PDA

View Full Version : CAR Commercials

Kilrtoy
12-19-2003, 10:19 PM
Why is it all companies compare themselves to Ford.
Especially the trucks to F150's.
What is funny is.
NO COMPANY DARE COMPARE TO THE F250 or F350
WHY
Dont compare yourself to the best when your 3rd rate.
Stilll the best selling truck in the world.
PERIOD

RiverRatMike
12-19-2003, 10:27 PM
maybe so but they will never have my business!

JetBoatRich
12-19-2003, 10:31 PM
I take it, you like your new truck:D

Kilrtoy
12-19-2003, 10:37 PM
If I could ever drive it.
the wife says she hates it, YEAH RIGHT.
She hasnt even touched the Mustand since we brought it home....
But she still says she hates it.

JetBoatRich
12-19-2003, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
If I could ever drive it.
the wife says she hates it, YEAH RIGHT.
She hasnt even touched the Mustand since we brought it home....
But she still says she hates it.
She like the power and the roar of the engine thrusting forward:(
never mind, better leave that alone:eek:

Kilrtoy
12-19-2003, 10:43 PM
She likes driving off curbs, or those stupid speed bumps in the middle of city streets at 70.
Over parking stall curbs
How people get the hell out of her way
8 lug nut rule over 4, 5 and 6 I guess

Kilrtoy
12-19-2003, 10:44 PM
Com on rich
Power thrusting
She a woman, WHO doesnt like a VIBRATOR,
I mean big chraged engine...

JetBoatRich
12-19-2003, 10:47 PM
At least she is enjoying something you bought her;)

jbtrailerjim
12-19-2003, 10:52 PM
PERIOD [/B]
This is why they have to alway's compare there trucks to Ford's cuz there alway's chasin the Ford's in sales.
I love all the Ford bashers too that alway's feel the need to tell Ford owner's "Ford's suck" or "found on road dead" Blah blah blah. Ford must do something right. There truck's have been outselling all other mfg. for over 20 years.

Kachina26
12-19-2003, 11:43 PM
PERIOD
I don't know that I'm totally won over by the "best selling" theme. I'm sure that Kia out sells Ferrari every year, and I doubt that it's due to quality. Chevy hangs it's hat on best resale value in it's class. Don't get me wrong, I've said it before, they're all turds made by humans. I just don't go for the "best selling" theory.

Kilrtoy
12-19-2003, 11:46 PM
Well the fords are more expensive and don thave as nice as interiors,
So I think that says something......
and kills the theroy you posted......
more expensive and still better selling...
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

GlastronGuy
12-19-2003, 11:51 PM
<----Likes Ford and Chevy
Why is it all companies compare themselves to Ford.
Especially the trucks to F150's.
What is funny is.
NO COMPANY DARE COMPARE TO THE F250 or F350
WHY
Dont compare yourself to the best when your 3rd rate.
PERIOD
And Budwiser is the best selling beer. Which just goes to prove that people are not too bright.
;)

Kilrtoy
12-20-2003, 12:09 AM
But bud is always on sale and is cheap as shit,
NEXT QUESTION

GlastronGuy
12-20-2003, 12:11 AM
It's no coincidence that you used bud and shit in the same sentence.

JustMVG
12-20-2003, 02:40 AM
I like when Chevy and dodge compare their top of the line truck to the F-150 a Stock f-150 next to a big motor chev or dodge is going to look bad no matter what , i say lets compare striped versions and top of the line no option untouched and go from there, standard 17 inch rims on a ford and the 20's on the dodge, gimme a break, hot rod mag recently did a comparo between the Mustang GT and a Subaru WRX , and gues what the Subaru beat the mustang in most areas, but it wasn't so much as to claim one over the other, you want great performance in a little car go Subaru, want a nice V8 and some class go w the Mustang, the 1/4 mile #'s were close by a .10th if i remember correctly, but not everyone who street races on the fly is going to have the tires at just the right pressures and on and on, but the truck thing is ridiculous , just my extended .02 ' worth
thanks for the time Mike VG

Elk Chaser
12-20-2003, 07:05 AM
When it comes to silver anniversaries, people often think about weddings. But for Ford, a silver anniversary inspires thoughts of something else: trucks.
Ford F-Series is celebrating its 25th anniversary as America's best-selling truck, and its 20th anniversary as America's best-selling vehicle – car or truck.
During the past 25 years, F-Series has received numerous product enhancements. In 1987, F-Series became the first truck with rear-wheel antilock brakes, and in 1994, driver's-side air bags were added. In 1996, Ford introduced a completely redesigned F-150 and F-250, and added a Super Cab option featuring a third door – a first in full-size pickup history. Four years later, in 2000, the F-150 SuperCrew was added to the F-Series lineup – another industry first – featuring four full-size doors and a full rear passenger compartment, further addressing customer needs.
Ford's best-selling F-Series lineup includes F-150, Harley-Davidson F-150, King Ranch F-150, F-150 SuperCrew, F-150 SVT Lightning, and F-Series Super Duty – trucks that offer a broad array of configurations to meet customer needs. From the personal-use customer using F-Series for family transportation, to the commercial customer using an F-Series Super Duty on the construction site, F-Series has what it takes to get the job done.
--------------------------------------
And it just keeps getting better, like with the new F150.
Chevy and Dodge can't touch this!
It's No Wonder They Are The Best Selling Trucks
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/935nwps_logo_small-med.gif
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/935image001-med.jpg
You Can't Tell I Like My Ford.....

