PDA

View Full Version : F@#k Ford

Havasu Cig
12-19-2003, 07:44 AM
Well as some of you know we have had many problems with our 03, 6.0 diesel Excursion. We hired a lawyer and three month ago ford agreed to take the vehicle back.
Two month ago we ordered a new Chevy 2500 HD Duramax. I was told it would be in the first of january.
Ford asked for the 30 day payoff to refund our money and missed it. Again they asked for the 30 day payoff and missed it. Now we are into week number two of the current payoff and no response from Ford.
We called ford to try and resolve the problem, and got an atttitude and was told that we should talk to our lawyer instead of them.
We call our lawyer and he said we can't rush Ford, we have to wait for them to get this done in their own sweet time.
Well we got a call from Chevy last night and our new truck just arrived. Now we still have the POS Excursion leaking F@#king oil in my driveway, engine still F@#ked up, as well as the brakes going out.
Ford was supposed to take this POS back month ago, and now they are F@#king me. I am going to have to shell out extra cash so I don't lose the new truck because Ford is so F@#ked up.
I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER FORD!!!:mad:
Just needed to vent a little.:mad:

ratso
12-19-2003, 07:53 AM
Amen Brother.

voodooCanoe
12-19-2003, 08:09 AM
FORD = F*#@KING
OIL
RUINING
DRIVEWAY

Jordy
12-19-2003, 08:20 AM
Put it on a flat bed trailer, hang a bunch of banners about what a pos the POSD is and tow it with your Duramax around the Ford dealers in the area. That'll get there attention. Like the 6.0 needs any more negative attention. I'd say just be glad that the crank didn't let go, but that might help your cause. Apparently Ford has bought back over 500 vehicles with the 6.0 POSD. Maybe they're just waiting for some more people to buy them so they can afford to pay you guys. :D

91nordic29
12-19-2003, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by jordanpaulk
Put it on a flat bed trailer, hang a bunch of banners about what a pos the POSD is and tow it with your Duramax around the Ford dealers in the area. :D
That's funny right there, now!

ITSALLGOOD69
12-19-2003, 08:30 AM
I RATHER PUSH A CHEVY, THAN DRIVE A POS FORD!!!:D :D CHEVY

Sandbar Mike
12-19-2003, 08:33 AM
Sorry to here that Cig, But Congrats on the new truck.
I've got a ford I'm trying to get rid of also.

superdave013
12-19-2003, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by Sandbar Mike
Sorry to here that Cig, But Congrats on the new truck.
I've got a ford I'm trying to get rid of also.
I've got a dead ford truck that I want to get rid of too. It only lasted 238,763 miles. :rolleyes: Not bad for an over worked half ton.
I've got a POS 3/4 ton chevy right now. Real close to having to go through what Mike's going though with it.
My point? They all have a dog or two. Just hope the new dodge I got is not one. :wink:
Sorry to hear about the run around Mike.

SS Havabrew
12-19-2003, 08:47 AM
I guess Ford is the only builder who has had issues like this.
Sorry to hear about your problems though.
I've had Ferds all my life and never had any major problems.
I currently have a 99 150 an 02 Excursion and a 54 F100
in the driveway and not a drop of oil to be seen.
Seems you just got a POS and they don't want to make it right.
THAT is what sucks! My buddy had the same type of issue with Chevy. Took him months to get his cash back. And the thing that sucked about that is he paid cash for it. That hurt.

Havasu Cig
12-19-2003, 08:54 AM
I have had Fords in the past with the 7.3 and they were great Trucks. I was going to give Ford the benefit of the doubt on this one being that it was a new motor.
But now that they are F@#king with me, never again will I buy another one!!!:mad:
BTW: The local Ford dealer we have been working with has been good to us, it is the dip$hits above them that are the problem.:mad:

cal***boat
12-19-2003, 08:54 AM
:rolleyes: FORD :rolleyes:
****ed
On
Raw
Deal

Havasu Cig
12-19-2003, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by SS Havabrew
I guess Ford is the only builder who has had issues like this.
Sorry to hear about your problems though.
I've had Ferds all my life and never had any major problems.
I currently have a 99 150 an 02 Excursion and a 54 F100
in the driveway and not a drop of oil to be seen.
Seems you just got a POS and they don't want to make it right.
THAT is what sucks! My buddy had the same type of issue with Chevy. Took him months to get his cash back. And the thing that sucked about that is he paid cash for it. That hurt.
We put 25k down which I want back!!!
If it was a minimum down deal I would not mind as much. I don't feel like having to write Chevy another big check, while My money is tyed up with FORD.:mad: :mad: :mad:

