20 PM
yup, get any xmas shoes?
Yup...for $50 I'll send them to you http://www.riverratlife.com/forums/board/ubb/graemlins/loser.gif :p ;) :D

Blown 472
12-17-2003, 01:22 PM
Yup...for $50 I'll send them to you http://www.riverratlife.com/forums/board/ubb/graemlins/loser.gif :p ;) :D
Will they smell like your feet?

MJ19
12-17-2003, 01:25 PM
Will they smell like your feet?
for an extra $5 :D

Blown 472
12-17-2003, 01:27 PM
for an extra $5 :D
Humm, I think I am getting gouged, where do I send the check?:cool: :cool:

MJ19
12-17-2003, 01:33 PM
It's a bargain...I'll make sure BOTH shoes smell for the low price of ONE ($5) :D
Of course you never did make good on the Pimp Shiada you were going to buy me so how can I know you'll really pay this time.
Disclosure = I take "Paypal" and will not send the shoes until payment has been confirmed.
MJ (shrewed businesswoman) 19 :D

Blown 472
12-17-2003, 01:34 PM
It's a bargain...I'll make sure BOTH shoes smell for the low price of ONE ($5) :D
Of course you never did make good on the Pimp Shiada you were going to buy me so how can I know you'll really pay this time.
Disclosure = I take "Paypal" and will not send the shoes until payment has been confirmed.
MJ (shrewed businesswoman) 19 :D
That is cuz that thief 78 stole it out from under me, just when I was closing the deal.

68campbell
12-17-2003, 04:54 PM
The big bucks were up at Chamberlain's ranch by the 101/154 bout a mile in

MJ19
12-17-2003, 05:06 PM
That is cuz that thief 78 stole it out from under me, just when I was closing the deal.
Yeah yeah...heard that one before :rolleyes: ;)
68 - is that "Triple Trouble" in your avatar?

68campbell
12-19-2003, 12:25 PM
why yes it is

Picklefork
12-19-2003, 01:49 PM
I also have a cure for a chicken eating dog, revealed to me by the same county trapper with the coyote cure. However, I have decided to keep it to myself so as not to offend Miss MJ19. This is all useless trivia to most, unless one lives among wild animals.

miller19j
12-19-2003, 03:02 PM
Wow I guess I missed all the excitement on this thread.

MJ19
12-19-2003, 03:11 PM
I also have a cure for a chicken eating dog, revealed to me by the same county trapper with the coyote cure. However, I have decided to keep it to myself so as not to offend Miss MJ19. This is all useless trivia to most, unless one lives among wild animals.
It's a new day...I can take a little more 'gross' ;)
Is it the tie the chicken around the dog's neck theroy? :confused:
Why yes Mr. Miller...it was exciting while you were gone :eek: ;)

miller19j
12-19-2003, 03:21 PM
Who's in this picture...he looks very familiar :) That’s “Uncle Ted” the nuge! :)

Sleek-Jet
12-19-2003, 03:29 PM
So, is there a pig season, or do you hunt them on a small game license???
Never been pig hunting before, have some friends that go to Texas to hunt da pigs once in a while though.

miller19j
12-19-2003, 03:35 PM
You can shoot pigs all year you need a hunting license and a pig tag. A book of five pig tags is about $10.

Picklefork
12-19-2003, 03:40 PM
I would venture to say the excitement was in your own driveway, Mr. Miller. What time was it, did you need your nite vision? Maybe you can give us a sense of the hunt? Did you require an elephant gun? Please warn Mrs. Miller so that she may tune out.
And please accept my sincere deepest apologies Mrs. MJ19. I sometimes don't know when to retreat.

miller19j
12-19-2003, 03:43 PM
As well, why did he shoot the pig? Or are these the Wild Boar kinda dealios that are dangerous?
RD Dave I am pretty conservative in my shooting. 1 out of 20 is a fraction of the pig heard. I also limit the numbers of deer that I shoot so that I can keep the population strong. If I wanted I could shoot everything in site and kill them all but I do not. This year I had the opportunity to shoot at least 7 bucks and I only shot one (and the ones in Scotland).
My little world that I rarely venture out of is like my own grocery store. When the hillside is covered with pigs and the freezer is running low on meat. It is like going to the market and finding out that they are giving away steak.
Living in the city it may be hard to understand but I am just harvesting a natural resource. The small numbers that I harvest do very little to the game populations.