RiverRatMike
12-20-2003, 08:28 AM
May 24, 2003
Ford is recalling 185,000 pickup trucks and sport-utility vehicles to inspect a steering part that might have been improperly installed and could lead to a loss of control.
Ford said the recall would cover 1997 model year F150 and F250 pickups, as well as Ford Expedition SUVs. It said it has three reports of accidents with two reports of minor injuries relating to the problem.
The automaker said an intermediate steering shaft yoke may have been installed improperly. It expects that less than 1 percent of the vehicles will have a problem and need to be repaired.
Sorry, Ford is not the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ratso
12-20-2003, 08:37 AM
msn autos listed them this way...
1 Ford F150
2 Chevy Silverado 1500
3 Chevy SSR
4 Dodge Ram 1500
5 Ford Ranger
6Toyota Tacoma
7 Toyota Tundra
8 Dodge Dakota
9 Avalanche
10 Ford F250 Super Duty
These are just the trucks they listed as most popular.
F150 has been #1 for 21 years but I would never own one, been running Dodge and Ford diesels for years. My last "driver" that I purchased is a Dodge 2500 regular cab automatic with a Hemi and I really like it although I still prefer the diesel. I only get 10 miles to the gallon, that's really the only gripe I have with it.

Elk Chaser
12-20-2003, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by RiverRatMike
May 24, 2003
Ford is recalling 185,000 pickup trucks and sport-utility vehicles to inspect a steering part that might have been improperly installed and could lead to a loss of control.
Ford said the recall would cover 1997 model year F150 and F250 pickups, as well as Ford Expedition SUVs. It said it has three reports of accidents with two reports of minor injuries relating to the problem.
The automaker said an intermediate steering shaft yoke may have been installed improperly. It expects that less than 1 percent of the vehicles will have a problem and need to be repaired.
Sorry, Ford is not the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Duh, now do a search on Chevy and Dodge recalls.
That is the Stupidest Logic Possible when it comes to a car or truck, pull your head out, OK :D

RiverRatMike
12-20-2003, 09:18 AM
Duh, I did a search and all I came up with is F-series recalls! :D

12-20-2003, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by RiverRatMike
Duh, I did a search and all I came up with is F-series recalls! :D So what you're saying is ONLY Fords have recalls? Thats good to know , at least Ford recognizes there may be problems and are willing to correct. GM never recalls their ****-ups, they just dump on their customers....Way to go Generous Motors, thats good for the bottom line.:D

Kilrtoy
12-20-2003, 02:43 PM
GM
They cant make a tranny that will last.
I have at least 6 freiends that have all lost there trannys
One of them at 450 miles.
WOW PIECE OF SHIT.....
and here is the kicker,
NONE OF THEM EVEN TOW........

Kachina26
12-20-2003, 04:24 PM
Well the fords are more expensive and don thave as nice as interiors,
So I think that says something......
and kills the theroy you posted......
more expensive and still better selling...
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
Actually to get into a base chevy with a v-8 you start out at just over 25k (taken from the chevy website had to upgrade to get v-8 to match ford's bottom offering) and the ford base truck starts out at 22k. More than 10% difference in price. I also built the biggest most loaded model on each and chevy was only $1200 bucks cheaper. I think the "most popular" comes from the sale of entry level trucks where not everyone looks at the details when buying just that they can get a v-8 for less money. Anyway it's just one theory and not the bottom line answer. As for popular opinion just remember Clinton was elected twice! I don't put too much weight in the opinions of the population at large. You can bet I'm gonna get the extende warranty on my GM trans, I've been working on these things too long not too!

gnarley
12-20-2003, 04:36 PM
They all have problems, some you just hear of more than others.
If General Motors Corporation combined the sales of it Chevy line of trucks & the GMC line of trucks that we all know are basically the same I suspect the total sales numbers would leave Fords trucks in the dirt. I seem to remember reading this before.

RiverRatMike
12-20-2003, 05:19 PM
FORD
They cant make a engine that will last.
I have at least 12 freiends that have all lost there engines
One of them at 40 miles.
WOW PIECE OF SHIT.....
and here is the kicker,

anxious
12-20-2003, 05:20 PM
GM
They cant make a tranny that will last.
I have at least 6 freiends that have all lost there trannys
One of them at 450 miles.
WOW PIECE OF SHIT.....
and here is the kicker,
how about the allison tranny.
first of all im a chevy fan but have an open mind about all vehicles. my dad sold his aerostar after the third tranny was put in after owning the vehicle for 14 months. (no towing and he babys his car) you are always going to have problems with any car dont matter what it is. my uncle ferrari spends more time in the shop being fixed than it does in his garage.