Lightning
12-19-2003, 09:10 AM
Chevy or Ford?????
I drive a Chevy and have never driven anything else - needless to say I am a big fan of Chevy's for that most part.
In my opinion, some trucks were built on Monday and some on Friday. The trucks that were built on Friday are the ones that have the problems because all the workers are in a rush to go home a drink a beer. :D

Lakeshow
12-19-2003, 09:13 AM
I just went through this with my 03' Escalade. Regardless of how long it takes Ford to get there act together they should be reimbursing your down payment plus all of your payments (including intrest) until the day that you turn the vehicle in. There is a deduction for the mileage that you put on the vehicle until the first time you took it in for the problem that you are getting in bought back for.
You mentioned that you were using an attorney and they should be explaining all of this to you.
The net result is you are going to be made whole in the end - don't let it get to you. Go get your new Chevy and park the Ford on the street.
Merry Christmas!!!

PerfectionDtail
12-19-2003, 09:25 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by jordanpaulk
[B]Put it on a flat bed trailer, hang a bunch of banners about what a pos the POSD is and tow it with your Duramax around the Ford dealers in the area.
That would be awesome!!!!

Havasu Cig
12-19-2003, 09:30 AM
LakeShow,
I understand the process, the problem is that we have more than 25k in cash tied up in the Ford. I was planning on having that money to put down on the Chevy.
When Ford asked for the payoff THREE MONTHS ago, and I new it was only good for thirty days I thought I was going to be ok with ordering the new chevy. I could not wait until the Ford was gone before ordering the new truck because I would be stuck without a tow vehicle.
If I have to take money out of investments to put down on the new Chevy, which will cost me money I am making, I am going to be pissed.

jbtrailerjim
12-19-2003, 09:32 AM
Well I have alway's been a Ford guy. I'm on my third F-150 and they all have been great truck's. My father has alway's driven Ford's and he has alway's had good luck with them also. I've heard problems with all the mfg. at some point in time. I think Ford, Chevy, and Dodge all build good truck's and they have all had there fair share of problem's. I guess it's just Ford's turn this time. I'm sure they will get the problem fixed. My rule of thumb is to never buy a brand new model of any vehicle. They alway's seem to have some problem.
Havasu Cig, Sorry to hear of your problem. That suck's that there dickin you around so much. :mad:

fastvdriver
Sorry to hear about the problems but I really like the idea of towing the ford around with the chevy I would park it on a heavly driven road with a large sign!!!!

TRIMDOG
Park that Ford on the street w/ the keys in it. Seriously, I have horror stories from several Chevy trucks and cars including but not limited to 350 vortec issues, 6.2 diesel, "disastro van", 4wd issues, trannys, door panel (interiors) falling off, etc.... The details would take five paragraphs. Personally I currently own a 7.3 as the tow vehicle of choice, but the most important thing is hang in there and try to buy American whenever you can. The vehicle you describe (DIES. EXCUR.) is exactly what we were looking to buy in a couple of years, but it sounds like it might be smart to wait it out.:confused:

NOTALENT
12-19-2003, 09:43 AM
That sucks man I always hated ford. by the way it stands for:
Found on Road Dead
F****d On Race Day
anyways my friends dad had bought a brand new ford and had this same problem. He went through all the bs. He was even patient about it. But yet they still would not help much. what He ended up doing was driving it to the Dealer and parked it blocking the drive way with a sign on it saying something about how ford screwed him after 2 days of him camping out there. They took it back and gave him a full reimbursement. Sure it only took him 2 days which isnt that bad if you have vacation or do it on the weekend when there is more business. They also lost business in the process....I say you give it a try. What do you have to lose....Good luck and sorry bro...later

MissHavasuCig
12-19-2003, 09:49 AM
My co-workers all told me to write on all my windows "LEMON" etc... I do have a lot of windows on that POS :rolleyes:

BIGTYME
12-19-2003, 09:53 AM
always try and buy a car built on wednesday. Never monday or friday!