miller19j
12-19-2003, 03:52 PM
I would venture to say the excitement was in your own driveway, Mr. Miller. What time was it, did you need your nite vision? Maybe you can give us a sense of the hunt? Did you require an elephant gun? Please warn Mrs. Miller so that she may tune out.
And please accept my sincere deepest apologies Mrs. MJ19. I sometimes don't know when to retreat. It was about 6:30 am we were standing in the garage getting ready to go call a few coyotes. Then we saw the heard of pigs walking on the hillside out of the vineyard. My friend and I were both armed with 22-250’s (remember we were going to shoot coyotes) I didn’t want to shoot because the 55gr bullet in my gun would not do much to a pig so I let my friend shoot. At the time I didn’t know that he was shooting a 55 gr bullet as well. He shot and hit the pig cleanly behind the shoulder and the heard scattered. The boar was clearly hit but walked off wounded. I went into the house and swaped my 22-250 for my 25-06 and we went after it. When we came upon him I put a shot into him with my 25-06 killing him. That is about the excitement for the morning.
I would post a picture but last time I posted a picture of something dead I got a ration of shit for it.

MJ19
12-19-2003, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by miller19j
That’s “Uncle Ted” :)
How did superdave013 get his hands on a family picture of Uncle Ted?

Picklefork
12-19-2003, 03:59 PM
I'm serious about roasting the pig in the ground overnite, it's quite delicious that way. And you can thro one hell of a party while the cookin' is going on.

miller19j
12-19-2003, 04:01 PM
I'm serious about roasting the pig in the ground overnite, it's quite delicious that way. And you can thro one hell of a party while the cookin' is going on. I have had a few friends do it and they either come out really good or really bad. It is an awful lot of work and I don’t have enough friends to invite over to eat it. :D ;)

MJ19
12-19-2003, 04:01 PM
I'm serious about roasting the pig in the ground overnite, it's quite delicious that way. And you can thro one hell of a party while the cookin' is going on.
I'm game to throw a party and I'm sure Miller is game (correct me if I'm wrong) to shoot another boar...the catch is this:
NO ONE WILL DRIVE UP HERE FOR A PARTY :rolleyes: :(

miller19j
12-19-2003, 04:04 PM
NO ONE WILL DRIVE UP HERE FOR A PARTY :rolleyes: :( Maybe they are afraid of getting Shot! :D ;)

MJ19
12-19-2003, 04:14 PM
Oh they'll get a shot alright...a jello shot :D

Sleek-Jet
12-19-2003, 05:13 PM
Hell, I'll help ya shoot it, dress it out, cook it, eat it, you name it.
Just name a date and time, I'll be there.

wsuwrhr
12-19-2003, 05:47 PM
RD
When did you get a conscience RD?
Stop eating meat lately? haha.
Brian

wsuwrhr
12-19-2003, 05:50 PM
I was dying when I read this. Throwing caution into the wind.
Brian

Kilrtoy
12-19-2003, 05:50 PM
That was one bad looking dude.....
Yeah behind the little kid

wsuwrhr
12-19-2003, 05:55 PM
I'm getting to the point of wanting out of the rat race.
Do you guys have a vineyard?
Release some info. Maybe I need to pack up the motorhome again.
Brian

MJ19
12-19-2003, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by wsuwrhr
I'm getting to the point of wanting out of the rat race.
Do you guys have a vineyard?
Release some info. Maybe I need to pack up the motorhome again.
Brian
Beware Miller shoots at strange campers too...He says there is no limit on city slickers :p ;) :D

Picklefork
12-20-2003, 08:32 AM
When I was a kid and belonged to 4-H, there was a farmer Dad in the group that had a hay wagon. Every Christmas Eve, he would hook his old Oliver tractor to that hay wagon and pile some hay bales on it. All of the kids and a few adults would climb on. We would Carol thru-out our small town, stopping at the homes that gave us hot chocolate and spiced cider. Thinking back now, the adults probably got "adult beverages". Some of my best memories of Christmas!
I see you have a dandy tractor!!. I bet it would pull a hay wagon.

MJ19
12-20-2003, 10:08 AM
When I was a kid and belonged to 4-H, there was a farmer Dad in the group that had a hay wagon. Every Christmas Eve, he would hook his old Oliver tractor to that hay wagon and pile some hay bales on it. All of the kids and a few adults would climb on. We would Carol thru-out our small town, stopping at the homes that gave us hot chocolate and spiced cider. Thinking back now, the adults probably got "adult beverages". Some of my best memories of Christmas!
I see you have a dandy tractor!!. I bet it would pull a hay wagon.
That is an awesome idea and tradition to start, but I'm married to the scruge ;) :D