Kachina26
12-19-2003, 10:10 AM
As a GM technician I can tell you that Ford, Chevy, GMC, Dodge.....etc all have their problems. It's all about how they (or if they) rectify the issue. I have only seen 2 maybe 3 vehicles bought back in the 9 years that I've been with GMC. I definately would not want to be the first on my block to own anything that a manufacturer has just come out with. Because despite all the testing, R&D etc. the real proving grounds are in the customers hands. I certainly wouldn't have wanted a duramax when they couldn't keep the headgaskets sealed, and even now, a tech at my shop has a duramax with a knock (probably a rod knock) that is frustrating the hell out of him. It started with less than a thousand miles on it and technical assistance wants him to tear down the motor and perhaps repair or replace it. His contention is that he did not drop 45k on a truck with a rebuilt motor, and I agree. So maybe I will see another by back. So I guess what I'm saying is that they're all designed and built by people so expect some of em to be real turds! Oh yeah BTW don't get sucked into that whole buy American thing, go look at the first digit of your VIN #, those of you with a 2 have bought Canadian A, those with a 3 Bought from Taco Bell er uh I mean Mexico. Only those with a 1 have bought an American ASSEMBLED vehicle. And the parts come from all over the place. Don't get me wrong you won't see my boat behind a toyota but you may see me commuting to work in one.

Jordy
12-19-2003, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Havasu Cig
If I have to take money out of investments to put down on the new Chevy, which will cost me money I am making, I am going to be pissed.
Depending on the brokerage house, you should be able to borrow up to 80% of the value of your portfolio and then write off the interest that you're essentially paying to yourself for loaning you the money. :D

RiverRatMike
12-19-2003, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Havasu Cig
Well as some of you know we have had many problems with our 03, 6.0 diesel Excursion. We hired a lawyer and three month ago ford agreed to take the vehicle back.
Two month ago we ordered a new Chevy 2500 HD Duramax. I was told it would be in the first of january.
Ford asked for the 30 day payoff to refund our money and missed it. Again they asked for the 30 day payoff and missed it. Now we are into week number two of the current payoff and no response from Ford.
We called ford to try and resolve the problem, and got an atttitude and was told that we should talk to our lawyer instead of them.
We call our lawyer and he said we can't rush Ford, we have to wait for them to get this done in their own sweet time.
Well we got a call from Chevy last night and our new truck just arrived. Now we still have the POS Excursion leaking F@#king oil in my driveway, engine still F@#ked up, as well as the brakes going out.
Ford was supposed to take this POS back month ago, and now they are F@#king me. I am going to have to shell out extra cash so I don't lose the new truck because Ford is so F@#ked up.
I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER FORD!!!:mad:
Just needed to vent a little.:mad:
I wonder what Kilrtoy has to say about all this. LOL

v-drive
12-19-2003, 11:07 AM
I hate to burst anyones bubble but I had the same problems with a dodge in the past. I had a 94 chevy truck that everytime I turned around something else was breaking. I now have a 2000 F-150 and other than tires and brakes there have been no problems. My advice to HC is to document every time you talk to them (time,date,person) and what you talked about. Use your home phone so you can document the call. Good luck
v-drive

Forkin' Crazy
12-19-2003, 11:13 AM
That sucks! Ford ought to own up to their mistakes and pay you instead of playing lawyer games..:mad: A local dealership here did that with me and the lawyers got paid well.:frown:
I only have 261,000 miles on my Dodge. It has only been towed in once, and that was my fault. Plan to make a 32 hour trip with it next month. I think the engine will go 500,000 miles no problem, but I don't know if the body will make it
FYI, Dodge has Cummins..... Chevy has a Mitsubishi???
:confused:

SoCal_fun
12-19-2003, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Kachina26
Oh yeah BTW don't get sucked into that whole buy American thing, go look at the first digit of your VIN #, those of you with a 2 have bought Canadian A, those with a 3 Bought from Taco Bell er uh I mean Mexico. Only those with a 1 have bought an American ASSEMBLED vehicle. And the parts come from all over the place. Don't get me wrong you won't see my boat behind a toyota but you may see me commuting to work in one.
My Toyota Tundra/Sequoia 4x4's were built in Indiana, US of A by hard working Americans!!! :)
Many trucks now days are built in Mexico or Canada as was stated above. Might want to look more carefully before you talk about 'buying American'. :p
My previous Trucks:
88 Dakota 2wd - Great midsize for hauling dirt bikes, etc. 10 years trouble free.
99 Ram 1500 4x4 - decent vech., sometimes wish I still had it.
01 Sequoia 4x4 (Wife's daily driver), great ride, great offroad and good travel vech. Lots of brake and cooling issues (1st model year stuff)... :(
02 Tacoma 4x4, great fun offroad, but too small for towing.
03 Tundra 4x4, so far so good. Tows up to 7,000# real nice, although could use more power! Great smooth ride for a truck and for a 4x4.

Lakeshow
12-19-2003, 11:43 AM
The dealer (Escondido GMC) that I bought my replacement vehicle from (Yukon) took my check (20K) and held it for 30 days while the paperwork cleared on my buy back. I showed them all of the paperwork which made them comfortable enough to hold the check.
Just a thought.

OCStoker
12-19-2003, 11:53 AM
I have also bought new cars where the dealer would hold my down for 30 days. Just ask, I am sure they would work with you.
Good luck

Ziggy
12-19-2003, 12:50 PM
I've got the 7.3, 40k on it without a drop of oil except from diff cover where they last guys didn't get a good clean seal.
One employee has the 6.0 and has had 3 or 4 oil leaks fixed plus some injector stuff early on.
I'm just glad I got the 7.3.
Havasu Cig, I'm sorry to hear about your bad luck with it...and as you can see from other posts it isn't just Ford. It can happen to any brand, regardless of how cheap or expensive a vehicle. I can tell you from experience that most manufacturers will take their time to complete such a repurchase, especially if you are leaving the brand but normally will get it done. What I've seen is there are so many hands that have to touch/approve and pass along the papers its a red tape issue.
And I applaud you for recognizing that its not the dealers fault, most are trying hard to work with you.
Dragging your vehicle around dealerships with lemons on it or some shit like that is doing nothing towards the "maker" of the vehicle but rather hurting a hard working local businessperson.

Ziggy
12-19-2003, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by OCStoker
I have also bought new cars where the dealer would hold my down for 30 days. Just ask, I am sure they would work with you.
Good luck
This is actually not legal but is fairly common. If you are financing the car then the dealer represents to the lender that a down has been taken and secured gaurantying no other leins could be placed on the car....I suppose the legal term would be "fraud". Most lenders won't do anything unless a problem actually arises, some won't even allow a credit card down payment because it can skew FICO scores and/or create another lien type situation.
FYI

spectras only
12-19-2003, 01:10 PM
Cig , that beast;) you're towing ,I would have opted for the F 650 :cool: , no less.

Dave C
12-19-2003, 02:27 PM
that sucks.
It seems that if they "agreed" to re-buy in 30 days then they reneged on their agreement. Your lawyer should have taken issue with this.

BrendellaJet
12-19-2003, 02:54 PM
anyone have a new Hemi Ram that actually gets the 17mpg they advertise on the hwy? I get 260 miles per tank-250 of which is all hwy-NO TRAFFIC. I cant even drive the damn thing to the store for fear of watching my gas guage move more. Im thinking I should have some recourse here... Im sorry, but 10mpg is not even close to 17. If I would have known that it would do this, I would not have traded in my chevy.

Havasu Cig
12-19-2003, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Dave C
that sucks.
It seems that if they "agreed" to re-buy in 30 days then they reneged on their agreement. Your lawyer should have taken issue with this.
That is the problem. They asked for the payoff, which is good for 30 days, and then missed it twice now. They have two weeks left to make this one. They wrote me a letter agreeing to take the vehicle back several month ago, and you think they could do it a little faster.
I have bought trucks from the Chevy dealer before, so he is being cool, but they can only hold it so long before I am going to have to buy the thing.
This whole thing just pisses me off. I am in the process of buying a new business as well, and don't need another loan on my credit. Probably won't hurt anything, but you never know.
Thanks for all the suggestions.

25 Eagle
12-19-2003, 04:03 PM
Cig...bummer about the truck. Personally I've had 4 F150's since '96 including a Lightning and they have all been great. Of coarse I have never put over 36 thousand miles on anyone of them so that maybe why. I have a friend who is a service writer for Dodge and I asked him about the new Hemi and he said he's seeing a lot of them coming back. Another friend got a GMC with the DuraMax and is having some issues also. Who knows.

Dave C
12-19-2003, 04:32 PM
by renege I mean that it may be actionable. I.E. you can sue for your damages for their failure to live up for their end of the bargain. This all depends on what the agreement was exactly.

Starloans
12-19-2003, 05:50 PM
Damn Cig, sorry to hear about the ford. BASTARDS! Hope you get your cash back soon. Jordan and Lakeshow have super ideas. Put that bitch on a flat bed and haul it around!
Last truck I bought the dealer did the financing but said they would hold the paperwork for 7 days to see if I could get better financing. Sounded like a pretty standard thing. That may give ya a few more days to see if you get your cash. I was getting 5.9% on the GMC 2500 at the time and I couldn't do any better than that so I took it.
I have heard of what Lakeshow was talking about also. Maybe with some flexable Chevy dealer financing and a flatbed you can nail it down your cash before the final paperwork goes in.
The flatbed sounds funny but my GF gave back a lemon Chrysler Sebering and they were pretty detailed about her not saying bad stuff about the company and not getting a bad rep for the lemon and so forth. Dist Manager came down to Poway looked at the car and said here's all your lease down payment back AND all your lease payments. 14 months worth. Did it in a hurry. She put 7K down on the lease so the pmts would be low. A week later she had a check in the mail for over 10K.
Good luck to ya.

Havasu Cig
12-22-2003, 07:58 AM
Thanks for all the advice.....
I am going to give it to the end of December, and then just go write Chevy a check and pick up the new truck.
I will eventually get my $$$ back from Ford, but it pisses me off that I have to put more money out there.
:cool:

missboatnam1
12-22-2003, 08:10 AM
sorry to hear about your problems hc.we have a freind that had the 6.0 and ford took it back.also have heard many horror stories on the new chevy deisel hope it works out nice for you>

NashvilleBound
12-22-2003, 08:20 AM
ChaddyShack has had his Duramax in several times for MAJOR engine problems. They say the first year of a new motor is always a problem. My Ford has 140k and is running perfect. As much as I am a Ford fan I really like the idea that was posted earlier of putting it on a trailer with banners and towing it around town, with your Chebby, in front of your local Ford dealership. That will get their attention I assure you. If your close to North San Diego let me know....I'll go as I am always into some good drama!:D :D

Wicky
12-22-2003, 08:49 AM
NOt so sure about the quality of the Fords but, I do know Bill Ford is a big Sierra Club supporter and is doing away with the Excursion guzzler. **** Ford for supporting the Sierra Club.
****ing huggers!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Never buy a Ford if you enjoy your freedom!!
Mow,
Wicky

Havasu Cig
01-06-2004, 08:21 AM
The POS is going back to Ford Tommorrow. They called and said they had our check ready.:cool:

Dave C
01-06-2004, 09:28 AM
Thats a great idea i.e. towing the beater around with banners on it with the new truck.
Its legal and gets the point across. They will give in to your demands just to get to you to quiet down.
Can I use that bit?
P.S. good news H.C.

Starloans
01-06-2004, 09:58 AM
Hey Cig,
Glad to hear you got that straightened out. Did you get the cash in time to structure the new deal the way you wanted?

MsDrmr
01-06-2004, 10:12 AM
Mr has a 2001 F150, he has only had it three years, the censors went bad, the driver door does not unlock unless you use the key now, the brakes are always going bad. I have never owned a ford and I am glad. My dad has a 1999 explorer, and the same thing with the censors on it.
Hubby now wants to trade in for a Ford 250 deisel truck for towing and xtra room for family, I hope it was just a fluke with your paticular truck and not a result of the deisel engine

Havasu Cig
01-06-2004, 12:20 PM
SL,
We are working on another deal right now, the last one ended up not being that great. I don't think it would matter because we have enough net worth, but you know how banks are about loans sometimes. I ended up having to write Chevy a check for the new truck, and that was just less liquid cash that I could show. I was just pissed at Ford more than anything, and needed to vent.
mrsdrmr,
My buddy has the same exact vehicle, and he is having similar problems. He bought his about three weeks after us.:confused:

Just Tool'n
01-06-2004, 12:40 PM
Havasu Cig, was the crankcase filling up after 1-2k miles after each oil change. A friend has a a 6.0 that they keep replacing injectors in, reflashing the computer on it, & it will add up to 4 qts at oil change.
I told him with all of that diesel ending up in the crankcase, what is that doing to the bearings. I told him that ford should take that truck back.
He is going on the 4th set of injectors on it.

Havasu Cig
01-06-2004, 12:47 PM
We never had that problem, but I have heard of others doing the same thing. I was told the motor needed to be replaced if that happened.
We had the rear main seal go out at 1800 miles, the turbo at 2500 miles, the computer reflashed six times ( and it still surges and idles at different rpm's), the brakes replaced at 8000 miles and they need it again at 20,000 miles, total loss of power while driving on the freeway twice, and partial loss several other times, dvd player had to be replaced, and the thing is now leaking oil again. Other than that it has been great:D

Just Tool'n
01-06-2004, 12:51 PM
Havasu Cig, What a great truck, I could drive that piece of shit with confidence, (Ha, Ha)
Hope all goes well the Chevy. I am waiting for a better year in business before I order my new Duramax. Lerts hope 04 is a great year for business.

Havasu Cig
01-06-2004, 01:04 PM
The Chevy has been great so far, all of 300 miles.:D
It is getting some new rims and tires today, so that should make it happy.:D